[REQUEST] Robots mod

Started by ciri, February 28, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciri

Sry for my poor english. But somebody can make this mod?

Engineer could build robots in the workshop. For example:
- robodog - does not have to look like a dog, but fighting in close combat (melee)
- ranged robodog - similar to previous robodog but he can shot using laser gun (not so good accuracy, LOW HP but RANGED attack)

robots would support the defense of the base.
They can not be too cheap to build and can not have a lot of HP. For example - robodog HP = 25 (if normal human have 100 or something).
btw. The engineer could develop technological tree. Then the robots could have a little more HP (+5 HP?) or shoot straighter (better accuracy) or something.

Creator of modification could set a limit on the max number of robots, for example 8 pieces (8 robots max).

//btw. If you want, add the battery to the robot, the robot will be able to fight a few minutes, later it will have to go back to the charger to charge the battery (So, the player must build a charger)

Architect

This would be awesome for sure XD If no one picks it up in the next day or so, I'll take a look into it.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

AzureHarbie

Just to comment, there is something already in the Core\Def\ThingsDef\Races.xml that looks like a good start.

<ThingDef ParentName="BasePawn">
<defName>Mechanoid</defName>
<label>Mechanoid</label>
<maxHealth>350</maxHealth>
<overdraw>true</overdraw>
<sunShadowInfo>
<baseWidth>0.6</baseWidth>
<baseWidth>0.6</baseWidth>
<tallness>0.8</tallness>
</sunShadowInfo>
<race>
<walkSpeed>0.25</walkSpeed>
<isFlesh>false</isFlesh>
<meleeDamage>20</meleeDamage>
<nameCategory>Robot</nameCategory>
<hasGenders>false</hasGenders>
<hasStory>true</hasStory>
<needsRest>false</needsRest>
</race>
</ThingDef>

Ender

just as a hint for ideas if anyone gets to thinking of actually making this, there was a fairly large thread on robots, and although the conversation to got heated and had to be stopped, algorithms, and good amounts of ideas were thrown out there.

Automated Units discussion
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1631.0

and most of it is a good read even by the end in which some name calling occurs if i recall correctly.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Darker

As one of participant in that thread I say that I will try to make robot mod with AI.

I already have concept of robots, but what I'll need for sure is some graphic design. Otherwise they're gonna be gray squares.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Ender

Quote from: Darker on March 08, 2014, 05:34:55 PM

As one of participant in that thread I say that I will try to make robot mod with AI.

I already have concept of robots, but what I'll need for sure is some graphic design. Otherwise they're gonna be gray squares.
you might want to get into contact with "Shadowtajun" from what i have seen, she is quite good at all this magical "art" stuff, and i personally think robots wouldn't be  a stretch for her.

Darker

I noticed her, but didn't dare to contact her by PM yet.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Ender

Quote from: Darker on March 09, 2014, 05:10:41 AM
I noticed her, but didn't dare to contact her by PM yet.
lol come on! do it! or are you yeller bellied? ;)

Adam561

I really cant wait until we can add more races XD
==Adam561==
==Mod Author and Designer==
==RimWorld==
www.adam561mods.webs.com

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Adam561 on March 09, 2014, 10:53:34 PM
I really cant wait until we can ass more races XD
Cool typo, bro!  ;D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Adam561

==Adam561==
==Mod Author and Designer==
==RimWorld==
www.adam561mods.webs.com

blaze7736

In the mod i am making you will be able to make robots and robot dogs i hope to have these things done and out soon

iame6162013

Quote from: blaze7736 on March 14, 2014, 12:19:18 AM
In the mod i am making you will be able to make robots and robot dogs i hope to have these things done and out soon

one question how will u make that work really are they just like muffalo's and boomrats or are they colonists?
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

StorymasterQ

Quote from: iame6162013 on March 30, 2014, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: blaze7736 on March 14, 2014, 12:19:18 AM

one question how will u make that work really are they just like muffalo's and boomrats or are they colonists?
They ought to be semi-colonist ; :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tarrke

Amazing !

I'm looking toward robo main construction chain and begining in modding. I'd really like to help with this, if you wana. You can reach me by mail or PM here. I'll post some of my work when I'll see it fits, but i'll set up some github repo in the day to share the early work on that.