[A14] UPDATE: Some Simple Mods

Started by eddieballgame, July 21, 2016, 06:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddieballgame

Just thought I would share 3 simple little mods for anyone interested.

Faster Research: Research is 2x faster to complete.
More Diff Settings: Added 3 more Difficulty Settings.
All Difficulty Settings now show the numbers per category.
No Cannibal Trait: The  Cannibal Trait  has been removed. ( because I don't like it. :) )

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

eddieballgame

Added 2 "More Factions" Mods, one has 10x more civil  Tribes, Outlanders, & Spacers &
the other has 5x more civil Tribes, Outlanders, & Spacers.

123nick

so the faction mod will increase the factions that generate by 10x or 5x?

eddieballgame

Yes, if you select Elevation Mode after generating a map you will be able to see more faction placements. Other modes will work but the Elevation one seems to be the best mode for viewing. I only increased the "civil" factions, though one could, just as easily adjust the pirates, etc.

123nick

Quote from: eddieballgame on July 25, 2016, 06:10:20 AM
Yes, if you select Elevation Mode after generating a map you will be able to see more faction placements. Other modes will work but the Elevation one seems to be the best mode for viewing. I only increased the "civil" factions, though one could, just as easily adjust the pirates, etc.

oh ok, have you thought of compatability with other, modded factions?

eddieballgame

I have not, however...I think it should be very easy to implement. For the Core adjustment, it is just a matter of changing a number per faction.

<requiredCountAtGameStart>1</requiredCountAtGameStart> ( Factions xml ) in the FactionDefs folder.

123nick

Quote from: eddieballgame on July 25, 2016, 07:10:32 AM
I have not, however...I think it should be very easy to implement. For the Core adjustment, it is just a matter of changing a number per faction.

<requiredCountAtGameStart>1</requiredCountAtGameStart> ( Factions xml ) in the FactionDefs folder.

that sounds easy, thanks :) so can i potentially set it up too 100x?

eddieballgame

Well, not sure if there is a limit. Of course, there is an easy way to find out. :)