[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

najay

I'm confused how do I download this if I have a non-steam version

harpo99999

assuming you have logged into the forum, you should be able to see an attachment in the bottom of the original post, note the mod REQUIRES ccl, which at present from my limited knowledge has not completed being updated to a15 yet, so the mod will not work in a15 but works in a14

1 Kiwi

This could probably work for A16 without noticeable issues.. right? I don't see how it wouldn't but I'll give it a shot nevertheless.

Oh, and thanks for the no-CCL build!  ;)
Dusty keyboard

Love

Quote from: Poet on December 21, 2016, 10:29:47 PM
This could probably work for A16 without noticeable issues , right? I don't see how it wouldn't but I'll give it a shot(test) nevertheless.

Oh, and thanks for the no-CCL build!  ;)
Unfortunately this mod is going to be very difficult to update to A16.

1 Kiwi

That's too bad, but that saves me the time to bother giving it a look-see
Dusty keyboard

System.Linq

If it's too difficult I'll just rewrite it from scratch, no big deal. The main roadblock is CCL being updated, because I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of detouring otherwise.

Several Puffins

Hi Psychology!

I basically nicked detours from the no CCL version of your A15 for my mod Romance Diversified- I've just updated to A16 and everything seems fine. The detours system still functions, I just had to rename some detoured functions (e.g. AttractionTo was renamed SecondaryRomanceChance, or some such thing).

Anyway, I love the mod. Best of luck updating!

Dingo

Just use HugsLib to detour. Or wait for CCL, whenever that comes.. there is a "stable" modders' release already.

Love

Quote from: Psychology on December 22, 2016, 06:59:28 PM
If it's too difficult I'll just rewrite it from scratch, no big deal. The main roadblock is CCL being updated, because I don't want to have to deal with the hassle of detouring otherwise.
HugsLib has detouring, I recommend giving that a try.

Several Puffins

Psychology: As I said, the old detour system works (more or less), but I've just migrated a mod over to detouring with HugsLib and it is SUPER easy. It's just an annotation with a type & method name. I am very impressed with UnlimitedHugs right now!

System.Linq

Alright, I've finished updating the mod to A16 and implemented all the new features. Enjoy.

New Traits
- Heavy Sleeper: This comatose pawn cannot receive mood penalties for disturbed sleep, but also has a tendency to sleep in.
- Polygamous: This pawn has too much love to share with just one person. They will be unhappy in relationships with non-polygamous pawns, and can romance multiple people.
- Open-Minded: This pawn doesn't suffer negative opinion penalties for people's appearances, and won't take appearance into account in romance.

New Misc.
- A pawn in a loving relationship is much less likely to be romanced by non-lechers.
- All pawns are graded on the Kinsey scale instead of using sexuality traits.

Fafn1r

I'm not a big fan of the balance changes. Maybe it is realistic, maybe not, but with Psychology on overall mood goes up by 20% and pawns almost never have mental breaks. It makes the game too easy.

Treason5240

Sorry for the image dimensions.

Running into these errors when attempting to use your mod (which I quite enjoy!).

Nothing prevents these traits from appearing on a pawn but all pawns seem unable to perform social interactions of any sort (including chit-chat) if there is a pawn in your group with one of the red-listed qualities.

I started with a blank slate game and only allowed Psychology and the same errors still popped up.

Draegon

Would it be possible to add thoughts about eating the crops from the more crops mod? It creates a ton of errors atm.