[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dread

This really sucks, this is my favourite mod, really looking forward to an A6 release for it. Architect, if i may give you some advice, i'm a web developer so work with code a lot, but dont know anything about writing code for games, however one universal code related tool will help you. Source Control. Setup a git repo, download a git client (i like sourcetree) and learn how to keep your code safe. I'm happy to give you a tutorial on how to set this up over skype if you'd like?

Shinzy

Quote from: Architect on August 18, 2014, 11:07:11 AM
Good news and bad news. Good news: I'm back! Bad news: I'm a bit of an idiot. Not the smartest person on the block and not the best remembering things, my memory is kind of similar to a siv, but where the bottom fell out leaving you with a useless metal hoop. Unfortunately what that means is that I may have lost the entirety of BP+ with a really stupid mistake, along with every back up I had. Now I still have the old versions which I can decompile, copy over, and rebuild the mod from, but its gonna take a little bit of time. On top of that I've got into a bit of trouble with some not so cleaver antics, so I need to get away from my village for a while, leaving within this hour. I honestly don't know how long I'll be gone or when I'll be back, hopefully not long, but until then there's not going to be a lot going on. But hey, for all I know I'll be back by the end of tomorrow XD

This sounds like something straight out of Donald Duck! (especially with how much your avatar reminds me of Doctor Triplex, But enough of that! =P)
I hope everything's gna be fine!

Zeta Omega

Raufgar

Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

nmid

Darn.... Sorry to hear that.
Not sure how big the size of the backup is... but after each launch, you could upload the backup to dropbox/gdrive as a safety measure.

Edit - Nvm, Dread had a much better and practical suggestion than mine.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Zeta Omega

Somz

What will I do without lazor drilling? And the roof removal? Oh, my, I'm lost... I should probably stop relying on mods that much... Yeah, I'll just tell the legion of the MAIs to build more solar panels...!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Somz on August 22, 2014, 09:13:22 PM
What will I do without lazor drilling? And the roof removal? Oh, my, I'm lost... I should probably stop relying on mods that much... Yeah, I'll just tell the legion of the MAIs to build more solar panels...!
If you use a mod called Glitter tech, you will think geothermals are pathetic once you build the new kind

Bruvvy

Death_Vader97

No news on this mod? I would be really interested if the a6 development is continuing or (i dont hope that) is cancelled. It's a really great mod, one of the best if not the best (for me).

Bodog999

Love the mod too been waiting to get the Alpha 6 version of this since Alpha 6 came out. Sadly still waiting :(

redangellion

The Alpha 5 version won't work with Alpha 6 or what?

Zeta Omega

Quote from: thefinn on September 08, 2014, 05:07:06 PM
I miss wind turbines ;(
Can someone make something else like this, I saw a nuclear power mod