[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Basharrah

Thank you very much for the speedy reply, I regret that I didn't check this thread sooner. Could I trouble you for more detailed instructions as to what .xml files to modify? I am not very familiar with RimWorld modding, so I don't really know which files to look for.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Basharrah on October 31, 2016, 03:53:51 PM
  Thank you very much for the speedy reply, I regret that I didn't check this thread sooner. Could I trouble you for more detailed instructions as to what .xml files to modify? I am not very familiar with RimWorld modding, so I don't really know which files to look for.

The race defs. Just change the texture paths

Basharrah

Thank you again, and I have one more question. I have done what you have told me to, and now the newly-spawned Orassans don't spawn headless, like they did when I was going in blind. However, the ears aren't spawning on them, leaving them looking like they are going bald in two different places on their heads. I've overwritten the hairstyles in the new version with the ones from the previous version, and as to the .xml, I simply deleted these lines, since they weren't in previous versions;

<NakedBodyGraphicLocation></NakedBodyGraphicLocation>
    <NakedHeadGraphicLocation>Things/Orassan/Heads/</NakedHeadGraphicLocation>
    <DesiccatedGraphicLocation></DesiccatedGraphicLocation>   
    <CustomGenderDistribution>true</CustomGenderDistribution>
    <MaleGenderProbability>0.5</MaleGenderProbability>   
    <PawnsSpecificBackstories>false</PawnsSpecificBackstories>
    <HasHair>Vanilla</HasHair>
    <GetsGreyAt>60</GetsGreyAt>
    <CustomSkinColors>true</CustomSkinColors>
    <Headless>false</Headless>
    <alienpartgenerator>     
      <aliencrowntypes>
        <li>Average_Normal</li>
      </aliencrowntypes>
    </alienpartgenerator>

<alienskincolorgen Class="ColorGenerator_Options">
        <options>
          <li>
            <weight>10</weight>
            <only>RGBA(1.0,1.0,1.0,1)</only>
          </li>
          <li>
            <weight>10</weight>
            <only>RGBA(0.5,0.5,0.5,1)</only>
          </li>
          <li>
            <weight>10</weight>
            <only>RGBA(0.3,0.3,0.3,1)</only>
          </li>
          <li>
            <weight>5</weight>
            <only>RGBA(0.7,0.6,0.6,1)</only>
          </li>
          <li>
            <weight>5</weight>
            <only>RGBA(0.5,0.3,0.0,1)</only>
          </li>
        </options>
      </alienskincolorgen>

Is there another line I need to change? Is there a different .xml file I should fiddle with? Thank you, again, for taking time to help us.

Diana Winters

Set the custom skin color line to false

Also...
Update 7: Shotgun and Missile launcher added. Textures updated.

Basharrah

Silly me, I'd edited a copy of the mod in another folder, rather than the one in my mods folder. Simply cutting the aforementioned lines got me the results I was asking for.

Thank you for being so helpful, and for continuing to push out updates to the mod mere days after you released the previous version.

NathanxS

Quick question, any plans on changing cannibalism /slaughtering human debuffs as a orassan?
It seems pretty weird to me getting these debuffs as an orassan , but no debuff slaughtering a cat or dog which look more similar to them than humans.

gariba

Quote from: NathanxS on November 02, 2016, 07:07:24 AM
Quick question, any plans on changing cannibalism /slaughtering human debuffs as a orassan?
It seems pretty weird to me getting these debuffs as an orassan , but no debuff slaughtering a cat or dog which look more similar to them than humans.

I think that might be somewhat offensive to them... It's like saying humans look like monkeys or baboos.
Anyways, the cannibalism thing most likely needs to be dug up in C# to implement.

Diana Winters

Quote from: NathanxS on November 02, 2016, 07:07:24 AM

SPECIEST!
Do humans get a debuff when they eat a monkey?! No?! WELL THERE YOU GO!

:p

jmababa

conflict with RT weapons separate the weapons I like better the RT weapons its so balanced more balanced than your weapons and is realistic

ChromeMax

Quote from: jmababa on November 03, 2016, 03:35:38 AM
conflict with RT weapons separate the weapons I like better the RT weapons its so balanced more balanced than your weapons and is realistic
First of all, the RT weapons mod is a separate weapons-ONLY mod. It would be unreasonable to ask another mod creator to balance the guns based off the gun stats of another mod.

Second of all, the RT weapons mod isn't even that realistic. The guns look pixelated and they look out of place with the colonists. (No disrespect to the RT weapons creator, but I personally just really do not like those pixelated sprites.)

Diana Winters

Explain how they conflict

ChromeMax

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 03, 2016, 04:41:28 PM

He's probably talking about the immersion conflict between Orssasan sci-fi guns and the modern era guns of the RT mod.

Diana Winters

Quote from: ChromeMax on November 03, 2016, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on November 03, 2016, 04:41:28 PM

He's probably talking about the immersion conflict between Orssasan sci-fi guns and the modern era guns of the RT mod.

Well that's not really my issue then...

Diana Winters

Update 8: Added new animal reminecent of Ori from Ori and the blind forest

diannetea

is the word "recipes" misspelled on purpose in the "RecipieDefs" folder & "Recipies_Orassan_Surgery" filename?