[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: Demiosis on March 09, 2017, 08:38:12 PM
List of Bugs/incoherences that I've found until now:

-Straitjacket does not stop a pyromaniac from setting things on fire.
-Shoggoth having meat and leather (Actual Shoggoths are masses of corrosive protoplasmic jelly that can morph shapes at will)
-Rhombohedral Energy Weapons(They should be unusable until you've researched a high tier tech on the Forbidden knowledge center)
-MiGo Faction should be Yuggoth
-Dark Young and Shoggoth not being 100% immune to any diseases.
-Creature of the mythos sleeping at night (should be the other way around or 50/50 day and night)
*Also Sleeping related: Im not 100% sure on this one but I don't think Shoggoth actually need to sleep at all. They are after all slave creations from the Elder Things(before rebellion) and were used ceaselessly to power various machinery, guard areas, cleaning rooms or as a trash compactor/destroyer.

If i find other stuff I'll let you know..

Thank you. Let me address some concerns.

As far as how to address Shoggoths in RimWorld, I have had ideas since last September of redoing them as proper ooze. To redo them as proper ooze requires making a new class of entity for RimWorld, a sort of "liquid" entity. It would be very difficulty but very cool. I apologize for the "meat" and "leather," but they were fun ideas at the time.

As far as sleeping goes and all mythos creatures, I DESIGNED Dark Young to not rest, but then RimWorld would throw red errors everywhere when the Dark Young were tamed. So I readded their ability to rest. That is the same for most of the creatures I had in RimWorld. Removing their rest conditions, etc, caused actual game issues.

How are you getting Rhombohedral Energy Weapons?! They should be destroyed when the MiGo die? They are also unsellable and unbuyable. You shouldn't be getting those AT ALL.

Can you explain the circumstances for how Straitjackets are not preventing pyromaniacs from burning things? Do they have the straitjackets on before or after going full burninator?

One more thing. The MiGo are an interstellar empire, and Yuggoth was their outpost in the Sol system, so I don't think it makes sense for them to use Yuggoth, which is synonymous with the Pluto region of space in our own solar system. The RimWorlds should get their own similar nearby outpost and not Yuggoth.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: faltonico on March 09, 2017, 09:00:58 PM
Hello there Jecrell!
Would you please add a bill to burn strange meat at the electric crematorium? I only see it in the campfires.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Sure!
I've already made the edits. It will be in the next update.

jecrell

Industrial Age updated to 1.1.7

Changes in this update:

• Fixed bug where street lamps would continue to produce light even when breaking down.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/7829868

jecrell

Cosmic Horrors updated to 1.5.10

Changes in this update:

• Fixed a bug that prevented spawning multiple star vampires.
  • Added the ability to burn strange meat at the crematorium.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/8150563

Demiosis

To answer your question about the energy weapon , i had an actual raid of MiGo drones but they didn't had any ranged weapons and I found that odd so I've decided to check if they actually had any in the DEV mode (made another test colony) so I spawned some with the tool and these stay there and are usable by the colonist. Also, just tried to spawn a caster then kill it and it does indeed despawn when defeated so im at fault there sorry ^^'.

Straitjacket story: Colonist goes into pyro mode (from 90% mood no break chances at all to pyro so there's no way I could tell he was about to break, like the alcool/drug binge which aren't predictable at all)
Ask other colonist to put straitjacket to affected colonist.
Suceeded to put it on.
He still proceeded to try to burn my base so I had to babysit him with another drafted pawn.

MiGo Homeworld:
D20 Call of Cthulhu rulebook: in their description: come from Yuggoth and their full name are : MiGo The fungi from yuggoth.
Call of Ctulhu rulebook V5.6: in this description : with a main colony or base on yuggoth (Pluto) full name there again: MiGo The fungi from yuggoth.
Another Reference: http://kinginyellow.wikia.com/wiki/Yuggoth

ChairmanPoo

Quote from: Demiosis on March 10, 2017, 02:41:59 PM

MiGo Homeworld:
(snip)

I disagree. I think Jecrell is in the right here: In the original body of Lovecraft's work, Yuggoth is just an outpost, not the homeworld of the Mi-Go.

From "The Whisperer in Darkness", by HP Lovecraft

QuoteThe blasphemies which appeared on earth, it was hinted, came from the dark planet Yuggoth, at the rim of the solar system; but this was itself merely the populous outpost of a frightful interstellar race whose ultimate source must lie far outside even the Einsteinian space-time continuum or greatest known cosmos.

QuoteTheir main immediate abode is (...) the object mystically hinted at as "Yuggoth" in certain ancient and forbidden writings; But Yuggoth, of course, is only the stepping-stone. The main body of the beings inhabits strangely organized abysses wholly beyond the utmost reach of any human imagination. 

To visit Yuggoth would drive any weak man mad—yet I am going there. The black rivers of pitch that flow under those mysterious cyclopean bridges—things built by some elder race extinct and forgotten before the beings came to Yuggoth from the ultimate voids—ought to be enough to make any man a Dante or Poe if he can keep sane long enough to tell what he has seen.

------------------------------------

As for the Dark Young: Suggestion: Make them sleepless and untameable? The summon dark young spell could be changed with an object which, once targeted at a character, spawned several manhunter Dark Young on map who proceeded to pounce the target. Could prove interesting as a siege weapon.

Demiosis

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/wid.aspx

*I don't think they are talking ONLY about the MiGo here. Also, Yuggoth is probably the resting place of a Gate to summon even dreader things*
It seemed plain to us, also, that there were ancient and elaborate alliances between the hidden outer creatures and certain members of the human race. How extensive these alliances were, and how their state today might compare with their state in earlier ages, we had no means of guessing; yet at best there was room for a limitless amount of horrified speculation. There seemed to be an awful, immemorial linkage in several definite stages betwixt man and nameless infinity. The blasphemies which appeared on earth, it was hinted, came from the dark planet Yuggoth, at the rim of the solar system; but this was itself merely the populous outpost of a frightful interstellar race whose ultimate source must lie far outside even the Einsteinian space-time continuum or greatest known cosmos.

*this version differ slighty from yours where did you got your text?*
Their main immediate abode is a still undiscovered and almost lightless planet at the very edge of our solar system—beyond Neptune, and the ninth in distance from the sun. It is, as we have inferred, the object mystically hinted at as "Yuggoth" in certain ancient and forbidden writings; and it will soon be the scene of a strange focussing of thought upon our world in an effort to facilitate mental rapport.

*The ultimate void most likely refer to their race being non-existent at this moment then created by another cosmic entity that's now long dead.*
To visit Yuggoth would drive any weak man mad—yet I am going there. The black rivers of pitch that flow under those mysterious cyclopean bridges—things built by some elder race extinct and forgotten before the beings came to Yuggoth from the ultimate voids—ought to be enough to make any man a Dante or Poe if he can keep sane long enough to tell what he has seen.

ChairmanPoo

Wikimedia commons. I abridged the paragraph though, hence the (...)

I think the text very clearly and specifically refers to the Mi-Go and not to other, unnamed creatures (which don't really appear in-story).

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Whisperer_in_Darkness/full

Pd: also hinted at in "At the mountains of madness"

It was curious to note from the pictured battles that both the Cthulhu spawn and the Mi-Go seem to have been composed of matter more widely different from that which we know than was the substance of the Old Ones. They were able to undergo transformations and reintegrations impossible for their adversaries, and seem therefore to have originally come from even remoter gulfs of the cosmic space

Caminha

Is it possible to sacrifice pawns for favor only?

ChairmanPoo

You auto-gain favor when sacrificig.  I dont think yyou can do human sacrifice withotu spells tho

Dragoon

This mod is awesome, I love seeing it get more and more epic.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

gehennianviceroy

I just wanted to say, this mod has consumed me. I absolutely love it.

I've played since I first saw your thread and my colony since has been nothing but for the glory of Dagon.

Checking back in today, I see we have updates! Definitely going to be squeezing some time in before work.

Keep it up!

jecrell

jecrell

The Elder Things RELEASED!

Description
In this mod, The Elder Things will be added to your game as a playable race. They have custom skeletal structures, sounds, a custom faction, and a custom scenario. The Elder Things are a mixture of plantlike and amphibian biology. They had an advanced society that predated humanity, but they were destroyed when their slaves rebelled. The survivors still require other races to perform their labors for them.

Preview Image

Features
New Playable Alien Race - Elder Things added to your game.

• Playable Elder Things added
  • Elder Things scenario added.
  • Elder Things also have a rare faction that appears in the frozen wastes.
Download
Patreon
Steam Workshop

Planned Update:
*Biogenesis features and the ability to create Shoggoth slaves.