[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Thats what i spent my time in Wales doing :P That and falling anyway...

2.4.0 just went to my two testers for now, and hopefully ill release it tomorrow afternoon if all goes according to plan (GMT). If anyone is interested in joining my testing team, feel free to let me know here or by PM :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

RazorHed

Wow :) lol I just fought off a wave of about 60 raiders with only 4 pieces of charged wire :) It might be a little OP hehe

Headshotkill

I don't know if this has been asked before but does anyone have a good strategy to deal with nuclear waste?
Currently I have to designate every single piece of waste to be hauled and when they drop it it blocks the tile...

Architect

Just released 2.4.1 if anyone is interested :P Should fix the last of any issues you guys are having, and maybe a few you didnt realise you were having XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Kirid

I'm wondering if you could add a stone wall that conducts power.
I keep having to make little sections of my stone walls metal so I can pass power through, causes weak spots.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Buildings>

<ThingDef Name="BuildingBase" Abstract="True">
<category>Building</category>
<bulletImpactSound>BulletImpactMetal</bulletImpactSound>
<selectable>true</selectable>
<drawerType>MapMeshAndRealTime</drawerType>
<surfaceNeeded>Light</surfaceNeeded>
<constructionEffect>ConstructMetal</constructionEffect>
<repairEffect>Repair</repairEffect>
</ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase" Name="WallBase" Abstract="True">
<eType>Wall</eType>
<thingClass>Building</thingClass>
<linkDrawerType>CornerFiller</linkDrawerType>
<category>Building</category>
<blueprintTexturePath>Things/Building/Linked/Wall_Blueprint_Atlas</blueprintTexturePath>
<linkFlags>
<li>Wall</li>
<li>Rock</li>
<li>Minerals</li>
</linkFlags>
<altitudeLayer>BuildingTall</altitudeLayer>
<passability>Impassable</passability>
<castEdgeShadows>true</castEdgeShadows>
<fillPercent>1</fillPercent>
<coversFloor>true</coversFloor>
<placingDraggableDimensions>1</placingDraggableDimensions>
<tickerType>Never</tickerType>
<rotatable>false</rotatable>
<selectable>true</selectable>
<neverMultiSelect>true</neverMultiSelect>
<surfaceNeeded>Heavy</surfaceNeeded>
<holdsRoof>true</holdsRoof>
<designationCategory>Structure</designationCategory>
<staticSunShadowHeight>1.0</staticSunShadowHeight>
<roomBarrier>true</roomBarrier>
<blockLight>true</blockLight>
</ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="WallBase">
<defName>PowerWallStone</defName>
<eType>Wall</eType>
<label>Powered Stone wall</label>
<texturePath>Things/Building/Linked/WallStone_Atlas</texturePath>
<menuIconPath>Things/Building/Linked/WallStone_MenuIcon</menuIconPath>
<maxHealth>1000</maxHealth>
<flammability>0</flammability>
<description>A powered stone wall. It could stand for ages. It doesn't burn.</description>
<workToBuild>200</workToBuild>
<transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower>
    <mineable>true</mineable>
    <building>
      <ignoreNeedsPower>true</ignoreNeedsPower>
    </building>
<costList>
<li>
<thingDef>StoneBlocks</thingDef>
<count>7</count>
</li>
<li>
<thingDef>Wire</thingDef>
<count>5</count>
</li>
</costList>
<filthLeavings>
<li>
<thingDef>RockRubble</thingDef>
<count>2</count>
</li>
</filthLeavings>
    <designationHotKey>M</designationHotKey>
    <researchPrerequisite>Stonecutting</researchPrerequisite>
</ThingDef>

</Buildings>

Edit: Did it for myself, super easy, just one simple dll :P
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Vas

Quote from: Kirid on April 23, 2014, 10:40:42 AM
I keep having to make little sections of my stone walls metal so I can pass power through, causes weak spots.

DLL? You mean XML.  Right?
The point of stone walls was to not have power, but strength.  You'll have to weaken one spot of the wall to get power through, but there is a way to re-strengthen that spot as well after you do that.  Plus, in some mods, I forget which, you can build silver walls which takes 70 silver 70 metal to make a wall as strong as stone walls that also conducts power and looks nice.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Kirid

Quote from: Vas on April 23, 2014, 12:00:16 PM
Quote from: Kirid on April 23, 2014, 10:40:42 AM
DLL? You mean XML.  Right?
The point of stone walls was to not have power, but strength.  You'll have to weaken one spot of the wall to get power through, but there is a way to re-strengthen that spot as well after you do that.  Plus, in some mods, I forget which, you can build silver walls which takes 70 silver 70 metal to make a wall as strong as stone walls that also conducts power and looks nice.

Yeah I meant Xml :P  Learning C#, reading and typing tons so my head is spinning a bit.
The point of stone walls was to be strong and fireproof. It doesn't transmit power more so it is opposed to the metal wall.  The vanilla game only has 2 walls, so having it unpowered makes sense; one powered and one unpowered wall. My point is,
I think it's logical to be able to build a stone wall with a wire in it. It wouldn't replace the current wall, and the wire cost could be bumped to like 10-20 so normal stone walls are still used most of the time. Sure that silver wall works, but I'm pretty OCD and it would drive me crazy.

Vas

Quote from: Kirid on April 23, 2014, 09:00:22 PMSure that silver wall works, but I'm pretty OCD and it would drive me crazy.

Instead of using stone walls around your base, you could just use silver walls.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mrofa

I did silver walls for silver sink, not sure how it look in alpha 3 since i didnt play that long in it but in alpha 2 building more and more vaults for silver was a bother :D

Just copy the stone wall def in any mod def folder, in it change it defname to some custom and add
<transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower> to wall and thats it :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Kirid

Quote from: Vas on April 23, 2014, 09:16:30 PM
Quote from: Kirid on April 23, 2014, 09:00:22 PMSure that silver wall works, but I'm pretty OCD and it would drive me crazy.
Instead of using stone walls around your base, you could just use silver walls.  :P

I am totally doing this...but that's endgame when the colony is rich.

Vas

Quote from: Kirid on April 23, 2014, 09:29:40 PM
Quote from: Vas on April 23, 2014, 09:16:30 PM

I am totally doing this...but that's endgame when the colony is rich.

I'm planning on adding some gold walls with gold to the game at some point.  I'm just working on a turret mod at the moment.  Trying not to make it a tower defense game but still have not pea shooter turrets like the current game turret.

CaptianBen2221

Ok so, my guys won't build any wire spools. I have metal and have set a bill for 100x wire spools but nobody will make them. What do I do?  :-\

Headshotkill

Quote from: CaptianBen2221 on April 24, 2014, 10:29:39 AM
Ok so, my guys won't build any wire spools. I have metal and have set a bill for 100x wire spools but nobody will make them. What do I do?  :-\

Maybe you need to increase the range of the config so the colonist will look for metal in a larger area around the table... or maybe you need to make one of your colonists a crafter which you can do in the overview tab.

Architect

Just checking before I move onto mass additions for 2.5.0, anyone having any bugs or balancing issues with BP+ as it stands currently?

Also, look out for the compatibility mod for Power Switches and BP+ coming out soon through Haplo, as well as the compatibility mods already out for fertile plains and BP+ through ItchyFlea.

biosehnsucht

Looks like lit walls are working now from battery, and not causing the psychodelic rave party when power goes low. And thus, no free flood spools of wire due to that. So, that solves the problems I had ...