[1.0]Toxic Fallout Protection Suit[V1.9.3]

Started by Chaia, July 15, 2016, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long do your colonists wear the toxic fallout protection suit?

Always, without dropping it even for in-base works
5 (26.3%)
Most time, with dropping it for time critical tasks
0 (0%)
Some time, only wearing it for outside works
12 (63.2%)
Never, because you forget about it / it's not that useful to you / you don't spend that much time outside
2 (10.5%)
Other (add a comment)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: July 24, 2016, 03:15:47 AM

Veyda

Quote from: Chaia on July 16, 2016, 04:10:15 PM
Any opinions on that guys?

How about combining both and making ToxAway craftable from Xerigium.. err.. Healroot now.. and/or medicine? Plus the glitterworld variant, of course.
Given the direction Tynan is heading right now, everything should be researcheable, but certain advanced cultures (default start being one of them) begin with some (most?) of the research already unlocked..

EDIT: (there is always an edit with me :C ) Toxic Fallout was probably envisioned as an extremely restrictive event.. so whatever you want to come up with should not be so OP that it completely negates it through only a minor loss of resources. I personally think that permanent toxic fallout games should still be very.. very challenging.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Veyda on July 16, 2016, 04:53:28 PM

How about combining both and making ToxAway craftable from Xerigium.. err.. Healroot now.. and/or medicine? Plus the glitterworld variant, of course.
Given the direction Tynan is heading right now, everything should be researcheable, but certain advanced cultures (default start being one of them) begin with some (most?) of the research already unlocked..

EDIT: (there is always an edit with me :C ) Toxic Fallout was probably envisioned as an extremely restrictive event.. so whatever you want to come up with should not be so OP that it completely negates it through only a minor loss of resources. I personally think that permanent toxic fallout games should still be very.. very challenging.

I like the idea of needing to use Healroot. Perhaps making some concentrated Healroot (let it take say 5-10, and once it is concentrated call it Xerigium Tonic) at the brewery and then combining it with a med pack to create the ToxAway or whatever it would be called. This would probably fit in even better while used with the Cave Flora mod, where you could combine Healroot plants with a Mushroom to make the concentrated tonic.

drakulux

I modified this mod for my own use.  I added a heat penalty to each apparel, helmet (-4), jacket (-5), pants (-4).i always play desert biome so I didn't want to succumb to heatstroke so fast.  I think it would be good if the full suit gave u constricting clothing debuff if worn for more than half a day, also it could potentially give an offset to comfort while worn. I prefer the constricting clothing trait idea more though.
I will also be adding synthread or such to its recipe. I would suggest making a mark I and Mark 2 variants with improved heat insulation and improved protection by adding plasteel and synthread.

For the anti toxins I suggest u keep it simple with the 3 variants of varying degrees, so u need more treatments for the lowest one and only 1 treatment for the glitter world variant. The mid one wud need possibly 2 treatments to clear toxin.

For prevention u can also do similar where it protects for x amount of time y% of toxins. Just some ideas, hope it helps. 

Edit thanks for a great mod

hector212121

I have a suggestion! Could you make "Rad. Shields" which act exactly as shields but slowly deplete during toxic fallout while outside?

IndustryStandard

Well heck, I think giving a negative effect like "Uncomfortable -10" would be enough too.

Can someone post an in game screenshot btw.

I like the idea of making power armor resist radiation, I may have to make a mod for that. (Or does PA already do this?)

TheCanadianRaven

Quote from: IndustryStandard on July 17, 2016, 12:19:34 AM
I like the idea of making power armor resist radiation, I may have to make a mod for that. (Or does PA already do this?)

I'd install that mod if you made it.

IndustryStandard

Quote from: TheCanadianRaven on July 17, 2016, 12:23:12 AM

I'd install that mod if you made it.

I would love to, but I feel like it might be out of my skill level, it doesn't sound like simple xml edits. I will take a gander and see if I can though.

Raccoon

I'm currently working on some kind of ToxAway (like fallouts RadAway) which will be an ingestible form of medication to decrease toxic buildup.
Option one:
ToxAway will come in 3 different variants: makeshift (weaker variant with side effects but craftable from the beginning), normal (normal strength with lesser side effects, researchable and then craftable) and the glitterworld variant (best strength, no side effects and only buy-able)
Option two:
ToxAway can be made out of medicine and additional stuff. Also 3 variants: makeshift (made out of herbal medicine, same effects as in option 1), normal variant (made out of normal medicine) and glitterworld variant (made out of glitterworld medicine)

I woud like to make something like "Fallout" with maybe new Animals or maybe a Biome with only ToxicFallout and new Animals? I think the hardest Problem will be the Sprites

Chaia

Quote from: Raccoon on July 17, 2016, 02:20:49 AM
I'm currently working on some kind of ToxAway (like fallouts RadAway) which will be an ingestible form of medication to decrease toxic buildup.
Option one:
ToxAway will come in 3 different variants: makeshift (weaker variant with side effects but craftable from the beginning), normal (normal strength with lesser side effects, researchable and then craftable) and the glitterworld variant (best strength, no side effects and only buy-able)
Option two:
ToxAway can be made out of medicine and additional stuff. Also 3 variants: makeshift (made out of herbal medicine, same effects as in option 1), normal variant (made out of normal medicine) and glitterworld variant (made out of glitterworld medicine)

I woud like to make something like "Fallout" with maybe new Animals or maybe a Biome with only ToxicFallout and new Animals? I think the hardest Problem will be the Sprites

You should totally do that, you may use my toxic protection suit in your pack :-D

Quote from: hector212121 on July 16, 2016, 08:39:29 PM
I have a suggestion! Could you make "Rad. Shields" which act exactly as shields but slowly deplete during toxic fallout while outside?

So like the basic shield which gives a rechargeable but temporary protection against toxic buildup?

Well heck, I think giving a negative effect like "Uncomfortable -10" would be enough too.

Can someone post an in game screenshot btw.

Whats PA? I could add toxin protection do power armor if you mean and want that. Also I would also like some screenshots of you guys using my suit :-)

Quote from: Veyda on July 16, 2016, 04:53:28 PM

How to make it very challenging without breaking game fun? I will have to think about that

Veyda

Quote from: Chaia on July 17, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
How to make it very challenging without breaking game fun? I will have to think about that

Fun or 'fun' (in dwarf terms ;) )? I would say anyone playing a permanent toxic fallout game is looking for the latter.

Chaia

Quote from: Veyda on July 17, 2016, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: Chaia on July 17, 2016, 11:06:17 AM

Fun or 'fun' (in dwarf terms ;) )? I would say anyone playing a permanent toxic fallout game is looking for the latter.

I would go for the real dwarven way, but then I should make toxic fallout harder to work with, instead of going for less boni.

hector212121

Yep, pretty much!

Hell, maybe even have standing shield generators that basically act as roofs without actually having roofs so you can grow plants without sunlamps or anything like that?

IndustryStandard

PA = Power Armor

And yeah if you make a separate mod that makes Power Armor resist radiation I'd snag it.

Chaia

Quote from: IndustryStandard on July 18, 2016, 12:00:35 AM
PA = Power Armor

And yeah if you make a separate mod that makes Power Armor resist radiation I'd snag it.

I could include that as an option for my mod, as CCL allows me to do that

Chaia

Quote from: IndustryStandard on July 18, 2016, 12:00:35 AM
PA = Power Armor

Version 1.2 is out guys!
This will mod the existing vanilla power armor and power armor helmet to give (with a complete set) 55% toxin protection, while not changing any other values so far. Tell me if this is how you wanted it and how I could balance it further. About half immunity against toxic buildup will help a lot, without making the ABC-Suit obsolete.

edit: If anyone wonders why the new version is so much smaller in data size now: I missed an option in visual studio and all the .dlls I used as source were added. This is now fixed ;-)