[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undecided

Quote from: Halinder on July 18, 2014, 08:02:28 PM
That nuclear reactor explosion. It gets set alight by rain just once, and suddenly half my colony is in ashes. I was right to put it in the main raider-kill-hall chamber..

Reactors make great panic buttons like that. Place it in front of your killzone funnel, wall it off, and if you get approached by an enemy raid you're not ready for, shell it with artillery or grenades. A 25-tile blast radius is guaranteed to kill enough to break their morale and force a retreat.

Jerethi50

I have found a pretty serious bug with this version of better power, Apparently if you use large batteries (and maybe small, i havent tested with small) and the Short Circuit incident fires off, It fails to fire, and then no more incidents fire off after it. this can be temporarily fixed by removing all large and small batteries, entering debug mod, forcing the short circuit incident, after this incidents should work correctly. i suggest not using the large batteries until this is fixed

I did test this on just Better power, separately, though i found out about the bug in my mod pack. it still happens with just better power + activated.

Fukara

Haplo

I think you've mixed something up. Nano Storage is a part of the Miscellaneous Mod.
What it does: it stores up to ten items/resourcestacks inside. You can release it and even select, what you wanna release again.

Fukara

Quote from: Haplo on July 19, 2014, 03:16:50 PM
I think you've mixed something up. Nano Storage is a part of the Miscellaneous Mod.
What it does: it stores up to ten items/resourcestacks inside. You can release it and even select, what you wanna release again.

you are right
Thank you.

Baleur

How on earth do you get the coal from the coal miner onto the conveyor belts?
I tried connecting a conveyor to the mine.
I tried making the connecting conveyor a "loading belt".
I tried putting a hopper (couldnt).
I'm out of options.

There's pretty much No explanation or schematic or tutorial what so ever on the main post about any of this.

Surely you aren't supposed to use colonists to manually place the coal on it, since that would defeat the purpose?
Thanks.

Jerethi50

i think you just place the conveyor belt on the square coal shows up on, the conveyor belt should push any object in the same square as it i think.

Baleur

The coal shows up scattered all around xD
I guess i could just wrap the entire mine in conveyor belts.

DaPieGuy

Just wondering, will this work with tech tree minami? As I am not sure if they both have an effect on world gen.

Undecided

Quote from: DaPieGuy on July 19, 2014, 06:49:35 PM
Just wondering, will this work with tech tree minami? As I am not sure if they both have an effect on world gen.

Architect mentioned removing the mapgen elements from this mod one page back. So I think it should be okay. I'm no modder though.

Entityofsin

How do I get coal? Cause when I started up a fresh game (haven't played in a long time) I never have been able to figure out from past versions how to get coal to use the coal burner.

Baleur

Research digging, drilling, then build the coal miner on top of geysers as the tooltip says

Undecided

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 19, 2014, 04:59:23 PM
i think you just place the conveyor belt on the square coal shows up on, the conveyor belt should push any object in the same square as it i think.

To setup a logistics chain using conveyors, this is what you do:

Naturally a chain of conveyors. At the end the link should be toggled to "unload" mode, at the start the link should be toggled to "load" mode. Now attach "Belt Feeds" to the sides of the loader. These will basically be 1-tile stockpile zones that you can toggle

Things to note:
- The unload section launches items in the direction its facing. So try to make it face an empty corner, not a doorway, or you might find your items spilling out into the hall and blocking traffic.

- If objects keep consistently get thrown off a certain part of the chain, check that you don't have a link facing backwards or sideways by mistake. Those arrows are really tiny and hard to see, so you'll probably make this mistake often (like I do). If they still keep getting thrown off and all the links are okay, build walls around the conveyor chain to prevent items from being knocked off.

- MOST Important: When setting up a conveyor chain for certain items, make sure all stockpiles that can hold that item have the same priority as the Belt Feeds. If you do not, you'll find pawns will manually haul items and ignore the conveyor (if your other stockpiles have higher priority) or will pickup items at the end of the conveyor and carry them back to the beginning Belt Feed in an endless loop (if your other stockpiles have lower priority). Instead, to manage your inventory, use distances; when all stockpiles have equal priority settings, the AI uses distance to determine the priority instead. So you can keep your logistics flowing as you want it to without using different priority settings.

Entityofsin

Quote from: Baleur on July 20, 2014, 10:25:07 AM
Research digging, drilling, then build the coal miner on top of geysers as the tooltip says

Did this and still no coal.

Undecided

Firstly, note that the coal miner has three sides with a thin yellow wall, and a fourth "open side". The spawn location is relative to what direction the open side is facing; in the following example, the open side is facing south:

XXXXXX
XXXXXX <-- Coal Miner (6x6 tiles large)
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
-CCC-- (the C's are the initial coal spawn points)
-C-C--
-CC---

So make sure that space, relative to whatever direction the open side is facing, is clear of obstruction for spawning. Also don't forget to power the thing!