[MOD] (Alpha 7) Atomic Power

Started by Psyckosama, March 02, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Haplo

I think you forgot the title update. It still says alpha 5 :)

Psyckosama

Zeta Omega

A Crazy Russian

Any  way i could get a mirror download?  Media-fire refuses to give me the file.
Everybody says that im crazy, but i like to think of it as seeing the world for what it really is.

skullywag

Small bug - reactors are on when a game is loaded even if it was saved when it was off.

Nothing major, I just keep forgetting to turn it off on loading my game...so it goes boom...so i reload...it goes boom...so i rel...well you see my issue :p
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Psyckosama

Quote from: thatrussianguy on September 06, 2014, 01:14:35 AM
Any  way i could get a mirror download?  Media-fire refuses to give me the file.

I'll get one up tomorrow when I'm not amongst the walking dead...

Brains...

Psyckosama

Vas

It looks like no one is allowed to repair this.  It can't be repaired, which means it always, always, explodes after a few days of being used.  Even if you turn it off, it can not be repaired no matter how many idle repair guys I have or how much materials I have.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Vas on November 06, 2014, 04:26:55 PM
It looks like no one is allowed to repair this.  It can't be repaired, which means it always, always, explodes after a few days of being used.  Even if you turn it off, it can not be repaired no matter how many idle repair guys I have or how much materials I have.

Did you unforbid it?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Vas

I thought I had.  I mean I clicked the button once just to see, but it put a red X on the building so I clicked it again.  Anyway, this thing is suicide to repair, I can't use it.  My colonists will end up burning through medical packs faster than I can produce them.  I miss the Better Power mod.  It had so much stuff I liked.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Haplo

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Vas on November 06, 2014, 05:05:04 PM
I thought I had.  I mean I clicked the button once just to see, but it put a red X on the building so I clicked it again.  Anyway, this thing is suicide to repair, I can't use it.  My colonists will end up burning through medical packs faster than I can produce them.  I miss the Better Power mod.  It had so much stuff I liked.

Didn't you just say you couldn't repair it? Now you can but it is suicide? If so, just make sure you unforbid it after deactivating it and forbid it before starting it up again and you shouldn't get radiation poisoning. Also keep in mind that there is a known bug where the reactor starts activated every time a save is loaded so make sure you always set it to forbidden before saving. If you're unsure if its activated or not check the glow, if its glowing green its running.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Vas

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 05:10:39 PM
Quote from: Vas on November 06, 2014, 05:05:04 PM

Didn't you just say you couldn't repair it? Now you can but it is suicide? If so, just make sure you unforbid it after deactivating it and forbid it before starting it up again and you shouldn't get radiation poisoning. Also keep in mind that there is a known bug where the reactor starts activated every time a save is loaded so make sure you always set it to forbidden before saving. If you're unsure if its activated or not check the glow, if its glowing green its running.

I've never been able to repair it, no.  I drafted a colonist, and made him stand next to the reactor, locked the door behind him, then undrafted, he still didn't repair, and all his vital organs and every part of his body was hit with instant radiation damage that took a while to heal.  There needs to be a radiation suit or something.  :P  The core shouldn't be leaking radiation like that if it is built properly.  Maybe if it drops below 50% HP, but not before.  :P

I'll try unforbidding it again tomorrow, but when I did, it put an X on the building so I'm not sure.  I thought it starts out unforbidden.  However, I do know that even standing next to it for 1 second causes a lot of radiation damage that causes your colonist to become vitally sick and need immediate medical attention.  This is a huge medical drain.

EDIT: It starts out unforbidden.  Clicking the option marks it as forbidden.  So, this power plant is unrepairable.