[A16] RimFridge

Started by Vendan, October 17, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vendan

Adds refrigerated racks to keep food and other perishables cold. Ideal for use in dining rooms, freeing up labour from feeding prisoners, or keeping food on hand for cooks.

Comes in both 1x1 and 1x2 versions.

Includes awesome sprites thanks to Shinzy
Mod Spotlight video

Get it here: https://andyleap.net/RimFridge/RimFridge.zip

Changelog:

• Graphics fixes
  • Added support for beers, and beers that are kept cold in a RimFridge now give a +5 "Enjoyed a cold one" thought when drunk
  • Update to A16
  • Add support for any rottable item, including from mods.  Let me know if there's items that aren't showing up in the storage settings.
  • Fix for issue with fixed storage settings on load
  • Fixing issue with a null exception when a bottle of beer that has been made "Frosty" is equipped as a weapon

Supercheese

Hah, these look pretty cool!

Pun intended.

Shinzy

skyarkhangel

BMS

Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

pktongrimworld

WOOOT REFRIGERATORS AGAIN

BMS

Quote from: Vendan on October 17, 2016, 06:09:57 PM
Comes in both 1x1 and 1x2 versions.

Includes awesome sprites thanks to Shinzy

this is right up there with RT storage and a game without RT storage is like a day without coffee for me.  I recently found myself skipping cooking all together and just devmode food for my guys (though i craft 5000 rifles to get a good one go figure).  In order to keep the cheaters like me in check maybe a "food assembly machine" fridge on both sides 2x->machine->1x research level 1 2 3 for lavish maybe upgradeable to 4x 6x 8x -> machine - 1x could still keep the fridge in the prison rooms cuz i love that.
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

jecrell

I love the simplistic space age style and glasswork that Shinzy did. Also kudos. I'll have to check it out when I have time. I clearly need to learn a thing or two from what you did here, because it looks far more refined than my effort in the industrial age object pack I did for Call of Cthulhu.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Dingo

Otakugirl

This looks so awesome! Please tell me it's on Steam as well?

Vendan

Quote from: Otakugirl on October 18, 2016, 05:49:36 AM
This looks so awesome! Please tell me it's on Steam as well?
Yeap, third most popular mod this week, so far.  And it hasn't even been out a week yet :D

jmababa

Nice work now I can use these for my pets their hay won't spoil haha or I won't have to build them their own freezer. It's still good to feed prisoners It increases their likeness of negotiator so i don't use it there. And if have lots of space might use this in my dinning room too which i don't in arid desert now cause this is just captured old building

Edit: how much power freezers use?

Vendan

New Version

Added support for beers, and beers that are kept cold in a RimFridge now give a +5 "Enjoyed a cold one" thought when drunk

jmababa

Thank you now I can keep my beers cold and why does it make room hot

Vendan

Can't just magically get rid of heat.  It's a rather marginal amount of heat generation though.