New idea for a mod

Started by Freakycrafter, May 05, 2016, 06:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freakycrafter

I have an idea for a new mod which would basically revamp rimworld:
Basically after you have a big colony (with ~15+ colonists or so and which can easily self sustain itself(which it would be if there would be enough food for the last days and only a miniscule amount of people died at the last raid)) it would turn into a more strategic-ish game.
So after you'd have one big colony it would put you (if you want to) back into the world screen which you have at the start when selecting the crash site and you could give your colony orders, e.g. to train people/gather resources etc. and you could also send people to colonize other parts of the world or attack them, meaning that the factions would have a major overhaul aswell.
You are able to instantly switch to the "normal" perspective of any colony at any time, meaning that they also build things while you're in the world view.
To make this a lot less cpu intensive it wouldn't have the normal time scheme but you'd skip whole days when giving orders and stuff.
I MIGHT make this mod myself sometime (if I can make me to and after I finished basic programming) but eyeryone can use this idea (even if I've already made this mod).

blazecreek

Quote from: Freakycrafter on May 05, 2016, 06:15:26 PM
Basically after you have a big colony (with ~15+ colonists or so and which can easily self sustain itself(which it would be if there would be enough food for the last days and only a miniscule amount of people died at the last raid)) it would turn into a more strategic-ish game.
So after you'd have one big colony it would put you (if you want to) back into the world screen which you have at the start when selecting the crash site and you could give your colony orders, e.g. to train people/gather resources etc. and you could also send people to colonize other parts of the world or attack them, meaning that the factions would have a major overhaul aswell.
You are able to instantly switch to the "normal" perspective of any colony at any time, meaning that they also build things while you're in the world view.
To make this a lot less cpu intensive it wouldn't have the normal time scheme but you'd skip whole days when giving orders and stuff.
I MIGHT make this mod myself sometime (if I can make me to and after I finished basic programming) but eyeryone can use this idea (even if I've already made this mod).

yeah about what you are asking for... i have never seen anyone even try and make this. due to how hard it will be.

if you have any other ideas post them here. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19820.0

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Freakycrafter

Quote from: blazecreek on May 05, 2016, 07:05:23 PM

yeah about what you are asking for... i have never seen anyone even try and make this. due to how hard it will be.

if you have any other ideas post them here. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19820.0

Well i already knew that it would be hard to make but maybe this could be like a project multiple people work on like e.g. with github or that atleast parts of it get made, e.g. only the "world combat" or how you want to call it.

blazecreek

Quote from: Freakycrafter on May 05, 2016, 07:38:50 PM
Quote from: blazecreek on May 05, 2016, 07:05:23 PM

Well i already knew that it would be hard to make but maybe this could be like a project multiple people work on like e.g. with github or that atleast parts of it get made, e.g. only the "world combat" or how you want to call it.

well. i'd try and make it my self but i all ready have quite a bit on my plate. if you do try and make it you're self give me a shout and if i have free time i can all ways help out.

Toggle

I'm gonna be honest here: Unless you do this yourself, this has practically no chance to happen.

What you're talking about would be a massive, friggin massive mod, and would be changing a whole part of the game. You could try, but you might not be even able to do it yourself without days/months of work. And with it being in alpha and updated, you would have to update all the work whenever a new alpha comes out.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.