[A15/A14/A13] Aristocat's mods

Started by Aristocat, June 10, 2016, 04:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristocat

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 23, 2016, 02:51:12 PM
It looks pretty cool from the main post! I'll play with it sometime in the future, I've been pretty busy lately  :)

EDIT: I haven't released the version of BrainMod you're using, since I'm still working on updating it. The version you have should work just fine, but you should probably add it to the download instead of directing people to my thread, since they will be downloading a version that doesn't work with the new traits you added.

Oops, you're right, fixed!

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 23, 2016, 02:51:12 PM
Quote from: Exende on June 17, 2016, 03:09:44 PM
I don't know panda, that sounds like an infinitely more awesome idea

Maybe in the future. I might also just do it and contribute it to the Education mod

Integrating education mod into AdditionalJoyObjects would be better since it already has papers and everything.

Ghizmo

Do I get this right that this medical overhaul replaces EPOE and the animal add on? + adds more stuff?

Aristocat

Quote from: Ghizmo on June 24, 2016, 03:32:08 AM
Do I get this right that this medical overhaul replaces EPOE and the animal add on? + adds more stuff?

Yes, it's mod pack with more stuff.

New features including :

Repairable fingers and toes.
Curable muscle parasites and gut worms.
All chronic diseases require glitterworld medicine.
New operation to put patient into anesthesia for about three days; force patient into rest, remove pain and increase immunity gaining speed.
Craftable brain mods and neurotrainers.
Craftable medicine including glitterworld.
Craftable animal prosthetics.
All workbenches from EPOE mod merged into one, unlocks new recipe through research.
Surgeries for animal(Repairable paws, tail, etc.).
Price adjustments.
Small tweaks.
Things I forgot.

Snownova

Quote from: Aristocat on June 24, 2016, 05:23:01 AM
New operation to put patient into anesthesia for about three days; force patient into rest, remove pain and increase immunity gaining speed.

Any chance you could rename this operation from "Inject medicine" to "Sedate" or "induce coma", I had no idea what it was and when I tried it I started to panic when the pawn hadn't woken up after a day.

Ghizmo

Ooeehh nice.

Does your mod also allow adding bionics feet/hands to bionic legs/arms?

Aristocat

Quote from: Snownova on June 24, 2016, 08:23:31 AM
Quote from: Aristocat on June 24, 2016, 05:23:01 AM

Any chance you could rename this operation from "Inject medicine" to "Sedate" or "induce coma", I had no idea what it was and when I tried it I started to panic when the pawn hadn't woken up after a day.

Sorry English is my second language. I didn't even know word sedate haha.

I found it one of most useful feature in my mod. Someone is about to throw a fit? Go to sleep. Someone decided to play chess instead of rest  and is dying from infection? Go to sleep.

Quote from: Ghizmo on June 24, 2016, 08:59:10 AM
Does your mod also allow adding bionics feet/hands to bionic legs/arms?

Nope. I think that's redundant.

Ghizmo

Well, colonists can't wear rings without hands. You know? With the rings that give skill improvements.

Atleast I would like for a colonist to have normal legs and arms with feet and hands. Even if it is just for being able to fit boots & rings or it being aesthetically pleasing to my own thinking hahah. :P I think the added bonusses from the additional bionics would be nice too. :)

If you don't want to add it to your mod is fine with me, but could you then tell me how to do this myself?

Aristocat

Quote from: Ghizmo on June 24, 2016, 02:24:23 PM
Well, colonists can't wear rings without hands. You know? With the rings that give skill improvements.

Atleast I would like for a colonist to have normal legs and arms with feet and hands. Even if it is just for being able to fit boots & rings or it being aesthetically pleasing to my own thinking hahah. :P I think the added bonusses from the additional bionics would be nice too. :)

If you don't want to add it to your mod is fine with me, but could you then tell me how to do this myself?

InstallArtificialBodyPart seems remove every body parts that's under them(so adding bionic torso replace arms and legs, etc.).

Add this file on RecipeDefs. I haven't tested it however.

Edit : I forgot to save it as xml, try new version.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Ghizmo

:)
I've tried two approaches to my existing savegame.

thx Aristocat,

I made a backup of the original Recipes_BionicProsthetics.xml file and saved your file as the new one. - I didn't think this would work because of the difference in content between the two files.
I also tried just adding your file as an .xml - unfortunatly that did not allow me to add a bionic foot or hand to colonists who already had the arms or legs.

So I thought, why don't these parts show up in the first place?
Could it be that the parts don't know to which other part these can be connected?

In the xml files it says:
<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<li>LeftHand</li>
<li>RightHand</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>

Shouldn't there be the bionic arm in that list for example?
Or does the above mean that the fixedbodypart gets replaced with the bionic part.

Edit: A different way could be for the arm & leg recipes to have the feet and hands already attached to them and defined as such as well?

Aristocat

Quote from: Ghizmo on June 25, 2016, 06:26:00 AM
:)
I've tried two approaches to my existing savegame.

thx Aristocat,

I made a backup of the original Recipes_BionicProsthetics.xml file and saved your file as the new one. - I didn't think this would work because of the difference in content between the two files.
I also tried just adding your file as an .xml - unfortunatly that did not allow me to add a bionic foot or hand to colonists who already had the arms or legs.

So I thought, why don't these parts show up in the first place?
Could it be that the parts don't know to which other part these can be connected?

In the xml files it says:
<appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
<li>LeftHand</li>
<li>RightHand</li>
</appliedOnFixedBodyParts>

Shouldn't there be the bionic arm in that list for example?
Or does the above mean that the fixedbodypart gets replaced with the bionic part.

Edit: A different way could be for the arm & leg recipes to have the feet and hands already attached to them and defined as such as well?

Done :)

Ghizmo

LustrousWolf

I researched Glitterworld Medicine and only medicine popped up in the medical workbench and it says I can make the medicine but has the required matierals for the glitterworld medicine I assume? Is anyone else having this problem? Should I post the mods I am using with this? (I am only using medical complication from your mods btw) https://gyazo.com/9b9a8af86e4f41a97069f97f003ac065

DepOpt

Would you by any chance have this as a .zip anywhere? I'm borrowing a computer (mac) during a long visit and can't install an extractor. I'm wondering if the archive conversions I've tried online may somehow be causing the mod to fail, and I'd like to check that before reporting a bug.

If there is a bug, it's either a fairly large one, or a massive derp on my part somewhere.
Ignore this notice

Arretu

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 28, 2016, 02:10:58 PM
I researched Glitterworld Medicine and only medicine popped up in the medical workbench and it says I can make the medicine but has the required matierals for the glitterworld medicine I assume? Is anyone else having this problem? Should I post the mods I am using with this? (I am only using medical complication from your mods btw) https://gyazo.com/9b9a8af86e4f41a97069f97f003ac065

I also had this issue. The problem lies in mods/expandedprosthetics&organengineering/defs/recipedefs/recipe_medicine.xml

I changed it by changing the second recipe in that file from:

<RecipeDef>
      <defName>CreateMedicine</defName>
      <label>make medicine</label>
      <description>Make medicine using healroot, steel and cloth.</description>
      <jobString>making medicine.</jobString>

to    <RecipeDef>
      <defName>CreateMedicine2</defName>
      <label>make Glitterworld medicine</label>
      <description>Make Glitterworld medicine using medicine, plasteel and cloth.</description>
      <jobString>making Glitterworld medicine.</jobString>

Note: this might mess things up if you do the EPOE tables research for more workbenches. As far as I can tell, the issue lies in that in base EPOE, the 2 recipes are on different crafting tables, whereas here they have been condensed into one.

Also, I'd not recommend copy pasting anything in this post, as I don't trust the forums not to have messed with the whitespace somehow >_>

edit: thinking about it, EPOE tables research won't be affected by my change, but will not fix the problem either, as (I assume) it will still be pulling from the same recipes files when you finish the research. I guess the extra workbenches are just cosmetic. I've included the changed xml file as an attachment but I make no claims as to it's functionality. For all I know it could break your game, share your private emails on pastebin, kick your door down and set your dog on fire. No promises.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Ghizmo

The way RimWorld is supposed to be played.  8)