[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devon_v

Quote from: Cassiopea on November 20, 2016, 04:24:59 PM
Thank you for all the hard work updating CR!
Since this is an early release, I might have a bug to report. The drug system seems to be out of order. Pawns do not take the drugs they are scheduled to and don't put it them in their inventory. Even when manually ordering them to pick them up. Perhaps the load-out system is conflicting with that mechanic?

Include the drugs in the loadout. You can also have them carry extra food and anything else they might need that way.

Cassiopea

They do take the drug in their inventory if specified in the loadout, however they do not consume it. It just sits in the inventory despite having a drug policy that allows consumption. I guess the drug schedule function is tied to the inventory system somehow.

katjezz

Devon_v

Quote from: Cassiopea on November 21, 2016, 11:20:14 PM
They do take the drug in their inventory if specified in the loadout, however they do not consume it. It just sits in the inventory despite having a drug policy that allows consumption. I guess the drug schedule function is tied to the inventory system somehow.
That's odd because they'll eat food in their inventory when hungry.

Quote from: katjezz on November 22, 2016, 08:56:24 AM
there is no patch for high caliber right now, right?
I don't believe there are any patches because CR isn't officially released until CCL is. Without the ability to inject changes to existing data I don't think the compatibility patches would work.

Thundercraft

I can't be sure whether this behavior is due to a mod conflict (as I never play with just CR and nothing else), but:

Normally, I only see a couple yellow warnings that relate to Combat Realism. And, normally, saved games will load.

But, sometimes, when I try to load a newly-generated map, it will crash and refuse to load it. And the output_log will contain several "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors that specifically mention Combat Realism.

Here is my recent output_log.txt after this happened:
http://pastebin.com/JWYBhaPW

Evelyn

Is there a way to disable this mod's inventory system? I used to love it in the previous versions (before the addition of the system) but unfortunately I find this to be such a huge break from the vanilla mechanics that it's completely and utterly unplayable for me. Issue is, I'm so used to the way the mod makes combat that I don't really want to start playing RimWorld again and have to deal with how lacking it is in the base game.

Devon_v

Quote from: Evelyn on November 23, 2016, 09:57:14 PM
Is there a way to disable this mod's inventory system? I used to love it in the previous versions (before the addition of the system) but unfortunately I find this to be such a huge break from the vanilla mechanics that it's completely and utterly unplayable for me. Issue is, I'm so used to the way the mod makes combat that I don't really want to start playing RimWorld again and have to deal with how lacking it is in the base game.
The way NoSuchImage designed it, no. I'm sure it could be done, but it's not a switch or anything.

Topaz

So what are ingredients and why is this preventing me from. Rafting anything in the mod? Any help would be great.

http://i.imgur.com/S2F6vc8.jpg

Rock5

Sorry Topaz but that image isn't too clear. Could you upload a bigger one please? :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

creepyguyinblack

Hey it may just be my slowass laptop, but does anyone else experienced significant lag and or hangups when in the creating loadout screen, when in the all items category? I found it helps to always have some letters in the search bar, then type the start of the next thing i want at the end of whatever was there, then delete the old text to avoid having the whole list be displayed again. Any other way around this, as when you first click all, it clears your search bar.

Topaz

Quote from: Rock5 on November 25, 2016, 01:12:01 AM
Sorry Topaz but that image isn't too clear. Could you upload a bigger one please? :)

I uploaded that on mobile so uh, that might've had something to do with it.

honestly laughing my ass off

Edited it to just have the link.

Devon_v

"ingredients" is what the game uses when there are multiple items that could satisfy the requirement. Like a simple meal requires ten ingredients, which can be any nutritious items. What specifically are you trying to craft there?

Topaz

Quote from: Devon_v on November 25, 2016, 08:18:21 PM
"ingredients" is what the game uses when there are multiple items that could satisfy the requirement. Like a simple meal requires ten ingredients, which can be any nutritious items. What specifically are you trying to craft there?

That is the thing, Devon, it simply says 'INGREDIENTS'.

The items that combat realism adds into the game, like armor vests or  the automated turret (which I could really use right about now :[ ) , all require these 'INGREDIENTS'. I can have all the steel and all the components needed for it; but, it says "not enough materials" due to me not having the 'INGREDIENTS'.  I submitted a photo above.

Smexy_Vampire

any chance of your embrashers and barb wire to be split off version ?

tonsrd

a streamer ( disnof ) used ur mod and he found that sieges did not get any steel dropped with the "siege raid" so they search the whole map for steel in order to build the mortars ( inc players base ) resulting in the siege raiders to wander'ing into player base/bullets without fighting back,

he also had problems making the colonists auto pick up 50-100 ammo before each raid I dunno if auto pick up is a mod or mod conflict.

he used the mod on 3 diff runs the last run was,..... Core + CR = same problems as above.