Bad ass colonist

Started by americany13, March 08, 2014, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

americany13

When you get to a certain point all colonist feel the same. If one dies then you just replace them and move on. It would be cool if the max level for each job was increased so you could have colonist with crazy skill levels that your colony relies on. This would make you think a lot more when sending your colonists to deal with raiders. To balance it you could have it where only 1 or 2 of your starting colonist could get such high levels.

Anyway great game and I can't wait to see what changes are made in alpha 3.

Vas

Nah, colonists become pretty over powered anyway as time passes.  It is extremely easy for me to survive even maximum raids even with my colonists not at high levels.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Darker

I agree particulary with the OP, but what I would do is adding diferent MAX levels for different colonists.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT

Ekornserk

Quote from: Darker on March 09, 2014, 05:22:13 AM
I agree particulary with the OP, but what I would do is adding diferent MAX levels for different colonists.
It should be a one-off player choice that made a colonist more unique.

Maybe a way to assign a "head of mining" to the colony. Only one colonist can have this role, and is allowed to obtain a higher level of skill. Maybe at the cost of becoming unable to perform other jobs?

One-time special interactions with colonists makes each colonist stand out more and makes a more rememberable story.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Ekornserk link=topic=2460.msg22518#msg22518
One-time special interactions with colonists makes each colonist stand out more and makes a more rememberable story.
/quote]
Fire Emblem-style special interactions? :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Battle Al

I feel you could already mold the colonists to be this bad ass coloniat if you prioritize it well. I for one have a lvl 19 miner and a lvl 17 socializer, while replacing them is a sitch, their replacements not being as effective is very noticable therefore I keep them both at the back of a fireing line to keep them safe. While replacing people that you've previously recruited is simple and regretless, trying to replace the three starting survivors, if you have people with over 10 in a specific category, is not as easy.

To me, the three survivors are my badass characters... Untill my researcher has researched all I need in the first few days.