[MOD] (Alpha 7) Atomic Power

Started by Psyckosama, March 02, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puch22

I would use this but since it uses uranium and I have a habit of using all my silver on the very few trade ships I get personally, I wont. Love the concept though :P.
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

BetaSpectre

TBH I've never seen my reactors consume uranium if they do then its a negligible amount.

The real issue is that you have to repair the reactors like once a day or two and they need to be off for you to do so unless you want dead/crazy colonists.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Puch22

A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

Psyckosama

Quote from: NephilimNexus on July 09, 2014, 08:49:41 PM
I'll just leave this here...

I know. The way I look at it, this doesn't go atomic bomb as much as it has a really nasty and energetic meltdown.

Besides, cinematic!

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 10, 2014, 04:06:34 AM
TBH I've never seen my reactors consume uranium if they do then its a negligible amount.

Nope. Way I look at it is most fission reactors consume uranium at such a slow rate that reloading them is outside the context of the game.

QuoteThe real issue is that you have to repair the reactors like once a day or two and they need to be off for you to do so unless you want dead/crazy colonists.

IMHO its the radiation and maintenance requirements that make the reactor! :D

Smacher305

Might want to remove the link to the alpha 3 version, it's possible others would download that one believing it to be current(i did not even notice the first download link lol) and think the mod broke their game or is bugged. thankfully i checked the version manually but others might not have the same thought process lol

forsaken1111

So with the new clothing system could you add in a radiation/hazard suit to protect from the radiation around the reactor?

Psyckosama

Quote from: Smacher305 on July 10, 2014, 01:24:37 PM
Might want to remove the link to the alpha 3 version, it's possible others would download that one believing it to be current(i did not even notice the first download link lol) and think the mod broke their game or is bugged. thankfully i checked the version manually but others might not have the same thought process lol

Good idea. Done.

Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 10, 2014, 02:25:58 PM
So with the new clothing system could you add in a radiation/hazard suit to protect from the radiation around the reactor?

Hm. That's an idea, but not really doable until we unlock the option to trade in clothes. after all, people with radiation suits just don't show up to kill you.

Smacher305

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 10, 2014, 07:42:27 PM

Hm. That's an idea, but not really doable until we unlock the option to trade in clothes. after all, people with radiation suits just don't show up to kill you.

We don't know that do we? after all.. it IS a rimworld.Who knows what kind of dangers exist outside of the colony and what raiders have to be prepared for...for all we know there are radioactive creatures the raiders have to fend off at home and whenever they go out to pillage they bring along at least 1 radiation suit guy to clean up w.e mess they find.... or create. "just in case".

also great mod btw, several explosions have taught me the value of triple stone walls and paying attention to reactors.

BetaSpectre

Radiation Resistance/Immunity is an actual in game trait it does nothing but still its there
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Smacher305

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 13, 2014, 03:44:31 PM
Radiation Resistance/Immunity is an actual in game trait it does nothing but still its there

therefore, one can infer that the rimworld might have a few nasty surprises..... lol

Psyckosama

Quote from: Smacher305 on July 13, 2014, 03:21:56 PM
We don't know that do we? after all.. it IS a rimworld.Who knows what kind of dangers exist outside of the colony and what raiders have to be prepared for...for all we know there are radioactive creatures the raiders have to fend off at home and whenever they go out to pillage they bring along at least 1 radiation suit guy to clean up w.e mess they find.... or create. "just in case".

Heh. We'll see.

Quotealso great mod btw, several explosions have taught me the value of triple stone walls and paying attention to reactors.

Oh, its going to get worse. With the improved fire code I'm going to restore it to Alpha 3 settings... which added a rather massive FIREBLAST effect.

TenSaidYes

Am I missing something, or is there as of current, no way to avoid taking radiation damage from the reactor when my idiot colonists go charging into the radiation-flooded reactor room to repair the damn thing?

If not, I'm really gonna need to find a mod that'll let me seal the reactor room up while the damn thing is running, and only open the doors after safely shutting down the power plant.

Psyckosama

Quote from: TenSaidYes on July 14, 2014, 08:43:19 PM

Am I missing something, or is there as of current, no way to avoid taking radiation damage from the reactor when my idiot colonists go charging into the radiation-flooded reactor room to repair the damn thing?

If not, I'm really gonna need to find a mod that'll let me seal the reactor room up while the damn thing is running, and only open the doors after safely shutting down the power plant.

Actually there is. For good reason you can disable colonist interaction with.

The way to repair it is to turn it off, then enable interaction and send someone to fix it.

Then, once they're done and have left the room, disable interaction and turn the power back on.

It'll keep them from going "Well, need to fix the reactor... hey, what's with the ominous green glow and why is my hair falling out?"

Smacher305

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 14, 2014, 04:12:42 PM
Quote from: Smacher305 on July 13, 2014, 03:21:56 PM
also great mod btw, several explosions have taught me the value of triple stone walls and paying attention to reactors.

Oh, its going to get worse. With the improved fire code I'm going to restore it to Alpha 3 settings... which added a rather massive FIREBLAST effect.

lol all i know is, when that reactor went off it blew right through both stone walls, traveled 10 blocks, blew through a metal wall and proceeded to tear up part of my colonists rooms(yes i know i probably shouldn't put a nuclear reactor next to their rooms. oh well xD) thankfully the bed was just out of reach.

I would welcome a bigger fiery explosion though. Might teach me a lesson once and for all :p

forsaken1111

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 10, 2014, 07:42:27 PM

Could you make the radsuits craftable?