Alpha 3 release date?

Started by a89a89, March 25, 2014, 09:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a89a89

When do you think alpha 3 will be release?

Thunder Rahja

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Plasmatic

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 25, 2014, 10:24:09 PM
2014? :D

Yes, April (next month) this year..

I for one cannot wait! Love every single change in the change log.. and I am so looking forward to the day it does release!

Such a big update and factions are going to be very interesting.

Phienyx

Quote from: Plasmatic on March 25, 2014, 10:34:27 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 25, 2014, 10:24:09 PM
2014? :D

Yes, April (next month) this year..

I for one cannot wait! Love every single change in the change log.. and I am so looking forward to the day it does release!

Such a big update and factions are going to be very interesting.

Where can I view the changelog for A3 or has that not been released publically yet?

Hancake

Is there an update every month or is it just as and when Tynan decides to have one?

Anyone got a date rather than just 'April'?

Nasikabatrachus

Tynan has said that he wants to do roughly monthly releases. Somewhere on his twitter feed he announced that this month's release would be delayed until some time in April because of some technical problems and because of his trip to GDC.

Semmy

At the moment i havent heard or see Tynan mention a release date.
He is working very hard on it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

ShadowTani

This is the to-do list he posted a while ago: http://puu.sh/7h9ob.png
If we compare that one with the change log we can estimate that the current work flow is:
  • Hydroponics = Relatively Complete
  • Cultures and Factions = Work in Progress (possibly just some work left on culture and refactoring)
  • Equipment System = Work in Progress (barely started)
  • Reachability Graph = TBA
  • Combat Work (Artillery System) = TBA
In addition Tynan been trying to tackle usability issues in this update; but I'll assume only the most prevalent issues will be dealt with for A3, and that he'll continue to look into this for A4 and beyond.

Regardless, it may look like there's a lot left, but the faction and culture system is the biggest meatball for A3, so once that is off the plate the rest shouldn't take too long - might need at least a full week on the equipment system tho. My estimates might not be accurate though as I only really have experience with programming on hobby-basis.

Semmy

Besides all that alot of work is still put into the modding system which atm is being tested alot.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Thunder Rahja

Be thankful he doesn't seem to have a hat obsession like those creeps over at Valve do.

ShadowTani

Quote from: Thunder1 on March 26, 2014, 08:49:23 PM
Be thankful he doesn't seem to have a hat obsession like those creeps over at Valve do.

Well, not to crush your faith in humanity, but ... integrating hats is one of the to-do items found under the Equipment system. x3

Tynan

Artillery stuff won't be in A3, I'm afraid. Maybe not equipment either. I'd like to get a version out ASAP; I'm shifting gears from "throw new stuff into the game" mode to "actually play what you created and fix the problems with it". A lot of these fixes/adjustments have to do with issues held over from A1 and A2, especially regarding the AI handling complex new stockpiling and billing systems.

You should also note that A3 will include music, which I think really adds to the game.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hancake

Quote from: Thunder1 on March 26, 2014, 08:49:23 PM

Creeps? They employ about 300 people, it's a bit harsh to brand them all creeps.

I can't help but notice a distinct Steam-Hate on this forum which isn't really that pleasant, though everyone else has been really friendly and lovely..