Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumblemumble

Lack of description on neolithic cooler. An explanation on what it is, and how it works would be nice, something about evaporative cooling
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Lys

Not sure if mentioned, didn't read the whole thread. Wort does not seem to spoil even though it has a spoilage timer displayed. But I like the changes.

On an unrelated note, have you thought about reworking the growing system in the future? Currently I feel it is a bit simplistic as you can just grow an unlimited amount of any plants without needing seeds first. The grow skill limitation is a start I guess, but plants in general could have much more depth if they are harder to obtain. Maybe there should be a few types scattered around the map that you can harvest and recultivate, other types might be available by trading seeds/cuttings... At the moment I just plant a bit of rice for starting food and then tons of corn. Having different conditions might make that more interesting, especially as different plants might have different reproduction capabilites.

Ukanda

when enemy comto siege I capture their mortar and my colonist re install mortar i can build mortar no need to research at all by use copy button. and i still got random binge from drug like alcolhol but i dont even produce any beer yet how can they get binge

SimpleMachine88

This is just a minor complaint: can't consume unprepared coca leaves.

Coca leaves can, and actually traditionally are, consumed without preparation.  The leaves when chewed, or brewed as a simple tea, are a mild non-addictive stimulant/hunger suppressant roughly similar to coffee. 

MikeLemmer

Tynan: How long is alcohol withdrawal supposed to last?

One of my starting colonists had an alcohol addiction. It's been 15 days without alcohol and she's showing no signs of recovery.

MikeLemmer

Alcohol withdrawal seems OP.

It's been 18 days since she's had a beer. She's still puking and wandering around in a sad daze. Stats say she's spent 2.5 days wandering sadly. At this point I don't want to make beer just to see how long her withdrawal lasts.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: ReZpawner on August 22, 2016, 09:56:22 PM
Any way to use older savegames in the new update? I keep getting errors with the new drug system.

You need to edit your saved game. Look for the assignedDrugDatabase tags, and replace that entire section with this:

<drugPolicyDatabase>
<policies>
<li>
<uniqueId>1</uniqueId>
<label>Social drugs</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
<li>
<uniqueId>2</uniqueId>
<label>No drugs</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
<li>
<uniqueId>3</uniqueId>
<label>Unrestricted</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
<li>
<uniqueId>4</uniqueId>
<label>One drink per day</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
<usage>Scheduled</usage>
<takeToInventory>1</takeToInventory>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
</policies>
</drugPolicyDatabase>

This will reset it to the default settings with the new drug policy system.

ReZpawner

Quote from: MarvinKosh on August 23, 2016, 01:07:51 AM
Quote from: ReZpawner on August 22, 2016, 09:56:22 PM
Any way to use older savegames in the new update? I keep getting errors with the new drug system.

You need to edit your saved game. Look for the assignedDrugDatabase tags, and replace that entire section with this:

<drugPolicyDatabase>
<policies>
<li>
<uniqueId>1</uniqueId>
<label>Social drugs</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
<li>
<uniqueId>2</uniqueId>
<label>No drugs</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
<li>
<uniqueId>3</uniqueId>
<label>Unrestricted</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
<li>
<uniqueId>4</uniqueId>
<label>One drink per day</label>
<drugs>
<li>
<drug>Beer</drug>
<usage>Scheduled</usage>
<takeToInventory>1</takeToInventory>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Joint</drug>
<usage>ForJoy</usage>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Yayo</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Flake</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>GoJuice</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Amphetamine</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>MalariBlock</drug>
</li>
<li>
<drug>Luciferium</drug>
</li>
</drugs>
</li>
</policies>
</drugPolicyDatabase>

This will reset it to the default settings with the new drug policy system.

Excellent stuff. Cheers!

MikeLemmer

This alcohol withdrawal is absurd.

It's been almost 2 seasons since one of my colonists crashlanded with alcohol addiction. She's going into sad wanders twice a day still. According to the stats, she's spent nearly 6 days total in mental breaks (all of which have been from the withdrawal), which is almost as much time as she's spent sleeping.

I could plant hops and ferment some beer to relieve it, but I'm holding out to see just how long it lasts. I suspect it may be indefinite.

UPDATE: Oh come on. She finally breaks out of 2 sad wanders to sleep, then when she wakes up she immediately goes back into another sad wander! At this rate she's going to starve herself to death from withdrawal. Something has to be wrong here, her mental breaks are only getting worse as time goes on.

Tynan

I'm gonna rebalance addiction a bit, you'll see it on my todo from my last post :)

That said it is supposed to be pretty serious.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ReZpawner

Speaking of alcohol addiction, my husky got into the alcohol (the thieving little bitch), and now I keep getting an error. Husky191919 threw exception while determining job (main): System.NullReferenceException blah di blah di blah RimWorld.JobGiver SatisfyDrugDesire.DrugValidator and so on and so forth.

Going to shoot her in her fucking head for causing this error. Her blood is on your hands, Mr. Sylvester. She was only 8, and did nothing wrong other than...well, she was a thieving bitch as previously stated.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 23, 2016, 04:33:04 AM
I'm gonna rebalance addiction a bit, you'll see it on my todo from my last post :)

That said it is supposed to be pretty serious.

She got damn near unusable near the end there. She was going into 2 sad wanderings a day, 2 seasons after kicking the booze.

Anyway, she finally recovered from it 34 days later. Now I can start planting hops...

My other colonist developed a marijuana dependency in the meantime. We'll see how long it takes him to kick the habit...

Doc Savage NDMF

While all of the drug and addiction/withdrawal stuff is making colony life interesting, I'm finding the the whole lack of leadership/common good/survival/inability to detain people who are clearly hurting themselves and putting everyone in jeopardy hard to keep down.

The incident in the post above when the break happened at the wrong time would still be totally legit, but having to just sit back and watch psychotic behavior after that raid was done doesn't fly.

Having to deal with little Jimmy after he's broken into the storage and having to deal with the repercussions of confining him to a room and deal with the having to guard/feed/treat as necessary should be a thing just as much as the addiction.

Having pawns that refuse to do violent or are not capable of guarding/arresting etc; having a replacement use for melee and the big stick/club should be on the table as well.

It seems the game is taking a very long road that's balancing behaviors to avoid the obvious. A group like this would have some sort of organization. Some sort of "law". For some players it would be very lax, for others it would be named Marshal... But they would have it.

Have to say this "unstable" test branch has been one of the most stable games I've ever run. That in and of itself is rather incredible. Had the pop happen after a long time without saving, otherwise not a single glitch.
_   

Slan

EDIT : this was a bug : wrong post place

AndrewH

So I've got an alcoholic prisoner, who's almost permanently "sad wandering", because I can't actually feed her beer. I understand that withdrawal and drugging prisoners are both being addressed, but there's an additional unexpected side-effect: she's probably the happiest person in the base. Those three stacks of catharsis from end-to-end mental breaks really make her happy.