[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppsen

P-Music

Description

My goal was to add a variety of OST-like songs to RimWorld.

The songs are made by me just for RimWorld with the help of FL Studio.

Here is my playlist for the latest version
Soundcloud

You can now also support me by listening to/buying my album on your music streaming service of choice!

Spotify

Changelog

18/08/20
- Updated to 1.2 and added United.

26/02/20
- Updated to 1.1 and added 3 new songs. Protect Our Home, Strange Feeling and Bright Side of Life.

19/06/19
- Been playing some RimWorld lately, I like creating a big ranch! That's why I created Muffalo dedicated to my animals.

25/05/19
- 3 Year Anniversary Update! Added Blue and Final Stand.

23/10/18
- Updated to latest version. Added my last song, Back to Work.

22/09/18
- Updated to latest version.

10/08/18
- Updated to latest version. Added Rimmas, Serene Night, Fair Glade and Lone Hunter.

18/11/17
- Updated to B18 and added Carry On.
- Changed all files from mp3. to ogg. to hopefully decrease the amount of problems people were having with the mod.

27/06/17
- Updated to A17 and added Move.

21/12/16
- Updated to A16 and added Trust Me. Removed Astral.

01/11/16
- Added Zhentars Music Memory Fix. Game should now use less memory and work fine with other mods.
- Added Astral.

10/10/16
- Update to same version that's on Steam.
- That includes three new songs. Alive, One Can Dream To Fly and Code Red.

31/8/16
- Update to A15.
- Added Tough Life, Far Away and Rimraid.

17/7/16
- Update to A14.
- Added Rise by me and SpacekatTommy's RimWorld song.

13/7/16
- Added Never Forgotten.

20/6/16
- Added Long Way Home.
- Edited the drums in both Lovely Day and Stay Strong.

7/6/16
- Added Stay Strong.

31/5/16
- Initial release featuring Lovely Day.

Author
Peppsen
SpacekatTommy
HolyWinter for the idea, thanks
Please don't check out my soundcloud.
But please do check out SpacekatTommy

Download
P-Music (latest version)
All versions

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

You do not need to make a new colony or world

License
Feel free to use and include in modpacks.

OrbitalSP3

Nice music. I may compose some too, and maybe we might join forces in the mod ;)

Clibanarius

Someone needs to just make it so you can import music into the game directly. I can think of a few soundtracks that belong in this game: Starcraft 1 and 2's Terran tracks, Rebel Galaxy, at least those 3.

Mightyrick1

That sounds pretty good! Have you ever experienced any copyright issues on YouTube? If not, I might be tempted to use it in my next LP in A14.
Amateur modder / YT LPer at www.tiny.cc/DDYoutube
mods : Elysian Flags - Mscarsonelle's theme

Peppsen

Quote from: Mightyrick1 on May 31, 2016, 10:38:02 AM
Have you ever experienced any copyright issues on YouTube?

Well, there shouldn't be since I made this song myself yesterday and only shared it on these forums. haha :D

Mightyrick1

YouTube is a miraculous place where third party companies will sometimes lay claim to original music videos and monetize them because the system is horribly broken. I hope this doesn't end up happening to your song.

Peppsen

If you don't have 1 million views+ per episode I think you'll be fine :D

Mightyrick1

God I wish I could be so naive about the copyright system on YouTube :P
On a more serious note : I'd love to know if anyone confirms any trouble with the automated copyright crap, otherwise I'll see for myself when A14 hits

Zakhad

This seems like a cross between stardew valley and rimworld, its really good.

milon

Peppsen

I added a new song, please don't hesitate to write what you think of it!
The song would fit best (imo) right after a raid, but I don't know how to code that.. so right now it can play at any time (not during a raid though)

Mightyrick1

Unfortunately you cannot be so precise with your mod, you can toggle it to play during the day, night, during raids or on the main menu, but not just after a raid ended

HolyWinter

Quote from: Peppsen on June 07, 2016, 01:36:36 PM
I added a new song, please don't hesitate to write what you think of it!
The song would fit best (imo) right after a raid, but I don't know how to code that.. so right now it can play at any time (not during a raid though)

Another great addition!
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

milon

Awesome song!  ;D

And I didn't check out your soundcloud.  And it's not awesome at all.  ;)

Quote from: Peppsen on May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM
Figure out how to specify when songs are played
e.g. how to play a song after a raid is over(Stay strong) or when you land(Lovely day)

I'm not sure how to call a song after a raid, but a daytime song is easy enough.  Here's a sample of a daytime song defined in RimWorld1135Win\Mods\Core\Defs\SongDefs\Songs_Gameplay.xml

Code ("Daytime music definition") Select

<SongDef>
<clipPath>Songs/Relax/Noodles_Planetfall/Noodle_Planetfall_a</clipPath>
<volume>0.65</volume>
<allowedTimeOfDay>Day</allowedTimeOfDay>
</SongDef>

Also, see my signature for an A13 XML Auto-Documentation link, which may or may not be useful.

Here's a breakdown of the <SongDef> tag elements as used in A13 vanilla:

<defName> - Optional.  The game's internal name for this song.  Must be unique.  Used to be able to play this specific song.  If not specified, it can't be called explicitly but the game will use it randomly as appropriate.

<commonality> - Optional.  I assume it defines how common/often a given song is played.  It's a decimal number.  Used only once in the vanilla code for the Ice_Shaman track (value is 2.0).  Not sure exactly how it works.  The Ice_Shaman SongDef is unchanged since A12.  This tag is either very specific in its use (which is my guess) or else it just got forgotten about.

<volume> - Optional.  Song volume as a decimal.  Decimal number, between 0.0 (silent) and 1.0 (full volume).  If not specified, 1.0 (full volume) is assumed.

<playOnMap> - Optional.  It's a true/false value that specifies if the song should be played on the game map.  Assumed to be true if not specified.  In Vanilla, it is only used to designate 2 songs as <playOnMap>false</playOnMap> - the EntrySong when you load RimWorld, and the EndCreditsSong if you beat it.

<clipPath> - Required.  Tells RimWorld where the song file is.  Relative to the mod's path.  Obviously you've already mastered this one!

<allowedTimeOfDay> - Optional.  If absent, the song can play during both day and night.  If present, it must be either Day or Night (self-explanatory).

<allowedSeasons> - Optional.  Specifies what Seasons the song may play during.  Contains a list of <li>SeasonName</li> elements.  Only used once in Vanilla - the Ice_Shaman song of course - as follows:
<SongDef>
<clipPath>Songs/Relax/Ice_Shaman</clipPath>
<volume>0.97</volume>
<commonality>2.0</commonality>
<allowedSeasons>
<li>Winter</li>
</allowedSeasons>
</SongDef>

I assume multiple seasons could be used by adding more <li></li> blocks.  Which would mean you could specify 2 or 3 seasons a song is only allowed in.

<tense> - Optional.  If omitted (or false, I assume), it plays only during normal gameplay.  If true, then it plays only during "tense" moments (raids, etc).

I suspect that being able to call a song after a Tense event has concluded would require C# modding, which is beyond me.

=================

EDIT - So I guess I can't read today.  I thought you said "or during day" not "or when you land".  Sometimes I'm special like that.  ^_^  Oh well, I'm going to leave this post in case it's useful.  Or funny.  ;)

Peppsen

I didn't actually know all these tag elements, so thank you!
Glad you like it :D