Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

This update rewrote how deep resources are generated, so to give high quality feedback you'd need to start a new map.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

sc4s2cg

Drug Addiction tab in the learning helper: 3rd paragraph, withdrawal is spelled "widthdrawal". Minor, but figured it's a quick fix.

I posted this under the bugs forum too, before I knew about this thread.

Ambigore

This might seem minor, but the backstory "Biosphere Manager" forbids plant cutting, even though the backstory describes how the pawn "managed the plant life" of a glitterworld.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Ambigore on August 23, 2016, 11:27:32 PM
This might seem minor, but the backstory "Biosphere Manager" forbids plant cutting, even though the backstory describes how the pawn "managed the plant life" of a glitterworld.

I think that means he just grew plants instead of cutting them down.

MikeLemmer

Withdrawal might be too easy now. I had a colonist start with cocaine addiction, it lasted for 18 days and she didn't have a single Mental Break that entire time.

Ambigore

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 23, 2016, 11:31:48 PM
Quote from: Ambigore on August 23, 2016, 11:27:32 PM

I think that means he just grew plants instead of cutting them down.

I know, but it seems a little immersion breaking. The person's supposed to manage a biosphere, but won't cut plants. Doesn't really gel. If it's because the person's a manager who refuses to get dirty, I think the backstory should emphasis that a little more. However, the backstory provides a significant "Growing" bonus, so it suggests the person does indeed get dirty.

Zalzany

Is it just me or is drug policy not working? every time I go back into it says I have no policy. My people are smoking pot all day now, when ever they feel like it they grab some for joy, but I specifically set it for only low mood peons. But ever time I go to the menu it says I didn't select one. Am I missing a confirm button some were I just see close...

ReZpawner

IngestionOutcomeDoer_OffsetNeed now applies toleranceChemical, so having a tolerance mean you need more of a drug to satisfy your need.

This part could really use a tooltip explaining how much more they need. All of my colonists are off their tits on coke, but I have no idea how much I'll need. Currently I have a pretty good supply (Pablo Escobar would be proud), but it's impossible for me to know just how much they'll need to sustain their habits.

Also, does this also include luciferium? I have 140 of them waiting in my storage for testing, but I'm not sure that's something I want to do if I cannot get enough to supply the people with it, due to the massive penalties if I should run out.

MikeLemmer

With the recent sowing crop changes, it seems like colonists are increasing their Growing skill more than ever. I've had a colonist with Passionate Growing go from 11 to 15 over 2 seasons.

Tynan

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 24, 2016, 03:39:53 AM
With the recent sowing crop changes, it seems like colonists are increasing their Growing skill more than ever. I've had a colonist with Passionate Growing go from 11 to 15 over 2 seasons.

Thanks, that would make perfect sense.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Tynan on August 24, 2016, 03:53:28 AM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 24, 2016, 03:39:53 AM

Thanks, that would make perfect sense.

I double-checked her starting Growing value. I underestimated it... she went from 6 to 15 over the course of 39 days. And that was just with Passionate (100% learning rate).

Doc Savage NDMF

Many thanks for the edge buffer. I can now use both the learning menu and the sorted inventory list with no issues.
(edit: Nevermind. It's just the top rows as it's always been. get down past meds and I can't touch the arrows without the game flying off to the left. Pain in the arse...)

Thank you also for burning clothes in a campfire... And the drugs.

Possible to have a slight mood debuff for burning clothes due to the smell, especially if doing this indoors?
As for burning drugs; some of the chemicals could be quite nasty.
For plant matter it could be a high and a low...
"oh, there goes ma drugs"
"oooh, contact high..."
If done in an enclosed space, everyone in an area could be effected, at least if they go within a tile or two of the fire.
I don't think this should result in addiction, but could potentially alter a pawn to want to try it again... Which could.
_

kuledude

Animal AI is quite buggy, you can see it in this guys stream
https://www.twitch.tv/disnof/v/85317778
Most notably the Animal AI flips out at: 3:57:50
He promptly suggested afterwards(2-3 minutes after the incident) to add the Release animals as a "Attack This" command similiarly to what Pawns have when they are Drafted.

kasnavada

About drug & drug names...

I'd favor going all the way to "fantasy" drug names for all but alcohol.

Cannabis for example being by default a "social" drug is fine by me but in places I've lived in... not quite so. Mostly it's illegal, even if quite tolerated. Same, I'd leave out the names of the plants : coca & cannabis, and replace them by some either more obscure or somewhat obfuscated. There is going to be endless stupid debate about that.

About "yayo" and "flake" bother cater to cocaine addition and such but the flavor text of the drugs don't show it, or I have not found it. "Products" should show what addition they cause and "cure".

LightOfTheMoon

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but drilling gold has allowed me to reach ridiculous wealth relatively quickly. Perhaps if less gold was mined per cycle, it would be less dramatic. Just a thought  :D