[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

randy

Jdalt40

Quote from: destructomac on August 04, 2017, 09:46:24 PM
<SIFBuildings>
               <li>Sandbags</li>
               <li>Wall</li>
               <li>Door</li>
               <li>Autodoor</li>
               <li>Embrasure</li>
               <li>ReinforcedFireResistantEmbrasures<li>
               <li>ReinforcedEmbrasures<li>
               <li>FireResistantEmbrasures<li>
               <li>Barricades<li>
               <li>RazerWire<li>
               <li>BlastDoor<li>
            </SIFBuildings>
thats all i changed and after much time messing with mods it seems like everything blows up when i try to enable the shield mod this was my last attempt at loading mods https://pastebin.com/kiurPSKS i used the old mod order which worked previously to re enable mods but when i got to the shields mod i activated it and it kinda blew up
You messed up the xml, change <li> at the end to </li>

destructomac

Jaxxa

Ok, let me know if you are still having issues after fixing those changes.

Penitent Engine

Hi! Does the embrasures mod still require a fix to get it working in a balanced way? I have seen some indication that the a17 update has fixed this natively, but no confirmation.

Xyxaan

Hi Jaxxa! Just wondering what code exactly keeps ranged weapons from working in a personal shield... I've been poking around in the files, but I can't figure it out for my life (and sanity). I want to make a personal shield mod for my Sith Lord and his Stormtroopers, in our quest to build a benevolent Empire on the Rim. So far I can't seem to find a single working range-enabled personal shield mod for A17, and I am saddened greatly by this. Did A17 make ranged shield belts impossible?
When all the world burns in nuclear fire, I will be there.
        With marshmallows.

Dellamorte

Mechanoid Tech adds a personal shield that the pawns can shoot through.

LiteEmUp

dang.. i didn't realized that this modder has created a stargate mod... too bad it seems to have a bug where your social relations reset each time you use a stargate...

Xyxaan

Well, I just tried the mechanoid tech mod, and it won't even generate a map so I can start a new colony... Probably an issue with one of my other mods, but I want those, and I still have no idea what it would take to make my own personal shield belt edit. I have this terrible feeling that I'd have to mess around in DLLs, and I know nothing about them, so it's rather daunting. Thanks for trying though, Dellamorte!
When all the world burns in nuclear fire, I will be there.
        With marshmallows.

Lady Wolf

Is there an eta on an a17 version of the personal nano shields and animal shields mods as well as turret control?

Positronium

Does the ED-Shield mod work with modded weapons? Such as from rimsenal? RT's Weapons and SNS? Because i tested it and it appears it doesn't work...

Edit: Nvm it does work, needed to restart the game..

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Positronium on September 13, 2017, 08:50:53 AM
Does the ED-Shield mod work with modded weapons? Such as from rimsenal? RT's Weapons and SNS? Because i tested it and it appears it doesn't work...

Edit: Nvm it does work, needed to restart the game..

From my experience while it does work on modded weapons, anything using the combat extended mod won't, the projectiles just bypass the shield entirely.

Jdalt40

Hey Jaxxa, would it be fine if I posted a patch for ED-Shields so it shields the ship part modules? I'll link the thread to your thread and give full credit to you. :)

Jaxxa

Jdalt40

Save Our Ship Patch
Enhanced Development Shields Mod

Hey all! All this patch does is allow S.I.F Shields to support Save Our Ship modular beams and airlocks.

Full credit to Jaxxa for even creating such a possibility
If you haven't got it already please get it as it is required
ED-Shields

Load this patch after ED-Shields as this overwrites the S.I.F Shield

Downloads

Mediafire

Steam