Idea how rimkids would work.

Started by Tatte, April 17, 2016, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexare

*bump*  ::)

This topic keeps coming up because a lot of players would like to have it in the game. I don't understand why some people are so averse to it - but it should at least be an option for those who do like the idea of raising families. Breeding animals is a thing, so why not colonists?

I personally have been looking forward to it being added for a long time and was excited to see Tynan add relationships and other family connections to the last version. Rimworld is the closest thing I've found to the complexity of Dwarf Fortress at least in the sense of the random storyteller AI and management system.

Dwarf Fortress has children and it's often annoying, often hilarious, but it adds another layer of interesting interactions and conditions to the base/city management to consider as part of your strategy.

My suggestion is have this be something that's entirely managed by the player's decision. Just as in real life, if you don't want kids, you take measures to prevent it. Easy solution for all those who don't want it in their game.

Marmar

I also think that kids would add a lot to story telling and overal experience. Of course some of you would like to escape the planet with your colonists etc., but hey - what with the tribe scenario? What sense is there in establishing a tribe without being able to reproduce? And although I am new to the game I have a feeling that there is a big chance that initial tribe members are related to each other - either brother/sister or parent/child bond - but there is also wife/husband relationship. What point there is in not having kits then?