[A16] Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes v1.4 & Vanilla Tweaks v1.3 (updated 1/20)

Started by Zhentar, November 05, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Sounds good except for the scars for poorly tended wounds.  Would you be able to remove / toggle that option or make separate mods?  Thanks for considering. :)

Zhentar

Quote from: Alenerel on November 14, 2016, 11:08:30 AM
Can you remove or make an option to turn off the scars thing to please people like me?
Quote from: Alenerel on November 14, 2016, 04:03:46 PM
Sorry for asking so much but could you upload your mods to the workshop?

I have no interest in doing either. The source is available on github; someone else is free to do either/both.

Alenerel

I would love to use the fix but the scarring... I think its unfair since there is no way to fix scars. If there was a way then it would be ok.

If I knew how to code I would to it myself and even create many other mods like this with tweaks.

EldVarg

Zhentar, you should add dates to the version numbers. Easier to see what's changed.

Rock5

That sunlamp thing looks awesome. So by just waving a sunlamp plan around I can easily tell the fertility? Cool. With this I wont need that mod that makes fertile soil darker. This is better because it helps you find fertile soil, soil, gravel, etc. if it works the way I think.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Zhentar

Quote from: EldVarg on November 23, 2016, 11:11:42 PM
Zhentar, you should add dates to the version numbers. Easier to see what's changed.

Good idea, I'll add them tonight.

The sun lamp planner works just like the beauty tool, following the cursor and labeling all the tiles in range, showing the average of all the tiles by the cursor. You can indeed easily see which tiles are gravel, stone, or fertile, and since it shows the average you can just wave the mouse around to find the optimal placement, without counting out any tiles.

Rock5

I didn't notice the number. Even awesomer!

I remember from my days of counting soil that to have an accurate count I would have to omit the square that the sunlamp is on. Do you do that?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Ah, also, can you increase the average number to 3 decimal places? 2 decimal places doesn't change with small changes of fertility.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Zhentar

Quote from: Rock5 on November 24, 2016, 10:59:44 PM
I remember from my days of counting soil that to have an accurate count I would have to omit the square that the sunlamp is on. Do you do that?

I do indeed skip the center sunlamp square.

I went ahead and added a third decimal place in honor of your pursuit of the minmaxing ideal. And it now looks under floors too, so you can decide whether or not you want to rip up a room to put in a greenhouse.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Ok reviewed my selection of mods. Loaded them all up but when I checked the SunLamp it doesn't show the fertility values. Tweaks is loaded last. Any ideas?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Zhentar

It's a separate planning tool on the orders tab. But now that you mention it, showing the fertility on the sunlamp itself too would make sense.

Facepunch

Oh my god finally scars can happen. Is it a 100% chance for scarring, or nah?

Rock5

Quote from: Zhentar on December 02, 2016, 02:55:58 PM
It's a separate planning tool on the orders tab. But now that you mention it, showing the fertility on the sunlamp itself too would make sense.
Oh. Ok. I have so many tools in the orders tabs now that I missed it.

A separate tool is better because you don't start with the sunlamp with tribal start.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport