[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerethi50

Actually, I have figured the assemblies out pretty well, and have managed to update two different assemblies to alpha 5. I think i could keep this mod updated for you, If you would like.

murlocdummy

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 05, 2014, 10:40:32 AM
Actually, I have figured the assemblies out pretty well, and have managed to update two different assemblies to alpha 5. I think i could keep this mod updated for you, If you would like.

I always prefer that all of my mods are updated by people other than me.  Of course, that's just me.  I don't know about Architect.

Jerethi50

Quote from: murlocdummy on July 06, 2014, 06:19:53 AM
Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 05, 2014, 10:40:32 AM

I always prefer that all of my mods are updated by people other than me.  Of course, that's just me.  I don't know about Architect.

ha ha ha :P I meant if he decided to take an extended break from the game or something, as he was talking about maybe doing a few days back, Obviously if he sticks around, I vastly prefer he update his own mod :P .

Sunete

annihilatron

i, err... seriously need this mod to play randy random. Ha.

Hope to see this maintained, it's one of the more important ones in my playing =)

Jerethi50

Guys it will be updated, please be patient the guy who does this mod has very little free time to work on it so it takes him a bit longer, if ya want the mod to stick around, we need to be a bit more appreciative of his work and a bit less whiny. It is a very involved and complex mod. So when updates are required for it it can take a lot of time to do.

Sakata

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 08, 2014, 10:26:39 PM
Guys it will be updated, please be patient the guy who does this mod has very little free time to work on it so it takes him a bit longer, if ya want the mod to stick around, we need to be a bit more appreciative of his work and a bit less whiny. It is a very involved and complex mod. So when updates are required for it it can take a lot of time to do.
Agreed.  And if he is too busy to work on it at all, it may take even longer as he chooses someone to continue his work.  Sometimes mods just take time, especially when there is just one modder doing all the work.  I help here and there with an OS minecraft mod, so I know that one little change isn't so 'little' when it comes to coding. I'd love to see this mod updated as well -- so I'll cool my heels and wait for whatever the outcome is.

asphere8

Installed the mod, activated it.
Game and all saves corrupted.
I have a feeling that this wasn't intended.

Sakata

Quote from: asphere8 on July 08, 2014, 11:35:03 PM
Did you read what version of the game the mod is for?  It has not been updated to A5 yet.

asphere8

Quote from: Sakata on July 09, 2014, 12:29:36 AM
Quote from: asphere8 on July 08, 2014, 11:35:03 PM
Did you read what version of the game the mod is for?  It has not been updated to A5 yet.

That would be the problem then. I was tired (1am) when I installed it.

Architect

I am still around guys, just been busy with an oxygen dispersion and pressure system I said I would build to stop myself going absolutely mad in what little free time I have, as my motivation for this had dropped. I leave for a camp tomorrow, but when I get back on the Sunday I will start work on updating, and smash it out until it's done. I don't know exactly when it will be finished, but you have my word it will be operational before I head off again next Friday, one way or another.

Optimistic verdict: Sunday night
Realistic verdict: Tuesday night
Pessimistic verdict: Thursday at 4 am :P

Again I can only thank you all for your kind words and patience. It's these little boosters which give me the kick up the ass to get back to work and make the damn thing happen XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

WayKay55

Quote from: Architect on July 10, 2014, 06:20:36 PM
I am still around guys, just been busy with an oxygen dispersion and pressure system I said I would build to stop myself going absolutely mad in what little free time I have, as my motivation for this had dropped. I leave for a camp tomorrow, but when I get back on the Sunday I will start work on updating, and smash it out until it's done. I don't know exactly when it will be finished, but you have my word it will be operational before I head off again next Friday, one way or another.

Optimistic verdict: Sunday night
Realistic verdict: Tuesday night
Pessimistic verdict: Thursday at 4 am :P

Again I can only thank you all for your kind words and patience. It's these little boosters which give me the kick up the ass to get back to work and make the damn thing happen XD
that made me cry a little......

Manly

I like your mod very much.  Keep in mind that this is alpha and you are busting your butt to make your mod work for every iteration that comes out...that must be a huge weight on your shoulders. 

I am sure that I speak for everyone here and hope that you don't get burned out.  If you find yourself hating "having" to do this...don't do it.  Wait until the passion hits you again and you enjoy making the game a LOT better (yes...I said it...your mod improves this game dramatically for me and a LOT of others).

The thing is...I am old enough to know that I want your mod when the game is ready.  From reading your last post it sounds like you are feeling pressure to fit this in with your already full life.  Enjoy other things and then come back and set this stuff up so this doesnt become a chore that you will finally just quit doing.  Yes...we will miss it...but it is better that you are here when we need you! :)

That goes for other modders who are burning out.  Jump ship until you feel the passion again man...this isnt your job. :)

Sakata

Quote from: Manly on July 10, 2014, 11:10:35 PM
I like your mod very much.  Keep in mind that this is alpha and you are busting your butt to make your mod work for every iteration that comes out...that must be a huge weight on your shoulders. 

I am sure that I speak for everyone here and hope that you don't get burned out.  If you find yourself hating "having" to do this...don't do it.  Wait until the passion hits you again and you enjoy making the game a LOT better (yes...I said it...your mod improves this game dramatically for me and a LOT of others).

The thing is...I am old enough to know that I want your mod when the game is ready.  From reading your last post it sounds like you are feeling pressure to fit this in with your already full life.  Enjoy other things and then come back and set this stuff up so this doesnt become a chore that you will finally just quit doing.  Yes...we will miss it...but it is better that you are here when we need you! :)

That goes for other modders who are burning out.  Jump ship until you feel the passion again man...this isnt your job. :)

Agreed.  That is why I'm taking a break from minecraft modding.

I felt like it was becoming a job, and I'd allowed myself to feel "obligated" about it, which made me more and more burned out till I can't even play minecraft now.  Still like the game, but I spent too much time with it so I'm in 'extended burn out' -- to the point where I'm still not sure if I want to mod anymore.  Definitely don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Hopefully some time I'll get an itch to see what the OS community has done with the mod and see how it has progressed, and see if I have any new ideas/code to bring to the table.

murlocdummy

This is one of those "too big to fail" mods.  It needs to be maintained.  I vote that the community pitch in and help update BetterPower+ with Architect as our undisputed leader.

Jerithi50 offered to handle the .dll assemblies.

I'll volunteer to help with whatever .xml files I can (which isn't much, since I don't know programming).

Edit:  TraderKinds.xml now contains Alpha5 items.
https://www.mediafire.com/?d9vublb18mw08qq