[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kutch

I have a possible bug to report, and just spent some time going through the mods to figure out which one(s) it was.

Rimworld ver 0.15.1729

The problem exists with Core and Combat Realism enabled, with those being the only two mods selected.

For building items, and deconstructing too, it doesn't list any resources as being required.  i.e. if want to build a wooden wall, doesn't list anything material requirements.  Did not try building anything but did deconstruct existing "default" walls that exist when first land, and no stone blocks were left after deconstruction.

Again, this happens only when combat realism is enabled.

Thoughts?  Could it be older version of RimWorld, but still 15?

Either way, must say great work!

Devon_v

Razzoriel

Quote from: kutch on November 12, 2016, 12:44:37 PM
I have a possible bug to report, and just spent some time going through the mods to figure out which one(s) it was.

Rimworld ver 0.15.1729

The problem exists with Core and Combat Realism enabled, with those being the only two mods selected.

For building items, and deconstructing too, it doesn't list any resources as being required.  i.e. if want to build a wooden wall, doesn't list anything material requirements.  Did not try building anything but did deconstruct existing "default" walls that exist when first land, and no stone blocks were left after deconstruction.

Can confirm. Buildings are being built with a cost for me of 4 wood each.

Also, several messages are not correctly assigned. For example: trying to assign a pawn to make a task he isn't assigned to will not provide the correct message (happened when i tried to tell a pawn not assigned to Smithing/Crafting to create arrows).

Kapun

Quote from: Razzoriel on November 12, 2016, 04:19:21 PM
Also, several messages are not correctly assigned. For example: trying to assign a pawn to make a task he isn't assigned to will not provide the correct message (happened when i tried to tell a pawn not assigned to Smithing/Crafting to create arrows).
I confirm, i also had the bug. Has anyone seen a strange rightclick menu option about picking up half the pile of ammo?
It says CR_PickUpHalf and the ammo type's name. I dont know if 1 am the only one who has the bug. Please write if you have it too.

Razzoriel

Yup.

I'd say the message bug is pretty minor compared to all structures costing 4 wood, though.

mazacik

w1r3dh4ck3r

Well how do I craft Ammo in this? when I put down the only table that the mod seems to add there is "none" bills that I can add, tested it with the base game only.

Devon_v

Quote from: Razzoriel on November 12, 2016, 04:19:21 PM

Rimworld ver 0.15.1729

Can confirm. Buildings are being built with a cost for me of 4 wood each.

That's the CCL bug that has the whole thing held up.

kutch

Quote from: Devon_v on November 12, 2016, 10:26:33 PM
That's the CCL bug that has the whole thing held up.

Harump...  Phooey....

Thanks for letting us know!

Krolon

Nearest patch will be small and fast that will repair small issues like uncraftable ammo, or over powered birdshot, or we have to wait for big update that will repair a lot of bugs?

Devon_v

Ammo can't be crafted because recipes are broken in the CCL, that's why everything takes 4 wood to build.

This is a test build. It's still not going to work correctly until the CCL is finished.

skyarkhangel

Injected recipes in loader bench. Updated.
It were the main bug?
The other bugs later. Such lack of time :/

skullywag

The issues wih building costing the wrong resources was a A15b bug. Update to 15c.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Knedl

I have also encountered the bug that I think was causing lot's of problems when NoImage released CR. The pawn that is designated to tame/train animals must first equip the food so it can tame/train. But the CR mod imediately drops the pawn's food since it's not set as equipment in pawn's weapon loadout. So the pawn get stuck in an endless loop picking up and imediately dropping the food. Sometimes there is the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" error. There is a way around tho lol as I found out when the pawn was stuck in a loop and the animal that was supposed to be trained came along and ate some food. The pawn then trained it and was unstuck till next day/train event. Still it's a bug and must be resolved (I think there were similar problems with doctors that got stuck when trying to use medikit). Hope you find and easy way around it, I know NoImage had problems with it but he did it so the solution must be buried somewhere in the code. I hope CCL get released soon since it should help. Thanks for upadting this mod it's an awesome one.

Knedl

hmm.. I "fired up" ILSpy and checked the code and interactAnimal has it's own detour. Now I am thinking, maybe the pawn had a full inventory but then the alert & message didn't apear and pawn was stuck. Could be just that.