[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Ribas

I fixed the grain problem, now you can make a simple food meal using grain.
There's no other way to produce the soil fertilizers? Using human corpses is like to eating them... I doubt that you would eat vegetables/fruits from a farm that uses humans as soil fertilizer.

Cala13er

Yeah, It's fixed in the Alpha 3 version and probably in the v0.0.1.4 if I can cba to copy that 1 part of code -_-

As for human fertilized soil.
1. It was requested and since this is the Industrial RIM BETA, I thought why not.
2. It happens in real life unfortunately, I think some US Tourists found out about it happening in a corrupt area of Nigeria.
3. I forgot to change the colonist view of it to Horrifying

Ribas

Well, you can make a normal soil fertilizer only purchased by farming trader ships.

Cala13er

Added! Will be in next version. Which I'm releasing Sunday :)

SleepyFox

Quote from: Cala13er on March 20, 2014, 05:31:53 PM
Yeah, It's fixed in the Alpha 3 version and probably in the v0.0.1.4 if I can cba to copy that 1 part of code -_-

As for human fertilized soil.
1. It was requested and since this is the Industrial RIM BETA, I thought why not.
2. It happens in real life unfortunately, I think some US Tourists found out about it happening in a corrupt area of Nigeria.
3. I forgot to change the colonist view of it to Horrifying

Not to mention the ever-present use of corpse-starch rations in Warhammer 40k, where grinding bones to make bread is pretty literal. Still, it pretty much came from the comment "BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW!" ... or rather, 'blood makes the taters grow'. So :D
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

bigwolf2101

just thought u should know your trees over take the map and cause frame lag bad at day 90-100

Cala13er

Okay, I've slowed down their spreading process.

Snick0rz

Cala13er

Quote from: Snick0rz on March 22, 2014, 09:02:03 AM
Could you add a P90 for the next release?

Sure! Will be in the next release!

More ideas are welcome :)

Snick0rz

Cool!  ;D
I've got a couple more ideas such as the FN F2000, the FN SCAR and the H&K G11, which I think would kinda fit into setting of the game.

Cala13er

Right I've made and added them :)
Will be in v0.0.1.4

user27

theres a problem with the simple meals made with grain, the colonists will do everything but eat them ( and then thay starve wile trying to eat it)

edit:   can you take a look at the growing rates for the human fertilized soil?   my potatos still take 2 day's worth of game time to grow  ( same amount as for regular soil)

Hancake

Hey Calum! Thanks for responding to my graphics thread. :)

What graphics is it you're looking to have completed?
I'm not sure how coding really works so is there a standard naming system you want me to name specific files or anything?

Thanks,

Hannah

Architect

Quote from: Hancake on March 23, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
Hey Calum! Thanks for responding to my graphics thread. :)

What graphics is it you're looking to have completed?
I'm not sure how coding really works so is there a standard naming system you want me to name specific files or anything?

Thanks,

Hannah

Save stuff as PNG's, transparencies can be used. All super simple :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

Quote from: user27 on March 23, 2014, 10:39:52 AM
theres a problem with the simple meals made with grain, the colonists will do everything but eat them ( and then thay starve wile trying to eat it)

edit:   can you take a look at the growing rates for the human fertilized soil?   my potatos still take 2 day's worth of game time to grow  ( same amount as for regular soil)

Sorry about this. As I mentioned, the mod was copied from my Alpha 3 version of the mod. It's pretty unstable and is meant to be just a sample. (Not a very good one)