[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

hoochy

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 26, 2016, 10:13:05 PMI will think about changing the balancing for it. Although Gell does have the advantage of not having to wait for ships to sell to / buy from.

Yes but trading is broken anyhow without things like your subspace transponder. The randomness of trading in the base game is just too unrealistic. The bigger a colony gets the more traders would come because you are making them more and more money, so they would visit you more. Not to mention the base game inability to actively conduct trade yourself "just wait for it" is a bit unrealistic. :)

I also realized the amount harvested is only 2 by default, I moved it to 8 like potatoes with the same grow time, and then balanced prices pretty much like my post said. It made it a lot more enjoyable, and still quite limiting for a big base. The way I see it, whatever potatoes can do omnigel should be able to do, otherwise it makes no financial sense to use it. When trading can be done better with your subspace mod (I have 5 of your buildings to quickly trade when needed) you would only make potatoes otherwise.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 26, 2016, 10:13:05 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 25, 2016, 01:37:25 AM
Just tested the updated shields. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for your hard work! :)

EDIT: Using the Rimsenal mod, some of the weapons like the Crucible Rifle fire really fast moving shots that ignore the shield. Is there any way to deal with this?

Dont know exactly, how did it work in the previous version, before the fix I just did? Is it that it is just passing over the cell within the one frame that it is checked?

I think it's just coming through too fast for the shield to check for it. I think there was a similar problem when using it with combat realism a while back, since bullets move much faster with combat realism.

timeandtherani

I don't seem to be able to make the reverse cycle cooler.  Does it replace the regular cooler?  When I try to build a cooler from the temperature menu, it won't let me place it -- it shows the materials needed to build, but the cooler blueprint doesn't place.  If it's a different cooler, where can I find it, please? Or do I have to research something?

anonloli

Quote from: anonloli on April 26, 2016, 02:07:30 PM
I've encountered an issue with the laser drill/fill... I can place them, colonists bring out the materials, go through the whole building process, but as soon as it's complete, there's nothing on the map. It could be a conflict with another mod. I'll see if I can get more info.

Nothing the building disappears, or nothing it sits there and does nothing? Because after you build it takes some time to work.

The buildings disappear entirely.

Cabraca

the reverse cycle cooler only change the way how the normal cooler works

if you select the cooler than you get a violet and a white room to see how hew cools/heats  the white room is to ignore he need only to be 1x1 and the violet room is the room which get cooled or heated

reiia

For ED-PoweredVent mod:
Does anyone know if there is a mod or item that you can link to the powered vent to "sense" temperature of the room that the "thermometer" item is placed and then lets you set the powered vent to auto cycle between its power levels to attempt to reach that temperature when it is connected to two thermometers in 2 different rooms with different temps.  I'm doing this manually as a giant central heating system for my base atm using the heat from my energy room =P.  I have 2 vents to my power station room.  1 to outside, and 1 to my main base.  Winter time, i shut the vent and control how much heat i push into my base, while i completely vent during summer or i would be cooked =P

Jaxxa

Quote from: oronnoro2 on April 27, 2016, 02:14:48 AM
Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 27, 2016, 12:15:06 AM
poor mod developers.. they make one big mod and users whine to get it in pieces.. make it in pieces and people want it in one big mod..

Alright, or don't. =P

But I never asked to make it one big mod tho, just to place everything in a folder.

Would you like me to demonstrate what it would look like? ~ Sarcasm

-------------------------------
Jaxxa,

Please do what you want, I was merely asking for your mods not to be combined into one but, have them all in one folder (easy drag and drop). I do not mind downloading them at all, however, out of all of them I only skipped 1.

I cannot imagine the amount of free time you have given to the mods you have created and the dedication you have put to keep these mods up to date so I thank you, thank you. As I do not know how to create mods, I am very much grateful for having you in the community.

If you feel like keeping the mods separated is the best option please do not feel like you owe me or anyone else anything.

Again, thank you, and please, take what I have requested as a suggestion and nothing more.

Thank you,
Oron

Glad you are enjoying the mods. Since a few people have asked similar things I am thinking of adding a single .zip file that would contain all of the other latest release versions so you can download them all at once and then just extract them and copy them over as you want. I think that is probably the best blend of easy to update / manage for me and easy to uses for you.

Quote from: Ghizmo on April 27, 2016, 05:09:10 AM
Hey Jaxxa,

I do use A13, and I toke your advice and re-downloaded all the mods.
I also removed the ED-core mod, since it doesnt seem to be needed from the text in your OP.

Everything works now! Thanks :)
I'll be back if I got something to report.

Loving the shields and the vulcan btw haha

Glad you got it figured out.
Quote from: hoochy on April 27, 2016, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on April 26, 2016, 10:13:05 PMI will think about changing the balancing for it. Although Gell does have the advantage of not having to wait for ships to sell to / buy from.

Yes but trading is broken anyhow without things like your subspace transponder. The randomness of trading in the base game is just too unrealistic. The bigger a colony gets the more traders would come because you are making them more and more money, so they would visit you more. Not to mention the base game inability to actively conduct trade yourself "just wait for it" is a bit unrealistic. :)

I also realized the amount harvested is only 2 by default, I moved it to 8 like potatoes with the same grow time, and then balanced prices pretty much like my post said. It made it a lot more enjoyable, and still quite limiting for a big base. The way I see it, whatever potatoes can do omnigel should be able to do, otherwise it makes no financial sense to use it. When trading can be done better with your subspace mod (I have 5 of your buildings to quickly trade when needed) you would only make potatoes otherwise.

Ok, I will look into the balancing of omnigel, and probably nerf the subspace mod a bit.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 27, 2016, 01:27:27 PM
Just tested the updated shields. Seems to work fine now. Thanks for your hard work! :)

EDIT: Using the Rimsenal mod, some of the weapons like the Crucible Rifle fire really fast moving shots that ignore the shield. Is there any way to deal with this?

Dont know exactly, how did it work in the previous version, before the fix I just did? Is it that it is just passing over the cell within the one frame that it is checked?

I think it's just coming through too fast for the shield to check for it. I think there was a similar problem when using it with combat realism a while back, since bullets move much faster with combat realism.

Ok, I will look into that, but I dont know that there is much that can be done.

Quote from: timeandtherani on April 27, 2016, 04:26:40 PM
I don't seem to be able to make the reverse cycle cooler.  Does it replace the regular cooler?  When I try to build a cooler from the temperature menu, it won't let me place it -- it shows the materials needed to build, but the cooler blueprint doesn't place.  If it's a different cooler, where can I find it, please? Or do I have to research something?

It should be replacing the normal cooler. Do you get any errors in the log? Maybe try downloading the mod again, checking you get the Release version?

Quote from: anonloli on April 28, 2016, 01:02:38 PM
Quote from: anonloli on April 26, 2016, 02:07:30 PM
I've encountered an issue with the laser drill/fill... I can place them, colonists bring out the materials, go through the whole building process, but as soon as it's complete, there's nothing on the map. It could be a conflict with another mod. I'll see if I can get more info.

Nothing the building disappears, or nothing it sits there and does nothing? Because after you build it takes some time to work.

The buildings disappear entirely.

Do you get any errors in the log? Maybe try downloading the mod again, checking you get the Release version?

Quote from: reiia on April 28, 2016, 03:31:20 PM
For ED-PoweredVent mod:
Does anyone know if there is a mod or item that you can link to the powered vent to "sense" temperature of the room that the "thermometer" item is placed and then lets you set the powered vent to auto cycle between its power levels to attempt to reach that temperature when it is connected to two thermometers in 2 different rooms with different temps.  I'm doing this manually as a giant central heating system for my base atm using the heat from my energy room =P.  I have 2 vents to my power station room.  1 to outside, and 1 to my main base.  Winter time, i shut the vent and control how much heat i push into my base, while i completely vent during summer or i would be cooked =P

I dont think that there is anything like that, I might look into something like that in the future.

anonloli

I do have the latest release. I'm not currently getting log errors, however.

Jaxxa

Can you check that you have an Assemblies folder and that it contains a .dll file.

Jaxxa

Quote from: WaYa on April 26, 2016, 02:38:34 PM
about ED-Shields:

Under ReCalibrateCells()
            Log.Message("Testing:" + current.ToString());
keeps flooding the debug screen

I had a look and this should have already been fixed in ED-Shields 01.00.01

Can you please confirm if you were using an old version? and if so does updating fix the issue.

anonloli

There is no assemblies folder. That would probably do it.

anonloli

Quote from: anonloli on April 29, 2016, 10:28:19 AM
There is no assemblies folder. That would probably do it.

Yep. That was me using the wrong download on github, apparently. Whoops!

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 28, 2016, 10:40:39 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 27, 2016, 01:27:27 PM

Ok, I will look into that, but I dont know that there is much that can be done.

I suppose it's not a big deal though, since the faction that uses that weapon is supposed to be widely feared and stuff. Being able to pierce shields like that definitely helps them seem more threatening.

Timmiej93

I feel so stupid.. Saw somebody using your mod on YouTube, so I googled it. Found the A11 version, figured that would probably still work (since I usually see topics get updated instead of new ones opened). Then later, I found the A12 version (since A11 didn't work). And now, finally I found the A13 version. I should REALLY start checking the last post more often. Thanks for your continued work!

Maitri

Not sure if anyone else is getting this error or not, but when I attempt to build the lower level shields, the construction looks to be fine, they bring out materials, begin building and then it ... just disappears.

Pulled from debug log:

Can anyone help? Also had a similar problem with inferno cannons. with them just disappearing but I believe that's another mod, perhaps.

[lightning fast edit!] I found the problem. Don't download the 'source code' zip/7z file as it has a different folder name than the top most file. I think it throws it off. Using the top most file link fixes both this and the laser drill issues! I hope this helps anyone else having this issue!