[RW-1.0.2059] Medieval Times (v. 1.974.B-19 (Updated-10/22/2018))

Started by Vindar, July 27, 2016, 11:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigon

Quote from: Beathrus on December 27, 2016, 11:59:18 PM
Mr. Vidar I am not sure if its intended or not; but every time I attempt to put on 'Winter Boots' on my character who has bionic legs, it says "Cannot wear cloth Winter Boots (good) (Missing body parts).
Thats less an issue with Vindar's mod and more with how bionic body parts work. For whatever reason a bionic leg has no "foot" if you look at hit chances and such you'll note that bionic legs remove the leg and the foot by extension. But it does not add a bionic foot. If you debug and look at hit chances you can see this discrepancy, but at least no one can shoot your toes off.

Beathrus

Quote from: Trigon on December 28, 2016, 12:24:51 AM
Quote from: Beathrus on December 27, 2016, 11:59:18 PM
Mr. Vidar I am not sure if its intended or not; but every time I attempt to put on 'Winter Boots' on my character who has bionic legs, it says "Cannot wear cloth Winter Boots (good) (Missing body parts).
Thats less an issue with Vindar's mod and more with how bionic body parts work. For whatever reason a bionic leg has no "foot" if you look at hit chances and such you'll note that bionic legs remove the leg and the foot by extension. But it does not add a bionic foot. If you debug and look at hit chances you can see this discrepancy, but at least no one can shoot your toes off.

Ah, Okay. Thank you for the info!

OmG_PotatoeZ

Can't download the file. "You must be a member to download anything more than 2 MB (I am a member and am logged in.) Reported this before and asked for a different link but OP didn't help at all.

OmG_PotatoeZ

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on December 28, 2016, 09:39:58 AM
Can't download the file. "You must be a member to download anything more than 2 MB (I am a member and am logged in.) Reported this before and asked for a different link but OP didn't help at all.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Beathrus

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on December 28, 2016, 09:45:26 AM
Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on December 28, 2016, 09:39:58 AM

I'd try 'download manually' here is direct link.

http://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/download/1197/?

OmG_PotatoeZ

Ik, that's what I was choosing. I googled it a few hours later and was told to try Mozilla so I did and it worked. Sorry to OP for sounding like I was blaming him if I did, love the mod :)

conajofa

I LOVE THIS MOD

Is the first mod i play of "adding things and change the game", and i love the sensation of progression with mi tribe.

Do you believe in a union with Glittertech and GHXX Tech Advance for a overhaul of evolution of technology?

With Medieval Times is a long time advance the Tech Level, and is amazing sensation of progression.

Goosedown

The Wehrmacht mod and Medieval times interact interestingly, as I had a group of medieval retainers setup for a siege and build 2cm flak cannons(I feel lucky they were behind a mountain...). I'm not sure if its intentional that other mod's siege(ish) weapons can be used, but just a heads up that it happened.

Vindar

Quote from: Goosedown on January 01, 2017, 01:44:50 PM
The Wehrmacht mod and Medieval times interact interestingly, as I had a group of medieval retainers setup for a siege and build 2cm flak cannons(I feel lucky they were behind a mountain...). I'm not sure if its intentional that other mod's siege(ish) weapons can be used, but just a heads up that it happened.

Theirs no way to avoid it short of adding in a custom siege type, that's why I didn't have sieges in for the longest time, however, recently i decided screw it and threw them in anyways (or at least the basic coding for em)

Goosedown

I can only imagine how complicated adding in a new siege type event would be. Their sieges seem to work just fine and its not that weird considering that if a medieval group got their hands on some heavy weapons I would imagine they'd probably be all kinds of excited to use it in a siege. Just like my folks end up mixing shoddy guns and arbalests. :P

Adoelrome

Guuys, i did a strange thing. maybe u can help me, please)

matter is that i can not smelt weapons in blacksmith's smelter, but only steel weapons.
i mean, here s no problem with plasteel knife for example - all is fine.
but if i try to smelt something steel - i see only "need materials".
my stores have overwhelmed with steel weapons))
and i absolutely can not find where i could prohibit this material x.x

Vindar

Quote from: Adoelrome on January 03, 2017, 05:46:04 PM
Guuys, i did a strange thing. maybe u can help me, please)

matter is that i can not smelt weapons in blacksmith's smelter, but only steel weapons.
i mean, here s no problem with plasteel knife for example - all is fine.
but if i try to smelt something steel - i see only "need materials".
my stores have overwhelmed with steel weapons))
and i absolutely can not find where i could prohibit this material x.x

I'm guessing that was the issue brought up in the bug forum earlier,(coding on smelting changed) sorry the patch took so long, had offline stuff going on.

"Fixed" in new patch, you'll prolly have to re-enable the smelting list on your current saves, other than that it should work fine, Let me know if the patch fixes the issue, if not It's prolly something else i need to look into.

---------------------------------------------------------

Updated to (v. 1.54.A16)
- Tweaked graphics
- Fixed smelting issue.

Adoelrome

oh, it was torture - merge mod again (am making merge about 105+ (tech map, workstations, etc.) mods and the number of edits is huge xD ).
but i found the difference, ofcourse it is the smeltable tag. thanks to u a lot.
and it is not about materials ofc))
if i was cleverer, i would correct it myself.
but i was pretty sure that the bug was brought by me, while merging. xD

another question, if i'm posting here)
why you haven't added something like 'atefinemeal' to your hearty stew?
i think ppl should be rewarded for their work. or, from an economic point of view, we r making more expensive production for little mood bonus (otherwise here s no sense and difference between weak and hearty stew)

ArthoriusBalen

Now that a compatibility patch is being made for CR with LewisDTC's Weapon Expansions, I wonder if anyone would not be willing to do one this too!  ;D

Adalah217

Quote from: ArthoriusBalen on January 04, 2017, 04:33:15 PM
Now that a compatibility patch is being made for CR with LewisDTC's Weapon Expansions, I wonder if anyone would not be willing to do one this too!  ;D

That's the goal! :)

I will attempt to make one for this mod, but no guarantees. It will likely taken a minimum of a few weeks to make ammo and properly balance this mod. I'm a bit busy with LewisDTC's compatibility patch first anyways.