[A13] Rimworld Westernization Project (v1.82) (9.5.2016)

Started by JackeryFox, May 04, 2016, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hi! Thanks for the mod!

How do these weapons fare against those from vanilla, Rimfire, CR, etc? I mean, having a gun from 1900 instead of one from 2010 should be really bad (since there is no global event to regulate weapon appearance chance and crafting, like game play eras). How did you manage this balance?

PS: may I include your mod in my pack?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

JackeryFox

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 08, 2016, 03:10:38 PM
Hi! Thanks for the mod!

How do these weapons fare against those from vanilla, Rimfire, CR, etc? I mean, having a gun from 1900 instead of one from 2010 should be really bad (since there is no global event to regulate weapon appearance chance and crafting, like game play eras). How did you manage this balance?

PS: may I include your mod in my pack?

Most of the weapons have caliber upgrades so they will fire stronger rounds than the ones they actually historically fired (for example numerous weapons use .45 ACP instead of the regular .45 Colt) and each weapon has it's completely own stats. The mod is still in an early stage so the balancing is still in it's early stages but I have tried to keep them as close to the default vanilla Rimworld weapons as possible damage wise.

Regarding the mod pack, you may include my mod in your mod pack as long as proper credit is given and meets the Creative Commons license this mod was licensed under.

Justas love

Hi, there is this mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19973.0;topicseen! It basicly adds a western type of faction and it doesn't really have that much weapons. The faction look really fits your weapons and i'm thinking that you should be on the same modding team. I really want a west themed huge mod for rimworld, been waiting for a mod like this!!!

Mzxs

Oh JackeryFox not sure if your aware but Noimageavailible is leaving the modding community so this may have too work without the Awesome that is Combat Realism.

JackeryFox

Quote from: Mzxs on May 08, 2016, 04:32:35 PM
Oh JackeryFox not sure if your aware but Noimageavailible is leaving the modding community so this may have too work without the Awesome that is Combat Realism.

This mod will always support CR as long as CR works, so hopefully once Alpha 14 comes, someone will update it. As for a non-CR version, I may add in the future thought it will be very dull because vanilla weapons barely have any stats in comparison to CR stats.

JackeryFox

Enjoy the new Gatling gun! Would appreciate if you left feedback regarding any possible re-balancing needed.

dareddevil7

Quote from: JackeryFox on May 09, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
Enjoy the new Gatling gun! Would appreciate if you left feedback regarding any possible re-balancing needed.
Is the Gatling gun a manned turret?

JackeryFox

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 09, 2016, 12:47:17 PM
Quote from: JackeryFox on May 09, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
Is the Gatling gun a manned turret?
Indeed it is! No power required either as it runs on pure elbow grease!

Justas love

This is cause by your mod

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

JackeryFox

Quote from: Justas love on May 10, 2016, 03:41:48 PM
This is cause by your mod

Fix has been released, weapons were missing the new recoil stats that CR's final version had.

crusader2010

Hi! I think there are some bugs related to armor penetration when using weapons from this mod. See attached picture. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

JackeryFox

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 15, 2016, 10:41:32 AM
Hi! I think there are some bugs related to armor penetration when using weapons from this mod. See attached picture. Thanks

I personally haven't encountered this error before but I will look into it and if you would kindly send me your mod load order to help me out as it might be a mod load order problem.

Melius

Your mod look very promising, looking forward to all the new stuffs you will add. This mod remind me of Trigun where is western like with some little tech. The tech being from vanila game.

Do you think it would be possible to remove the vanila weapons from rimworld and only have your. I mean if the enemy have assault rifle or energy weapons, kind of break the western like way of the mod dont you think.

Peaches

Hey cool looking mod!
With the developer of CR not going to make new versions of his mod after A13, are you going to make a different version of the mod that will not require CR?

CoolCat213