[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on November 16, 2016, 04:01:13 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on November 15, 2016, 08:43:18 PM

Update 10: Minor updates; tail less likely to be hit and has more health. EPOE patch updated as well.
And i thought all cats need to run without tails, like Haplo's robots without cam. unit to prevent talking ! :-)

Are you serious with the cat weapons ? Don't you think they are a bit to overpowered ?
The cyrogenic launcher is a devasting weapon, hugh damage potiential, very large blast radius, not onetime use, the only drawback are the long warmup.

Not sure if you want be vanilla friendly or just be overpowered like Glittertech.

I might do some balancing eventually, but not at the moment...

also
Update 11: Bugfixing; orassan missile only causes one explosion now

Diana Winters

Update 12: Minor fixes; Combat Realism and EPOE patches updated. You can use both at the same time now.

Diana Winters

Update 13: Recipe tweaks; all weapons and almost all ammo (CR patch) now requires uranium to craft

ChromeMax

Can you please stop making patches for other mods and little tweaks and actually fix some of the issues people are suggesting? Some of the guns in this mod are severely unbalanced and that has to be tweaked. The Cyrogenic launcher makes a roughly 6x6 explosion, but is worth less than 2k? Also, sometimes the Orin males from this mod have a broken purple texture.

Canute

Maybe split the weapons and the race into seperated mods.
And maybe add the option to start as Orassan tribe.

Diana Winters

Quote from: ChromeMax on November 23, 2016, 08:42:08 AM
Can you please stop making patches for other mods and little tweaks and actually fix some of the issues people are suggesting? Some of the guns in this mod are severely unbalanced and that has to be tweaked. The Cyrogenic launcher makes a roughly 6x6 explosion, but is worth less than 2k? Also, sometimes the Orin males from this mod have a broken purple texture.

Don't tell me what to do. I make this mod for myself and share it with you people.
>:(
Also, delete old versions and install the new one, not just overwriting. That purple texture error was fixed ages ago.

Quote from: Canute on November 23, 2016, 08:54:33 AM
Maybe split the weapons and the race into seperated mods.
And maybe add the option to start as Orassan tribe.

Canonically (in the mod's lore), the Orassans are far more advanced than humans; you would not see them as a tribe in the time this takes place. And no; I'm not splitting the mod into more parts.

If I wanted to stick to the mod's lore and make a tribe form, I'd need to adjust the map generation n' shit and I don't want to completely modify the game for something people would use a couple times then get bored of.

Canute

That is what i speak of.
Currently the Orassans are an overpowered "advanced" race. And you are geting pretty fast bored because you can easyly overwhelm the most raids with their weapons.
Thats why i wanted a tribe version, because i like, like you i think,  cat (people), and wanted a challenging game as tribe in the tropical jungle with the medivial mod. But since they are spacer, i didn't need to research any of the medivial stuff, and the nogun/mech mod didn't block the cat weapons.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on November 23, 2016, 01:25:40 PM
That is what i speak of.
Currently the Orassans are an overpowered "advanced" race. And you are geting pretty fast bored because you can easyly overwhelm the most raids with their weapons.
Thats why i wanted a tribe version, because i like, like you i think,  cat (people), and wanted a challenging game as tribe in the tropical jungle with the medivial mod. But since they are spacer, i didn't need to research any of the medivial stuff, and the nogun/mech mod didn't block the cat weapons.

The cat people's homeworld is a freezing ball of ice with the only liquid water and vegetation being around the equator. They would not fare well in a jungle since they evolved to deal with the harsh cold of their home planet.

Anyways, I plan on adding another faction with similar tech so your weaponry won't be so overpowered ;)

Smexy_Vampire

Diana Winters

Canute

QuoteThe cat people's homeworld is a freezing ball of ice with the only liquid water and vegetation being around the equator. They would not fare well in a jungle since they evolved to deal with the harsh cold of their home planet.
I know, i know, why do you think i tryed it.
A heat wave wipe out the 1. colony.

Orassans on ice sheet is too easy.

Diana Winters

Update 14: Event added... I suggest staying on friendly terms with the Orassans

Pink Omega

Orassan Bombardment? That's why I love those space cats, damn.

<=To Be Continued/\/

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 23, 2016, 02:29:55 PM
The cat people's homeworld is a freezing ball of ice with the only liquid water and vegetation being around the equator. They would not fare well in a jungle since they evolved to deal with the harsh cold of their home planet.

Anyways, I plan on adding another faction with similar tech so your weaponry won't be so overpowered ;)
A new faction you say? This has my attention.
Also really like this mod (though I don't touch their tech, already have some goodies from other mods *cough*Colonial Marine *cough*) and wish there were more alien races to love (or blow up).

*edit* why did I write "their" instead of "there"?

Diana Winters

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 25, 2016, 10:27:11 PM
Quote from: Diana Winters on November 23, 2016, 02:29:55 PM
<snip>
A new faction you say? This has my attention.
Also really like this mod (though I don't touch their tech, already have some goodies from other mods *cough*Colonial Marine *cough*) and wish their were more alien races to love (or blow up).

Try to stay on their good side ;)