[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

A16 mending! Indispensable mod!  Yay!!!!!  :)

NixxNikoli

How do I disable the failure chances in the defs? Quite likely there's something I missed but they don't seem to be disabled by default.

Primal Lord

Quote from: NixxNikoli on December 24, 2016, 07:52:24 PM
How do I disable the failure chances in the defs? Quite likely there's something I missed but they don't seem to be disabled by default.

Adds Chance of failure for mending. No real punishment other than a flat -50 hit points and a meaningless rename. Watch out, if your pawn is too unskilled, they may destroy your precious item. It can be configured under ChancesDef/Default.xml.

Literally taken straight from the GitHub description, just look for "[chances]" in the xml (Hint: There's 2 "[chances]" lists)

Edit: Stopped to consider maybe you did know where to look, but you were confused as to literally "How" to disable it, just change all the numbers between the listed qualities, ie awful, normal, good, etc, to 0.

notfood

Just delete ChancesDef folder.

asquirrel

Quote from: notfood on December 24, 2016, 08:46:46 PM
Just delete ChancesDef folder.

Notfood.  I use your mods because you're a pro modder but I need to ask anyway.  I go into the mending subfolder and really just delete the chancedef folder?  That easy? My game won't explode or anything? :)

notfood

If there is no ChancesDef, the default is a 0 chance.

Does it happen too often? The penalty is really in name. at 0.5-1%. Gotta be real unlucky to hit it the 3-6 times it takes to destroy an item.

Pepelnica1488

this mod is bugged, any food has been gone on cooking if it mod activated

notfood

huh what? You've got to describe it better if you want help. This mod doesn't touch food at all.

Pepelnica1488

Quote from: notfood on December 25, 2016, 11:13:42 AM
huh what? You've got to describe it better if you want help. This mod doesn't touch food at all.

http://i86.fastpic.ru/big/2016/1225/f3/829b8476d85c2e795b91a65225354af3.png

idk, all food just gone if your mod activated...

nick4560

I also find some bug, if use mod will cause cannot pick up items to the other high priority area from low priority

notfood

NixxNikoli

Quote from: Primal Lord on December 24, 2016, 08:01:35 PM
Literally taken straight from the GitHub description, just look for "[chances]" in the xml (Hint: There's 2 "[chances]" lists)

Edit: Stopped to consider maybe you did know where to look, but you were confused as to literally "How" to disable it, just change all the numbers between the listed qualities, ie awful, normal, good, etc, to 0.

Thanks for the help, but just one page back in this thread OP says this feature is disabled by default hence confusion. I was expecting to find a true/false value somewhere in the file

solvarg

Quote from: Pepelnica1488 on December 25, 2016, 06:52:17 AM
this mod is bugged, any food has been gone on cooking if it mod activated

I had the same problem, reproducible with just this mod activated; meals and harvests would disappear upon creation, corpses would think no stockpile was designated for them.

Just delete the mod and download the newest version, that fixed it for me.

Primal Lord

Hi there, i believe i'm having a different problem then those listed above, every time my Pawns try to access the mending table it produces this red error: Exception in SetupToils (pawn=Branden, job=Mend A=Thing_TableMending87971 B=Thing_Apparel_BasicShirt72841): System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.AI.Toils_Haul.StartCarryThing'.

which afterward causes 3 more errors where the game is trying to figure out what my pawn was trying to do, trying to force prioritize the mending table causes the game to freeze and crash instantly.

Edit: This is also using the current most up to date version availiable
Update: Problem persists for all 4 options on the mending table, and the recycling table causes a crash without even generating an error report

notfood

You are using A15 version for A16. A16's version is only available in github right now.