[A13] Rimworld Westernization Project (v1.82) (9.5.2016)

Started by JackeryFox, May 04, 2016, 03:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackeryFox

Description:
This is a little mod that I've mainly intended to create for personal use but eventually decided to release it for public use. This mod currently brings 17 new guns, 1 turret and 6 new ammo variants (mainly sticking to weapons from between the years 1800 and 1920 though some ammo variants will be slightly more modern to keep most of the guns balanced which is why sometimes you will see guns converted to a different caliber receiver that historically never was made.

More items are planned to be added in the future as the mod evolves such as more heavy weaponry (early machine guns, cannons), different types of apparels mainly being various bandoliers, bags and pouches. Most guns were balanced as close to their real-life counter-parts as possible and every weapon comes with it's own custom sound (note that some sounds that are not so good currently will be replaced in the future as it is hard to find and edit proper sounds from such vintage weapons.)

Important disclaimer, this mod REQUIRES both Combat Realism and Combat Realism Defence to be installed as well as this is based off it's main framework.
Content
Revolvers:

• Colt Frontier Six-Shooter
  • Colt New Service
  • Colt Peacemaker
  • Colt Buntline
  • Type 26
Pistols:

• Webley-Mars
Rifles:

• 1870 Henry Rifle
  • Sharps Model 1863 Carbine
  • Sharps Model 1874
  • Marlin Model 1894C
  • Vetterli, Modell 1878
  • Winchester 1873
  • Winchester 1876
Shotguns:

• Coach Gun
  • Sawn-Off Coach Gun
  • Three Crowns
Ammo:

• .44-40 Winchester
  • .44 Henry
  • .45-70 Government
  • .50-90 Sharps
  • .357 Magnum
  • .30-40 Army
Heavy Weaponry:

• 1865 Gatling Gun

Additional information
Big THANK YOU to Mzxs for making a new logo for the mod!
Make sure to leave any feedback below including requests if you are interested in seeing a vintage gun to be included in the collection (try to keep it between the years 1920-1800).
Also a big shout-out to NoImageAvailible who made the wonderful Combat Realism overhaul mod that makes Rimworld's combat system a lot more interesting and action packed! You can find his mod here.

Mod Team
JackeryFox
&
Stinkycat752 who assisted with his amazing art skills and drew 5 of the weapon sprites.
License:

Rimworld Westernization Project by JackeryFox is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Download
RWP Version 1.83

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Make sure to activate this mod after Combat Realism in the in-game Mod Menu. (And after Rimfire and/or Skullywag's Medieval Shields mod.)
- Currently you can freely update the mod without having to worry about having to restart with a new colony.
Changelogs:

- Fixed errors related to recoil y,x.
- Added 1 new pistol: Webley-Mars (Mars Automatic Pistol)
- Added 1 new revolver: Type 26
- Added 1 new shotgun: Sawn-Off Coach Gun
- Added 1 new ammo type: .30-40 Army
- Added 1 new turret: 1865 Gatling Gun
- Added 2 new shotguns: Coach Gun and The Three Crowns (triple barrel coach gun from The Order 1886)
- Added 1 revolver: Colt Buntline.
  - Minor code cleanup and added support for Rimfire's MCM gun menu and Skullywag's Medieval Shields mod.
  - Initial Release

TechnologicApe

Ghostchanter

I would love a version without combat realism needed - or at least the ammo system removed. I know its how things were but I just don't enjoy having to mess about with ammo in my rimworld games :(

lost_RD

Looks great! If the game doesn't already add horses (I've never seen any), you should add them. Also, feed troughs for them. Also, wooden saloon doors.

Madpizzaboy

freaking loves the mod dude, keep it up! btw wheres the double barrel shotgun ?

dareddevil7

this'll need to be checked for compatibility with the new version

JackeryFox

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 08, 2016, 12:12:35 AM
this'll need to be checked for compatibility with the new version
Added the Coach Gun along with the Three Crowns (Triple barrel variant of the coach gun from The Order 1886).
Expect a sawed-off shotgun soon!

Mzxs

Hey I made this for the mod because i like it so much.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

JackeryFox

Quote from: Mzxs on May 08, 2016, 11:08:23 AM
Hey I made this for the mod because i like it so much.

Oh man, that is awesome! I'm glad you like the mod and many thanks for supporting the mod with your art, I'll make sure to feature that in the main post!

Mzxs

your welcome, just hope the mode continues in development.

kimx1636

Can we get a patch for Combat Realism? :D This seems like a pretty damn awesome mod!

Mzxs

Quote from: kimx1636 on May 08, 2016, 12:58:07 PM
Can we get a patch for Combat Realism? :D This seems like a pretty damn awesome mod!
What do you Mean by patch for Combat Realism?

dareddevil7

The mod states that is is based off combat realism, it doesn't need a patch

Mzxs

Quote from: dareddevil7 on May 08, 2016, 01:34:06 PM
The mod states that is is based off combat realism, it doesn't need a patch
Ya that's what confused me.