Procedurally Generated Firearms!

Started by whoishigh, April 20, 2016, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaporisor

Quote from: thestalkinghead on April 27, 2016, 03:46:20 PM
i think variation in stats of guns would be a nice thing to have, it doesn't have to be as crazy as borderlands, but a slight % variation in damage, aim speed, and accuracy etc. would be a good addition.

and it would be plausible in the non factory perfect world of rimworld, eg. off center sights, sticking mechanisms, or just personalised improvements to a guns feel/weight etc.

Wonder if the system can efficiently add "traits" to weapons like a colonist.  Like sight, balanced, unwieldly, etc.  So some up in an area, drop in others, reflective of the quality while quality and condition itself still has it's own traits.  Maybe for the higher ends of quality add some art tab to it?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Alistaire

Weapons already have the art quality system. Something similar to a trait could be added to weapons but the problem is that the rest of the game is not built to look at such traits when deciding weapon stats.

Ace_livion

i think variation in stats of guns would be a nice thing to have, it doesn't have to be as crazy as borderlands, but a slight % variation in damage, aim speed, and accuracy etc. would be a good addition.

and it would be plausible in the non factory perfect world of rimworld, eg. off center sights, sticking mechanisms, or just personalised improvements to a guns feel/weight etc.

i believe we kinda already have a slight variation in weapons, since guns are made as poor, norm, good...
are we no on the road to make a "good" poor quality gun and a "slightly better" normal quality knife?

i think its kinda more productive make a craft roll on a fitting workbench to take 2 similar guns and sacrifice 1 in hope your guy succeed in upgrading the quality of the best one.
in other words end up use'ing 6 snipers of varying degree, in order to gain 1 Legendary sniper
and at this stage it might just be easier to make "unique" weapons be solely legendary weapons
this was we can have a roaster of legendary weapons whit unique abillityes and style, even lore.

thestalkinghead

Quote from: Ace_livion on April 27, 2016, 04:27:41 PM

i believe we kinda already have a slight variation in weapons, since guns are made as poor, norm, good...
are we no on the road to make a "good" poor quality gun and a "slightly better" normal quality knife?

i think its kinda more productive make a craft roll on a fitting workbench to take 2 similar guns and sacrifice 1 in hope your guy succeed in upgrading the quality of the best one.
in other words end up use'ing 6 snipers of varying degree, in order to gain 1 Legendary sniper
and at this stage it might just be easier to make "unique" weapons be solely legendary weapons
this was we can have a roaster of legendary weapons whit unique abillityes and style, even lore.

yeah we have some variation, but i was thinking of quality as a base and defects and additions as a second layer, like maybe a poor weapon might be on par with a good one because of the variables on the weapons

Vaporisor

Quote from: thestalkinghead on April 27, 2016, 05:06:42 PM

yeah we have some variation, but i was thinking of quality as a base and defects and additions as a second layer, like maybe a poor weapon might be on par with a good one because of the variables on the weapons

The interesting way to view it would be just cause it is "shoddy" might not make it bad.  That junker might have "expanded clip"?  Though potentially having a micromanage for every weapon and then lose the stacking in the markets.  Though we already have that with conditions?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes