Translations and Steam

Started by Nemh, July 03, 2016, 05:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemh

As I slowly discover world again with my upcoming holidays, I realize that the French translation is pretty late, even regarding the last update (alpha 13), so I'll try to fix this before July 15, to get a less rough version avalaible on Steam on D-day (it may just be me but it seems to me that the image of a semi-translated game is often quite *bad* (all proportions kept), and with the upcoming first Steam reviews, that could be quite problematic in some areas).
But that raised the question of how will the translations be handled with the new Steam integration : will it remain as it is today (i.e. a *release hardcoded* version of the translation) or will it be more "dynamic", meaning the translation could follow the game version more easily (e.g. on the French version I'm actually quite alone (I say this based on the alpha13 progress ^^), and I don't have access to any of the dev-debug-versions, so we are always late of a version, as we aren't enough quick to be ready when the first fixes are released by Tynan, so when the translation's finished, it'll be included only for the next release) ?
Maybe Steam will help by making small updates easier to spread, but that's still quite hard, as we need to sync with a lot of languages, and will involve maybe more communication.

I'm just raising the question, maybe nothing will change in the end, but it seems to me that Steam could help with this process (I think it has some kind of translations built-in service or something like that, but I don't know how it works), and apologize if the question has already been discused elsewhere, but I couldn't find for it with my quick tour of the forum.

Tynan

It'll be the same as now, I'm afraid. Translations updated each release.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ghoosty

Vive GoogleTraduct :p Mais c'est comme un peux PA, la traduction doit s'adapter au mise à jour (comme ce que j'ai fais pour PA) Mais j'aimerai savoir comment avoir les fichiers originaux pour les traduire en Français, en gros fichiers de base en anglais que tu traduis en français, un doublon quoi x)