How to get gud at writing music (?)

Started by top_hat_tomato, August 28, 2016, 01:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

I'm an intermediate pianist with moderate experience on reed organs,pipe organs,a bit of guitar, and accordions. I've written around 10 or so songs at this point but I can NEVER write a good ending to a piece. Here's my latest piece : ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/daivufb5jlfqdtd/NewSong.wav?dl=0 ). Does anyone know of a good way to end this piece? Actually, any music-related help would be appreciated at all. I'd really love to become a more rounded writer.

Juan el Demgrafo

I haven't done anything with composing past messing around with slightly dressed up chord progressions, but I would say that maybe a "slower" ending in that you phase out each part instead of nearly everything at once? Or maybe just ending it there?
That being said, I think this is a good piece and I would love to see what you do in the future. Have you (and do you plan to) released anything to the internet or is it all on your computer's hard drive?
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.