[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

Peppsen

Actually inside the "Traits-Experimental 1.2" folder there's another folder called "Traits". This results in RimWorld not finding the defs in the mod, so you need to make sure not to put an extra folder in your mod folder, easy fix though lol.

Galvenox

Quote from: TheFlameTouched on May 24, 2016, 02:00:58 PM
Quote from: Galvenox on May 24, 2016, 01:58:02 PM
installed the mod, started a new game but no new traits appear when I'm randomizing colonists. do they appear only on new people in-game?

They should be appearing on all colonists, including starting ones. Check that you've installed it correctly, with it being Mods>Trait Pack>About and Defs.

Aside from that, I don't want to insult you by suggesting you forgot to activate it c:

problem solved, thanks. unpacked the zip file right into mods folder, what resulted in that mod being in another folder named Traits-Experimental 1.2. thanks again, now I can dive right in and enjoy this amazing stuff.

Sh4d0w225

I am trying to download the newest version, however for some reason it says that the file can not be found. Anyone else having similar problems?

TheFlameTouched

Quote from: Sh4d0w225 on May 24, 2016, 02:47:39 PM
I am trying to download the newest version, however for some reason it says that the file can not be found. Anyone else having similar problems?

You just happen to be the unlucky guy who tried as I was switching the file links :P Try again now.

PeterPredictable

So... I don't get any new traits when starting a new colony...? Even tried making a new world.
Mods: CCL, CR+D, More Traits, Target Practice, Fences and Medical Training in that loading order.

joaonunes

Quote from: PeterPredictable on May 25, 2016, 08:40:02 AM
So... I don't get any new traits when starting a new colony...? Even tried making a new world.
Mods: CCL, CR+D, More Traits, Target Practice, Fences and Medical Training in that loading order.

Check if the folder hierarchy is Rimworldxxxx/Mods/Trait Pack- 1.2/About

Try to spawn a few pawns with the development tool, if the mod is installed correctly in 10 pawns about half of them should already have at least one new trait
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

PeterPredictable

I initially tried with the experimental one. Turns out that one just simply doesn't work, cause it works with the normal More Traits. Nevermind!

joaonunes

Well, its called experimental for a reason xD

PeterPredictable

The reason being it doesn't work?

joaonunes

There might be some errors or unbalanced stuff in there. In this case it looks like there was something that made it not work

TheFlameTouched

The experimental one is packed with an extra folder, so just make sure you placed it properly. It should be Mods>Traits>traitdefs and about. Not Mods>traits experimental>traits>traitsdef and about. It should be working fine cause that's the source code for the non experimental pack.

joaonunes

Any more traits being cooked up? :) If I have a strike of imagination I might come up with more traits xD

TheFlameTouched

Metahuman traits :p but its all very hush hush ;)

MagicItalian

I have been enjoying this mod quite a bit but I think I have encountered a bug. I`m not certain if it is due to using EPOE (Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering), but I have a RimWorlder colonist who is has a mood debuff due to the removal of a colonist`s organs and due to the removal of a colonist`s organs until death. The colonist with this trait did not preform the surgery. Based on the trait`s description I would think the colonist would be unaffected or even laugh at this rather than being sad. If this has already been reported I am sorry but I only did a light skim of the previous comments.

Peppsen

This isn't really a bug, he just haven't changed that thought. This would be more of a suggestion and it's a good one. It can easily be changed.