[A13] RightTools

Started by shadwar, May 28, 2016, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadwar

No more colonists micro-control for tools for jobs.

Auto equipment right tools from inventory for Mining, Building, Farming.

Requirements:
CCL
Combar Realism

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Jakub k.

can you elaborate on this?

joaonunes

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 28, 2016, 07:51:17 PM

So this is like Right Tools For The Job but the tool is selected automatically from the tools on the pawn's backpack? If yes, that sounds great and will intall it tomorrow morning :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

shadwar

Quote from: joaonunes on May 28, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

So this is like Right Tools For The Job but the tool is selected automatically from the tools on the pawn's backpack? If yes, that sounds great and will intall it tomorrow morning :D
Yes.
If your colonist have some tools in inventory, he will equip right tool for current work.

So, I don't create them, your game must have them. (Don't know, if they exists in Vanilla, cause don't play vanilla a long time)

joaonunes

Quote from: shadwar on May 29, 2016, 04:47:26 AM
Quote from: joaonunes on May 28, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

Yes.
If your colonist have some tools in inventory, he will equip right tool for current work.

So, I don't create them, your game must have them. (Don't know, if they exists in Vanilla, cause don't play vanilla a long time)

So "right tool for the job" is also a requirement? Since you dont add the tools :P

Ghizmo

But the tools from righttoolforthejob aren't inventory items. They are primary. Only a toolbelt goes into the colonists inventory.

joaonunes

Quote from: Ghizmo on May 29, 2016, 06:00:34 AM
But the tools from righttoolforthejob aren't inventory items. They are primary. Only a toolbelt goes into the colonists inventory.

With CR it should be possible to have it in the inventory if you pick it up instead of equipping, just like when your weapon has no ammo or when you holster your weapon

Ghizmo

oh right, I guess so. :) I dont have CR in use atm.