[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topaz

Am I the only one with this ingredients bug?

It really smells sour for me as the only way to get a turret is to buy them for thousands from a rare combat supplier trade ship.

AseaHeru

Wow, I missed this version existing for a while...

Quote from: Topaz on November 27, 2016, 02:17:39 PM
It really smells sour for me as the only way to get a turret is to buy them for thousands from a rare combat supplier trade ship.
You should be able to make them at the bench you can make guns at, I dont remember what its called. It takes a while and costs alot though.

Quote from: tonsrd on November 27, 2016, 04:07:01 AM
he also had problems making the colonists auto pick up 50-100 ammo before each raid I dunno if auto pick up is a mod or mod conflict.
Was he using the loadout screen to get them their gear? Ive found that if they have any form of equipment uniform assigned they wont carry anything thats not included in it if not drafted.

Khopesh

Hey, I love the mod from previous game versions, i keep getting a mass of errors when i try to play with it though, i'm going to post my used mods, and i in no way expect you to look through all the mods for problems and make patches, but i was wondering if you have any idea as to which of these may be causing the issues, it's been a few hours and i'm still stumped! thanks for any support (a15 btw)!! :)

Rimsenal_Feral
Rimsenal_hair
Rimsenal_Security
Rimsenal_Storyteller
RT's Weapon Pack
RW_FacialStuff-0.15.3
TechAdvancing
T-ExpandedCrops
TilledSoil
T-MiscStuff
T-MoreBedsVanilla
T-MoreFloors
Trap Defence V1.1 A15
Turrets+
zombie_apocalypse_a15
[A15] Expanded Traits 1.4
AlienRaces_0.8
AllowTool
AlphaAnimals-AlphaAnimals-1.0
CaveworldFlora
CombatReadinessCheck
CombatRealism-1.6.8.1
Core
CraftingHysteresis
EdBPrepareCarefully
EdBPrepareCarefullyAlienRaces
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
Faction Discovery
Hospitality
Izzyssentials Core
Izzyssentials Furniture
Izzyssentials Hydro
Izzyssentials Lights
Izzyssentials Solar
Izzyssentials Switch
LessIncidentTrolling
MarvsPleaseHaulPerishables
Medieval Times (v. 1.33.A15c)
Miscellaneous_Core
Miscellaneous_MapGenerator
MoreTradeShips
PetFollow
QualityBuilder
RimFridge
RIMkea 1.1
Rimsenal
Rimsenal_Federation

AseaHeru

Its probably the rimarsenal mods that are doing it. CR does not play well with mods that add ranged weapons that havent gone out of their way to include compatability with CR.

Khopesh

tried it without rimsenal same issues, except without rimsenal the mountains now actually spawned which is nice but it's unplayable, priorities are messed up, they don't do anything simply wander and if i set something to construct or deconstruct error spam, additionally weapon reloading wont work, and the inventory system and ammo doesnt seem to work, thanks i'm gonna keep looking, this is abit of a pain in the ass.

Devon_v

Start with just CR and add other mods in one by one until it breaks, that's the best way to solve these things.

Most non-cosmetic mods require a new colony if they are added/removed, so keep that in mind.

From my own experence it works fine with Prepare Carefully, Hospitality, CraftingHysteresis, and RimFridge. I would suggest removing ALL weapon mods. CR completely changes how weapons and combat work, and there is no way that any gun or combat mod for vanilla will work with it without a patch.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Khopesh on November 28, 2016, 04:28:12 PM
...i keep getting a mass of errors when i try to play with it though, i'm going to post my used mods...

Is that your install order? Because, if it is, that looks weird. I know several of the Rimsenal mods require the Rimsenal core in order to run. And I would assume the core should be loaded before those that depend on it. You have some at the top of your list, some at the end of your list (including Rimsenal core), and... CR loaded in the middle?

Besides, unless you use a CR compatibility patch, other weapon mods won't use CR's ammo system, so they'd be unbalanced. (Also, my limited testing of Rimsenal made me think that they were rather game unbalancing, regardless.)

Question: Should CR be loaded first, if we attempt to add other gun or turret mods?

The OP states:
Quote from: skyarkhangel on November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PMCompatibility:

Mods that modify vanilla weapons, walls, bodies or body parts (human and mechanoid, animals are fine), rock walls or rock chunks are inherently incompatible, meaning whichever mod is last in your load order will overwrite the changes of the other. Mods that add new guns, body parts, etc. are not incompatible but will likely be unbalanced in the context of this mod.

You may also be interested in the Incompatible Mods discussion for CR over on Steam. The following is what they claimed were not compatible:

• All weapon mods
  • More Vanilla Turrets (Only Rocket Complex and Shredder Turrets Work)(Use the shells you use for mortars for the rocket)
  • "That Warhammer mod thing"
  • Zombie Apocalypse (compatibility patch being worked on)
  • RT Quantum Storage (ammo gets buried in a stockpile and you can't get it back out easily)
  • Medieval Times (it seems more vanilla turrets and C.R are compatible, but if you also have medieval times, you lose the ability to craft ammo for guns)

You should note that, currently, RT's Weapon Pack is not compatible with CR. There was a compatibility patch. However, that was for A14:

Quote from: AseaHeru on August 31, 2016, 04:22:41 PMAny chance of this eventually being made to work with Combat Realism?
Quote from: rhtstm on August 31, 2016, 11:58:46 PMThere is a compatible patch for A14 of this mod on steam, not sure if he posted  on here or not. Due to things are quite changing, I don't really have the time to make another version of this mod that works with  CR. When the game officially release I might make one :)
RT+CR Compatibility Patch
QuoteA15 version will be available after Combat Realism mod is updated.

Khopesh

I actually tried that idea a couple of minutes ago and something strange is going on.. with just core and combat realism, all other mods removed from the folder, equipping works ammo works, looting all that jazz, but when drafted and firing at a wall i get the error (handwriting this because im crap with this kind of stuff)

Exception tickingBullet_6x24charged17899: system NullReferenceException: object reference not set to an instance of an object

it's in red and appears everytime there's a shot with the "17899" increasing with each burst? shot or volley of this weapon, this was one of the main problems i was having besides the ammo problems which i fixed by removing the weapon pack, anyone know what's causing this? i've tried with combat realism 1.6.8.1 and 1.6.8, same issue.. im bedazzled.. thanks for the help guys.

Khopesh

it seems combat realism really doesn't like the alien races mod, which is an awesome mod, and a shame since alien races lets you customise from backstory to appearance in depth, I'll post to the creator and see if he could look into it :) thanks for the support guys i'll rebuild my list and see what can be done about alien races before my next playthrough, i had an exciting idea for an extreme randy random alien tribal cannibal colony eating zombies in a freezing climate! c:

joaonunes

Quote from: Khopesh on November 28, 2016, 07:46:08 PM
it seems combat realism really doesn't like the alien races mod, which is an awesome mod, and a shame since alien races lets you customise from backstory to appearance in depth, I'll post to the creator and see if he could look into it :) thanks for the support guys i'll rebuild my list and see what can be done about alien races before my next playthrough, i had an exciting idea for an extreme randy random alien tribal cannibal colony eating zombies in a freezing climate! c:

funny, the mod does not work for me either, but since I dont have the alien races mod I'd guess the lack of CCL might have something to do with it. Tomorrow I'll do some testing to see which mod is breaking CR in my case...

Silly me xD Should have started a new save :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Topaz

Quote from: Topaz on November 27, 2016, 02:17:39 PM
You should be able to make them at the bench you can make guns at, I dont remember what its called. It takes a while and costs alot though.

Quote from: tonsrd on November 27, 2016, 04:07:01 AM
he also had problems making the colonists auto pick up 50-100 ammo before each raid I dunno if auto pick up is a mod or mod conflict.

No, as I said before I can't craft composite vests, armor vests,  and turrets for the most part because of this bug.

Urz_

I might have encountered a bug, but it might be from something i changed while working on my modpack.

Bug: "Cannot prioritize {0} (Is not {1})" is not showing correctly.

Steps to reproduce: Start a new game with the mod enabled. Designate a Tree to be cut down. Try to cut the tree down with a pawn that has Plant-Cutting disabled manually.

Fix: Add a LanguageData "<CannotPrioritizeIsNotA>Cannot prioritize ({0} is not a {1})</CannotPrioritizeIsNotA>" under English/Keyed

Again, this might be a bug on my end only, but thought i would post it just to be sure.

Edit: Same thing seems to be happening when the game should display "Can not prioritize (Will never do {0})". This is prob broken somewhere in the assembly since the LanguageData for the text is there.
Everything i end up releasing is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. You do not need to ask permission to use any of my stuff, but do keep in mind i might not own the license to all of it.

doofustroofus

Quote from: Knedl on November 15, 2016, 03:26:05 AM
I have also encountered the bug that I think was causing lot's of problems when NoImage released CR. The pawn that is designated to tame/train animals must first equip the food so it can tame/train. But the CR mod imediately drops the pawn's food since it's not set as equipment in pawn's weapon loadout. So the pawn get stuck in an endless loop picking up and imediately dropping the food. Sometimes there is the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" error. There is a way around tho lol as I found out when the pawn was stuck in a loop and the animal that was supposed to be trained came along and ate some food. The pawn then trained it and was unstuck till next day/train event. Still it's a bug and must be resolved (I think there were similar problems with doctors that got stuck when trying to use medikit). Hope you find and easy way around it, I know NoImage had problems with it but he did it so the solution must be buried somewhere in the code. I hope CCL get released soon since it should help. Thanks for upadting this mod it's an awesome one.

So wait, is there a fix for this bug or no?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: doofustroofus on December 02, 2016, 04:34:16 AM
I have also encountered the bug that I think was causing lot's of problems when NoImage released CR. The pawn that is designated to tame/train animals must first equip the food so it can tame/train. But the CR mod imediately drops the pawn's food since it's not set as equipment in pawn's weapon loadout. So the pawn get stuck in an endless loop picking up and imediately dropping the food. Sometimes there is the "pawn started 10 jobs in 1 tick" error. There is a way around tho lol as I found out when the pawn was stuck in a loop and the animal that was supposed to be trained came along and ate some food. The pawn then trained it and was unstuck till next day/train event. Still it's a bug and must be resolved (I think there were similar problems with doctors that got stuck when trying to use medikit). Hope you find and easy way around it, I know NoImage had problems with it but he did it so the solution must be buried somewhere in the code. I hope CCL get released soon since it should help. Thanks for upadting this mod it's an awesome one.

i'll play with CR for a long time and never seen such error EVER.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/c5fc30617fb648eba633da2b819c7e48.png
http://image.prntscr.com/image/3eb2a21ca04e4ea7a5c537c5590d832a.png

Tame/training works fine without ANY errors for me.

doofustroofus

Quote from: skyarkhangel on December 02, 2016, 04:52:33 AM
Quote from: doofustroofus on December 02, 2016, 04:34:16 AM

i'll play with CR for a long time and never seen such error EVER.
http://image.prntscr.com/image/c5fc30617fb648eba633da2b819c7e48.png
http://image.prntscr.com/image/3eb2a21ca04e4ea7a5c537c5590d832a.png

Tame/training works fine without ANY errors for me.

Thats...nice for you I guess?

Edit: For anyone else experiencing the issue: in the process of starting a new game with just CR and core to reproduce the bug I found a workaround that's effective so far. If you put a food that can be used in training into the pawns loadout (berries for example) they'll train and tame without issue and replenish their inventory normally.

Edit Edit: Spoke too soon. If they stick with the loadout and only take say 10 units then they're fine. If they decide to take 40 instead for some reason (large number of animals marked for taming/training maybe?) then they get stuck. Equipping a backpack seemed to mitigate it to a large degree but its still happened once or twice. Not sure if that's coincidence or if the bug is connected to the bulk system.