Fire and animals

Started by Wex, June 13, 2016, 10:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

I am going to ask for a modder, a mod that changes the behaviour of animals when in front of fire.
Animals should run away quickly, and not just continue grazing the flaming grass.
Also, predators in real world, steer clear from obviously dangerous preys, like porcupines or poisonous frogs; why do wargs and coguars keep attacking boomrats and boomalopes?
Thanks for your time :)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Toggle

Boomalopes probably don't have enough warning for animals to process. Poisonous frogs are usually brightly coloured, porcupines can scare off prey when they shoot literal needles out of their back.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Wex

Maybe.
Maybe they would learn after the first explosion.
The mod I was asking for, anyway, was one about animals escaping the flames.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Toggle

I know, was responding to 2nd part.

Support for fire mod, although it would work better as being added into main game.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Admiral Obvious

I suppose there could be a new type of animal training called "common sense", only able to be learned by advanced intelligence animals.

That would in turn enable some sort of menu where you can choose from a list of animals acceptable as "prey".

The animal should probably override the training if starving though.