[A13] Ocean Biome Ecosystem (v2.6.3 / 26.05.2016) )

Started by bigmap, May 14, 2016, 06:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmap

Ocean Biome Ecosystem

My English is not good.use machine translation language,sorry!!

Description:
Now the colonists could choose to land in the ocean and settle down on the island.

Terrain: Deep water (impassable), Shallow water, Sea water (impassable), Sand, Beach(after the ebb) and Pilings (built on sea water).

Plant: Giant palm, Coconut trees, Pincushion cactus, Algae (only in shallow water).

Animal:Tortoise, Capybara, Crab, Fish (only in shallow water).

Resources: Coconut (coconut tree harvest), Slgae (Harvest algae), Sand (sand collector), Fertilizer (fertilizer generator).

Pillar:
  Can be built in sea water. Cannot be removed once built, please plan a good route in advance. Made from stone blocks with stonecutter's table.

Sea Sand Pump:
  Can only be built in sea water or on pilings. Will create a 5*5 sand area around itself. Requires research to unlock.

Sea Sand collector:
  Placed in sea water regions and automatically collect sea sand. Sea sand can be put into electric smelter and fired into sandstone blocks. Requires research to unlock.

Tidal Generator:
  It is necessary to research  to unlock.

Fertilizer Production Machine:
  Use plants to produce fertilizer. Fertilizer can change sand terrain into soil.

Research:
  Ocean Engineering (Requires Stonecutting), BO-Sea sand pump, BO-Sea Sand Collector, BO-Tide Generator and BO-Fertilizer Production.

Events:
  Tidal events: 2 days after the beginning of the game, the first ebb tide event will happen. All sea water area will turn into passable beach. Ebb time continues for 4 days. A tide cycle is 40 days long.
  After the tide has fallen, resources like plasteel, steel, and gold may be found on the beach.

How to change the tidal parameters:
  Open the Configuration.xml  in RimWorld1135Win\Mods\Biome-Ocean\Defs\ConfigurationDefs directory.
You can manually modify the parameters to create your own tidal event settings – activate/deactivate the tidal events, change the tide cycle, quantity of the resources found on the beach, and whether creatures can be drowned in the rising tide.
How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Need to build a new world and a new colony.

Compatibility:
  If you have "Vegetable Garden" mod installed, make sure this mod is activated after the Vegetable Garden to prevent possible issues.

Thanks to:
  Topp2000, Feng's QiLing(风之起灵) provided textures for the mod. 你们都是基佬吧 provided technical support. FlorenceTWA provided English support.

Changelog:

(Version v2.6.3)
-Sea Sand Pump : Increase efficiency,can minify.
-Pillar : Reduce material consumption, increase product.

(Version v2.6.2)
-BugFix some bug.

(Version v2.6.1)
-Revise English vocabulary,Thanks for FlorenceTWA's help.
-Adjustment of algae maturity.

(Version v2.6)
-BugFix : The tide will not destroy the Blueprint and Frame.
-Adjustment : The first tide after 2 days、The duration of the tide is 40 days、The duration of the ebb is 4 days.

Download:
Caution: To use the new functions the start of a new colony is eventually required.
Dropbox:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5onaseixdiz3rpq/AAC6YJxcC0rPPxCYGsp-8RYia?dl=0
BaiduYun:  http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dE0BDrN

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Jakub k.

Headshotkill

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 14, 2016, 06:46:07 AM
i feel like myspace when facebook was created

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18879.msg206284#msg206284

lol

That must suck, feel the bern! ;)

Oh well, your effort will be apreciated.  :D

juexingdehuitailang

Splendid!The game will be more fantastic and interesting after adding this mod...it also gives us more choices

MarineStardust

do you have to land on ocean or can you pick any biome and still use all the stuff from the mod

Jakub k.

Quote from: MarineStardust on May 14, 2016, 05:35:54 PM
do you have to land on ocean or can you pick any biome and still use all the stuff from the mod
pretty obvious answer.why would the mod be limited? it'll take more time to actually restrict where the mod is supposed to be used

IshOfTheWoods

This looks really cool. Do the tides work for coastal non-ocean-biome tiles?

Keep up the good work!

shirlierox

I've been having a play of this today and enjoying it but.

How do you actually get the fertilizer production machine to build any fertilizer.

I've built it and it just says no resources available nearby.

I thought I'd need to add plants to it to make fertilizer but I don't seem to have a add bill option.

bigmap

Quote from: shirlierox on May 14, 2016, 07:38:15 PM
I've been having a play of this today and enjoying it but.

How do you actually get the fertilizer production machine to build any fertilizer.

I've built it and it just says no resources available nearby.

I thought I'd need to add plants to it to make fertilizer but I don't seem to have a add bill option.

Similar to nutrient paste dispenser,Automatic production。

bigmap

Quote from: MarineStardust on May 14, 2016, 05:35:54 PM
Current only land on ocean use all the stuff ,but Fertilizer production machine can use at any biome.

bigmap

Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on May 14, 2016, 06:26:47 PM
This looks really cool. Do the tides work for coastal non-ocean-biome tiles?

Keep up the good work!
thanks,tides work only ocean-biome .

shirlierox

Ah brilliant I didn't realise you needed a hopper.  I was builiding it everywhere to try and get it to work haha.

duduluu

RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website