No sowing/growing during cold snap, even when cold snap not cold.

Started by Idara, August 09, 2016, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idara

Had a Cold Snap event, which started at about -5 degrees C, and my pawns stopped sowing etc as expected. However, as the cold snap continued, the temperature started to rise, and I'm now seeing about 19 degrees C, but my crops *still* aren't growing and nothing is being sown, because it is still technically a 'cold snap'.

Running the latest version with no mods, 100% vanilla.

Save game and log file attached (I hope).

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

milon

I confirm:  No mods according to log file, no errors in log file, cannot right-click prioritize sowing, temperature is 20'C.

I loaded Idara's save and checked the zones - no restrictions or other improper zoning exists that I can find.  Grow Zones are not forbidden.  I drafted a colonist and forced the pawn over to a growing zone, and the cold snap ended while the colonist was travelling.  I undrafted the colonist and it immediately went to do a different job.  I still could not force sowing even though the cold snap had ended.

I loaded a colony of my own (also latest RimWorld, no mods) and I *can* right-click prioritize sowing.  I reloaded Idara's and tried again.  Cold snap did not end, and I cannot prioritize sowing.

Conclusion: Either there's a zoning (etc) problem that I'm missing, or else there really is a bug in the save file.  Can anyone else confirm?

ItchyFlea

I don't think this is a bug. The growing zones remain off limits for about a day after a coldsnap event ends. After that the growers will restart planting crops.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

milon

I would expect that Cold Snap itself to have no impact on being able to plant or not.  I would expect the local temperature to determine that.  Consider an outdoor grow zone in the desert.  It would be quite hot, and a Cold Snap would likely not make it cold enough to prevent/interrupt growing.  Would it still make sense for growing to be off limits then?

It may not be a bug per se but rather (IMO) a design oversight.

milon

I think I'm seeing the same inexplicable behavior here (save game attached, no mods).  It's currently mid or late winter, but it's over 10'C.  To date there have been no Cold Snap events in this game.  I changed a plot of berries into haygrass.  I expected colonists to replant and to be able to prioritize planting.  I cannot.  Occasionally (less than once per day) a colonist or two will prioritize planting, but I cannot determine what conditions must be met in order to allow planting to occur.  I used to be able to prioritize planting (before winter came), but it's currently warm enough that the existing haygrass is growing at 100%.

Can anyone explain this?  Or is there really a bug present?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]