How to get your Steam Key

Started by milon, July 15, 2016, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawngael

greetings,

I've followed the directions to obtain my Steam key.  I received an email with the download URL but no key.  I waited 10 minutes and tried again as suggested.  I received another email with no key.  I waited tried again and and again received an email with no key :-(  I rather doubt that continuing to try will bring different results.

Please let me know what I need to do to get my key.

Thanks,

Dawn

milon

Due to piracy attempts against Ludeon, Steam keys at this time are not available if you purchased RimWorld from Ludeon on or after July 17.  (The goal is to make them available again to legitimate users once the piracy issue had been solved.)

When did you purchase RimWorld?  If it was on or after July 17, I apologize but you'll have to wait. If it was prior to July 17, email Ludeon support (see 1st post) for help.

shentino

Can I get a steam key after a ludeon purchase if I wait a few months after buying it on ludeon?  There's some versions of it only available on steam and I bought it long enough ago that its no longer vulnerable to fraud.

milon

If you purchased from Ludeon before July 17 2016, yes you are entitled to a Steam key.  See the 1st post.

killer117

hey I followed the steps but I entered the code I got called a steam guard code that appeared in my email into the popup on the steam key page, but now nothings happened. after I entered the code it gave me the option to open steam but I just closed the page because the steam client is already open.  I have gotten no new emails and I got rimworld in alpha 8
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

milon

@killer117, I just saw your post.  You *should* have gotten an email with a Steam key.  Did you get it yet?  If not, try having the system resend it.  If that doesn't work, the next thing to check is your email address - did you purchase Alpha 8 with a different email address?

Please post an update when you can.

VanSinn

Just a quick question.  I can find the original download email from Ludeon in my @live mailbox, but when I try to get a Steam code, ludeon.com won't recognize my email address.

I received the download email on April 4th, 2016.  I emailed [email protected] for help, but have not heard back yet (it's been roughly 6 hours or so).

If I must simply wait for a reply to my email for help, usually how long does it take for ludeon to respond?  Thanks

milon

I'm not certain how long a response is for Ludeon Support.  I'd expect a day or two, depending on how busy that side of things is.  Did you get your issue resolved yet?

Mesk

Ive been having trouble getting my steam key because i dont use a browser to access steam and whenever i do attempt to try i always get login errors. Is there a way to get my key through steam itself? or via email?

nccvoyager

@Mesk,
The only way to get RimWorld via Steam if you bought it via the Ludeon website is to use the automated system.
The system will not give you a key, it will directly add RimWorld to your library.

If you are having difficulty with the system, I would suggest temporarily disabling Steam two-step verification during this process, as I have seen two-step verification cause problems with this type of automated system before.

If you do this, remember to enable two-step verification again afterwards.

I would also suggest temporarily disabling AD-blockers and popup blockers during this process, as they could interfere.

Paticureguy007

Help! i'm pat, and I bought this game a few years back, now it's on steam and the email I used to buy it has been hacked, and I cannot access it, but I would like to get my game! i see no other solution, i'l do anything to prove that I bought the game, please help!

milon

Hi Pat,

Shoot an email to the gmail account listed in the first post of this thread and explain the issue.  They'll get you sorted out.  And let us know when this gets resolved!  :)

Chazy99

Ok so I have an email from SendOwl Downloads telling me that rimworld has been updated. I havent played Rimworld in a while but wanted to start playing it again. The email that I received in December 2016 gives me the link "http://rimworldgame.com/getmygame", but then when I enter my email into the box on the link, it says that no purchases of rimworld have been found. Now I think this is because I changed the email that the game was associated with, but even then, the email that I originally bought the email with, tells me the exact same thing. There was only two possible emails that could have been used and both of them tell me no purchases have been made. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated as I want to play rimworld on steam. Thanks :D

Calahan

@ Chazy99 - The input fields for your email address on that web page are case sensitive, so you will need to be sure that you typed your email exactly the same as it was when you purchased the game (and/or changed your associated email). If you have already made sure of this, or basically still getting an unrecognised email error, then your best option would likely be to send an email to Michael our support expert at [email protected] , and explain your problem to him (I'm pretty sure he'll be able to sort this out for you no problem).

Drorckan

Hi everyone !

I don't know if I am on the correct thread and I am non-english so excuse me if I did a mistake.

My question :
If I buy the DRM-Free version and register it on Steam, will I have full access as a steam version ? Overlay ? Workshop ? ...
I'm sorry if the answer already exist but I don't find it in the forum or in other forum and I don't know how Steam work exactly :(

Thanks for the answer and good day for you !