Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombra

Hydroponic marijuana seems like a no-brainer!   ;)

SimpleMachine88

Thanks Tynan,

I forgot this, so I edited it in.  But is marijuana supposed to not be growable hydroponically?

Tynan

Quote from: SimpleMachine88 on August 19, 2016, 05:57:46 PM
Thanks Tynan,

I forgot this, so I edited it in.  But is marijuana supposed to not be growable hydroponically?

It is now, I fixed that.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

I've just updated the unstable branch with a new build.

-Added Luciferium (see blog post)
-Addiction tuning/timing completely reworked
-Traders carry drugs a lot more now, and properly
-Mood shown on colonist row at top of screen
-Misc fixes

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2016, 08:00:01 PM
I've just updated the unstable branch with a new build.

-Added Luciferium (see blog post)
-Addiction tuning/timing completely reworked
-Traders carry drugs a lot more now, and properly
-Mood shown on colonist row at top of screen
-Misc fixes

I don't see anything about Luciferium in the blog post.

ShadowTani

Nice, these drugs are like cheap alternatives to the pain and mood brain implants. x3 And I'm very excited to try out the deep drilling mechanism.

Only one bummer for me so far, and that is that one can't make kibble from hay anymore. Was that intended? Or an oversight when it got moved into the new plant matter group?

Tynan

Quote from: ShadowTani on August 19, 2016, 08:25:13 PM
Nice, these drugs are like cheap alternatives to the pain and mood brain implants. x3 And I'm very excited to try out the deep drilling mechanism.

Only one bummer for me so far, and that is that one can't make kibble from hay anymore. Was that intended? Or an oversight when it got moved into the new plant matter group?

An oversight. Will fix.

SimpleMachine88

For anyone wondering Luciferium is

Pain x80
Consciousness +25
Moving +25
Blood Filtration +70
Blood Pumping +15
Metabolism +10
Breathing +20
Sight +20
Hearing +20

and yes, it stack with amphetamines.  The only thing is, I don't know how to make it.  It's not at the drug table.  I don't think you can roll its addiction at the start, which is probably good.

The mood display is very useful, and well implemented.

@Mike
It's there, it's been added to the A15 features preview page.

Tynan

Another quick fix to a game-breaking bug that happens on colonist death, just released.

ReZpawner

Quote from: Tynan on August 19, 2016, 09:09:33 PM
Another quick fix to a game-breaking bug that happens on colonist death, just released.

Either I didn't get that update, or that bug is very much still there.
Edit: build 0.15.1270.

Edit2: Never mind. Think I got it now - also noticed that the build version doesn't change despite updates.

Tynan

MikeLemmer

Tynan, question: what do you consider the "default" Storyteller/Difficulty for balance-testing purposes?

applefoot

I've made a post about this on Reddit, but after looking around, I suppose this is the place it belongs. Nevertheless I will link the post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/4ylnxn/issue_with_alpha_15s_introduction_of_marijuana/

When you harvest marijuana plants in Alpha 15, the product is a box of leaves. However, the potent part of a marijuana plant is the flower (bud). Harvesting just the leaves to smoke would be quite inefficient ;)
The artwork for the box of leaves is fantastic, but perhaps for the sake of accuracy, it should be changed to a box of trimmed, dried bud.

I did a quick search through the 6 pages on this thread and didn't see this mentioned. I may have missed it. If I did, I apologize.

Feyda

Pretty interesting so far.  Any plans to tweak market values on the drugs?  Right now the value of crafted drugs vs the value of the components to make those drugs is pretty minuscule.  I started a "raider" colony focused around the idea of growing / producing drugs and right now there doesn't seem to be much advantage to producing final products vs just growing the base plants as a cash crop.  Also, with the advanced drugs, seems about the best you can hope for is to break even due to the cost of the neutroamine (impossible to craft?). 

Also, I like the concept of being able to call for a trade caravan, but with the high cost (well high for early and mid game) you may want to consider adding an option for what kind of caravan arrives.  Kinda stinks to request one then have it show up and not be able to buy the kind of goods you actually have to trade.

Spinkick

Can marijuana be made into a material? We should be able to make hemp shirts and hemp pants :D