[A16] Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes v1.4 & Vanilla Tweaks v1.3 (updated 1/20)

Started by Zhentar, November 05, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Yes, that's much better. Could be a little more verbose. Like what's "No area limit"? That's not obvious.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Rock5 on January 21, 2017, 06:49:39 AM
Yes, that's much better. Could be a little more verbose. Like what's "No area limit"? That's not obvious.

Does "No area limit" imply we don't need to run "Area Unlocker"?

If it does, wonder what else I missed.

Rock5

Zhentar did you ever do anything with the jobgive OptimizeApparel? I saw a reference to it in an older version of tweaks.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Zhentar

I did in A15, but took it out for A16 because it was more or less superseded by changes in it (not that I think the A16 logic is perfect, but it's not bad enough that I've cared to tweak it further).

jpinard

Zhentar (or anyone) can I use this wonderful sounding mod for game in-progress?  I have a game I'm 20 real-world hours into and I really don't want to have to wait until my next game to have these fixes.  Thanks! :)

Zhentar

Both of these mods (all of my mods, in fact) can be installed or uninstalled with in-progress games.

System.Linq

Regarding the "gaydar fix": It's totally redundant combined with Psychology and is not only incompatible but completely unnecessary. Psychology already has that functionality and uses its own sexuality system.

Alenerel

Quote from: Linq on February 05, 2017, 03:38:45 AM
Regarding the "gaydar fix": It's totally redundant combined with Psychology and is not only incompatible but completely unnecessary. Psychology already has that functionality and uses its own sexuality system.

Not everyone use/like the psychology mod.

BlackSmokeDMax

I included your Zhentar Tweaks mod in with HardcoreSK Survival (newer branch by OwlChemist) but don't seem to be able to use the planning tool for the sunlamp. Just wondering if you know whether or not any of these mods are conflicting off the top of you head:

edit: To be clear, it is not even showing up in the menus. So it isn't that it is there and not working, I'm not even seeing it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1393</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>ZhentarFix</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>RW_ResearchTree</li>
    <li>CombatRealism</li>
    <li>Core_SK</li>
    <li>Survival HardcoreSK</li>
    <li>SeedsPlease_SK</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>Breakdowns</li>
    <li>kNumbers</li>
    <li>RW_AreaUnlocker</li>
    <li>RW_EnhancedTabs</li>
    <li>RW_Manager</li>
    <li>WorkTab</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>Camp</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse</li>
    <li>Infused_CR</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield</li>
    <li>WorldPawnGC</li>
    <li>ColonistBar_KF</li>
    <li>QualityBuilder</li>
    <li>Miniaturisation</li>
    <li>Moody</li>
    <li>ZhentarTweaks</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

Zhentar Fixes was already part of the modpack and I didn't change it's location, I added Miniaturisation, Quality Builder, and ZhentarTweaks, and turned Moody back on (was already in pack) I have not used dev mode to research the sunlamp, but I may try that and then quit the game before saving if that is worth the effort...

If you can take a quick look that's great, and if you don't have the time, not exactly a game ender for me :)

Appreciate both mods very much!

RemingtonRyder

Hey Zhentar,

With Vanilla Fixes installed, I'm still finding colonists picking up loose raw food to eat instead of going for the nutrient paste dispenser. I think it's probably because the existing NPD is just out of range (about 29 tiles) and I need one or two more, but I thought I would mention it in case you knew that is the case. :)

Zhentar

Yeah, I think 29 tiles would be out of range.

Regarding the designator, I'll have a fix in the next update that should make it better at sticking around.

Lethe

Came here to say thanks for the tweaks! I was trying to find an easier way to keep my normal colonist away from the special happy meals my cannibals have. There's just this one dude in the colony who doesn't eat people, but doesn't care enough about it to particularly avoid it [800+ meals and you go for the one with human?!]. He does care enough about eating it after the fact to have a debuff. >_>+

Now, if only I run into some food policy mod. Or a only eat at a table mod... 

GiantSpaceHamster

I'm curious about this change:

QuoteFixes pawns somewhat undervaluing nutrient paste dispensers (they will be correctly treated as equivalent to nutrient paste meals)

It seems to me that nutrient paste meals are actually more valuable than the ones from the dispenser because when a pawn grabs a non-dispensed meal, they also grab one for their inventory, but I do not see pawns do that when grabbing dispensed meals. So it's not necessarily that the meal itself is better, but it's preferable to have it be a higher effective value due to the related pawn behavior of grabbing a backup meal for their inventory.

Zhentar

Meals have an "optimalityOffset" that causes pawns to prefer them over otherwise equivalent uncooked food (e.g. simple meals instead of berries). A silly typo causes pawns to consider the optimalityOffset for eating the nutrient paste dispenser (which of course doesn't work, being inedible and all) instead of the nutrient paste. The bug report for it has been marked as fixed for A17, as you can see here: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2891

GiantSpaceHamster

Ah, fair enough. The bug being addressed really doesn't have anything to do with the preference weights between foods, it's that the food's preference weight isn't even being properly used in the first place. My question is really one for Tynan then. Thanks for the reply!