[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgloz

Quote from: Canute on May 17, 2018, 01:33:16 PM
You should delay it for the final RW release. Sure noone know a release date, but then you could enjoy your current summer free time, and coding at the winter.

I actually enjoy coding, especially if it is without pressure, and between finishing my degree and the always well received paid work, there's no way I can ensure my availability later.
My mods:
RedistHeat

MonkeyDrone

Quote from: Morgloz on May 17, 2018, 02:14:52 PM
Quote from: Canute on May 17, 2018, 01:33:16 PM
You should delay it for the final RW release. Sure noone know a release date, but then you could enjoy your current summer free time, and coding at the winter.

I actually enjoy coding, especially if it is without pressure, and between finishing my degree and the always well received paid work, there's no way I can ensure my availability later.

How goes the work on the rewrite mate?
cheers.

publicuser

shadowstitch

Same here. I never really used the central AC/Ducting part, but the toggle vents, powered vents, and assorted heater/cooler sizes were just great. I'm just now starting to play 1.0 and I miss them terribly.

I tried updating the defs, but it just doesn't work. There's something in the assembly that needs tweaking, and I'm not quite to that point of desperation just yet. Bettervents/Bettercoolers is scratching the itch for now, but it's definitely not the same.

zmadz

I found about a similiar mod that i use while this one isn't updated, dubwise hygiene with radiators or climate control with similiar system

Morgloz

I was out finishing my final degree essay,I'll update the mod within the next couple hours
My mods:
RedistHeat

JesusKreist

Quote from: Morgloz on October 28, 2018, 04:54:54 PM
I was out finishing my final degree essay,I'll update the mod within the next couple hours

Thank you thank you thank you!  ;D

Although I kinda like the radiator heating with warm water dubs hygiene does I thoroughly miss this mod in 1.0.
Mostly for the ability to effortlessly balance heat in rather large bases with superior vents and ducts.

PixelBitZombie

This, the vents are so damn good. I even tried went and tried to fix this mod. Couldn't do it, but I tried. We definitely need this updated, not a big fan of centralized climate.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Morgloz

Ported to 1.0, the steam version is not ready yet, and the github one is not thorougly tested, but I don't want to make you guys wait any longer :)
My mods:
RedistHeat

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Morgloz on October 28, 2018, 08:53:18 PM
Ported to 1.0, the steam version is not ready yet, and the github one is not thorougly tested, but I don't want to make you guys wait any longer :)

My man, thanks dude. I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to this! <3
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

viperwasp

This mod was in my first ever mod pack. For some reason I have not really used it since about A14. Either not updated in time or I missed it. Or it conflicted with another mod. I have no idea the reason. But that was than... this is now. I do like this mod. It's nostalgic to me! Because only my oldest colonies had this! Feels like it's been forever. Thanks for the update.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

moonra

Sweet! It might sound a bit silly but this is truly one of my favorite mods. First time I downloaded it, it was a joy to find out how much more convenient it made temperature control, so thanks a ton for the update!

shadowstitch

First off, thank you for updating this to 1.0. It remains an invaluable mod.

I keep noticing something strange with the temperature equalizing in Rimworld 1.0, that may be a vanilla issue entirely unrelated to redistheat, but redistheat doesn't solve the issue, either.  I don't think it's just my imagination.

Vents seem almost worthless, in how little they normalize temperature between rooms.

For example, if I build two identical adjacent 5x5 rooms, and put a heater/cooler in one and a vent between them, the temperature only normalizes a very limited amount between rooms compared to earlier versions.

Testing inside a cool base averaging 15c, a heater in one room will reach 21c easily. But an adjacent room connected by either a vanilla or redistheat vent will be practically unaffected, hovering around 17c. Even double walled, it doesn't remain insulated at all, and this gap only widens the colder the ambient temperature is.

Take a map with a cold ambient temp of -30c, two adjacent 5x5 rooms, double walled and connected by a vent, and only one with a heater. The heated room will struggle to maintain 19c, but the one next to it will barely approach 8c. Better than the outside temp, but still unsatisfactory. Adding two more heaters to the first room allows it to stay stable at 21c, but the room next to it still will not go above 10~12c.

When I have no choice but to put a cooler or heater in every room to maintain a stable temperature, it defeats the entire purpose of having vents in the first place. Is there any way to tweak the effectiveness of redistheat vents, to make them more efficient in trading temps?