[A13] Scheduled Caravans with Supply & Demand

Started by Kaizyn, May 08, 2016, 08:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghizmo

Could it be made so that any caravan visiting gathers around gather spots?
They would gather around the tables, or campfires that are inside the base.

Justas love

Quote from: Ghizmo on June 03, 2016, 07:32:03 AM
Then you can trap the caravan inside your base and starve them to death

Ghizmo

Well, that is not what I would do. It would also mean my own colonists would be trapped from getting in or out of the gathering spot.

Right now Im destroying all the stuff they drop when they die from the cold. But some stuff like stone blocks, steel, plasteel, etc, can't be destroyed.
Hell, I had a group of commandos drop on me cos a few muffalos full with stuff died to a toxic fall out. I didn't even have SMGs yet. Let alone turrets or anything to counter these guys with.

Nanao-kun

Don't forget that cheesing caravans can easily inflate your wealth, especially with mods. Once ended up with about 50 or more times my original wealth and quickly died the following raid.

Mechanoid Hivemind

So how do i access the scheduling? VIA coms? And how do i tell if its working right ive had 2 come and haven't noticed a difference in pricing or goods
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on June 12, 2016, 11:57:02 AM
So how do i access the scheduling? VIA coms? And how do i tell if its working right ive had 2 come and haven't noticed a difference in pricing or goods

Build a caravan scheduler from the miscellaneous menu. Pick a pawn and right click on it to set up the caravans.

Warforyou

There is a little bug that happens when relations with one of the factions you are trading with break down. You still have their caravan scheduled and you just can't change this option. When the time comes, a hostile caravan spawns and then just leaves the map immediately. And sometimes some of them hostile traders just dies in place for no reason (or guess they just accidentally shoot at each other).

Seikikai

I've Been Having A Problem With The Caravan Manager. Every Time I Try To Open The GUI Nothing Happens And Debug Log Show This Report:

Exception filling window for Verse.FloatMenuMap: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGrid.Get (IntVec2 sq) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TRCaravans.Goods_Generator.MakeFactionGoods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TRCaravans.FactionTradeInfo.PreOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.WindowStack.Add (Verse.Window window) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TRCaravans.TRC_TradePost+<>c.<GetFloatMenuOptions>b__4_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.FloatMenuOption.Chosen (Boolean colonistOrdering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.FloatMenu.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.FloatMenuMap.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey20A.<>m__14F (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Also Would Like To Know More About This :)

Quote from: Thorbane on June 02, 2016, 09:21:19 PM
Hey, I've noticed that traders spawned by this mod never bring or trade in animals.  Is this intended?  It seems like they should bring animals from wherever they are living, and at least outlanders should occasionally bring domestic farm animals.

prongssage

Is a Alpha 14 update coming out and will you be adding this to steam workshop? Love the mod

123mind123

123nick

Quote from: Justas love on June 04, 2016, 06:13:17 AM
Quote from: Ghizmo on June 03, 2016, 07:32:03 AM
Then you can trap the caravan inside your base and starve them to death

this doesent happen any more. i tried having my doors locked soo a bunch of raging muffalo would be kept out, but then the people inside , after wanting too leave for so long, became hostile.

123mind123

Hey Kaizyn. Tell us. Are you going to bring this mod to 14? Now that we can play as a tribal village its more important that ever!

Kaizyn

Hey - actually I didn't think anyone was really using this, and I've been hit with big projects on my actual job-job, so haven't taken the time to get this updated.

Given how fast people updated other mods for A14, I'm guessing this should be easy enough.   There are still other tweaks I'd like to make. 

I actually started playing A14 a bit to get a feel for it, and I was already shaking my fist after the first 2 or 3 caravans I got would buy nothing I had, so I couldn't pick up anything they had either, and then I went forever without another caravan ... so I want to get this mod running again soon, heh heh.

Not sure if I'll get the chance to update it quickly, unless I can just more or less recompile it and hope for the best.   My biggest fear is that I took the vanilla caravan generation code and rewrote it to handle the new caravan goods, and if that changed significantly in vanilla, I may get hit with some weird quirks.

I'll shoot for the weekend to get it recompiled and running without exploding at least.   Then I need to make sure the compatibility I worked on before for things like Expanded Prosthetics and Aparello, Combat Realism, etc still work (hopefully they will work as-is, but if any of them had to change some things they do, I may need to change it myself) ...

Thanks for the interest!   I haven't vanished, so this will get refurbished to A14 Soontm

PaoLorenz

YES !!!
I so neeed this mod !!!
: )
Thank you for the effort, whenever you manage to actually make it !