[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AseaHeru

By shot modes, do you mean the single, burst, automatic setting?

-edit-

The icon circled in red, is it set to hold fire?

Dacksi

Something is not true, have already loaded 20x and always taken a different attitude but the face is always the same. There is no shot.

joaonunes

Quote from: AseaHeru on December 28, 2016, 04:18:53 PM
By shot modes, do you mean the single, burst, automatic setting?

-edit-

The icon circled in red, is it set to hold fire?

The onw with the "Single" is where you set the fire rate (single shot, burst or auto). The circled button tells you how well the pawn will aim. Snapshot means he will fire fast with decreased accuracy, while the other mode will be more accuratw but will take longer to fire.

I usually let the bad shooters fire in snapshot bursts/auto for the supression, while the better shooters have snipers or long range rifles with either bursts or single shot(sniper).

The button to hold fire is the one that says "Allow firing".

On a side note, is CR fully working in A16 right now or does it still have issues? I have heard the supression mechanics weren't working... Are they working now?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

AseaHeru

It also has a "hold fire" mode, which is what I am checking that theirs arent on.

Alloy

Getting a mod incompatibility error with the latest version, here's my modlist:

AseaHeru

Its probably defensive positions, the midieval stuff or DCT weapon Overhaul, though Im not certain. Try loading everything without a combination of those and see if it works.

dkbrk

Quote from: Alloy on December 28, 2016, 06:09:52 PM
Getting a mod incompatibility error with the latest version, here's my modlist:

Use RCC (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25305.0) to find the problem.

I'm sorry, but compatibility issues are more or less inevitable. If you can narrow it down to a single mod that's sufficiently popular, a compatibility mod is quite possible.

I'm not going to narrow down your conflict for you. But for future reference, if you want someone else to do something like that for you, a screenshot is informative but not particularly useful. Useful is creating a steam workshop collection with all your installed mods and uploading your ModsConfig.xml.

Alloy

Quote from: dkbrk on December 28, 2016, 07:28:45 PM

Use RCC (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25305.0) to find the problem.

Thanks mate, didn't know there was this addon at all. Will try to find the problem and report back to see what's wrong with it.

Edit: Oddly enough, it works if it's lower on the load order. Is there a recommended position for this mod in the list?

minakurafto

dkbrk

Quote from: minakurafto on December 28, 2016, 08:42:01 PM
how to use achtung feature?

Achtung hasn't been updated to A16 and isn't available.

Devon_v

Quote from: Alloy on December 28, 2016, 07:32:18 PM
Quote from: dkbrk on December 28, 2016, 07:28:45 PM

Thanks mate, didn't know there was this addon at all. Will try to find the problem and report back to see what's wrong with it.

Edit: Oddly enough, it works if it's lower on the load order. Is there a recommended position for this mod in the list?
CR and Medieval Times don't like each other. Even if you get them to load without seeming conflict, you will run into issues like being unable to craft ammo or somesuch. I'm not sure what the real problem is, but those two mods just don't get along.

Kicker

If CR is loaded on an existing save, the weapons in it from before CR was loaded throw this error and fail to fire under any circumstance.

Exception ticking Amelia: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at Verse.Verb_LaunchProjectile.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb_Shoot.TryCastShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_VerbTracker.VerbsTick (Verse.VerbTracker _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_EquipmentTracker.EquipmentTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Weapons created after work just fine however.

porcupine

Quote from: Kicker on December 29, 2016, 11:36:54 AM
If CR is loaded on an existing save, the weapons in it from before CR was loaded throw this error and fail to fire under any circumstance.

Exception ticking Amelia: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at Combat_Realism.Detours.Detours_VerbTracker.VerbsTick (Verse.VerbTracker _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_EquipmentTracker.EquipmentTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's been covered a few times before, but CR is such a significant mod, it should be expected not to work when loading a non-CR save.

The developers have native/actual bugs in CR to deal with long before worrying about compatibility with existing saves, which I doubt is even on the radar to be honest.

Just start a new game (it's worth it after all, CR offers more then just end-game content here), "It's worth it!" :D

Kicker

Quote from: porcupine on December 29, 2016, 01:28:14 PM
Quote from: Kicker on December 29, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

It's been covered a few times before, but CR is such a significant mod, it should be expected not to work when loading a non-CR save.

The developers have native/actual bugs in CR to deal with long before worrying about compatibility with existing saves, which I doubt is even on the radar to be honest.

Just start a new game (it's worth it after all, CR offers more then just end-game content here), "It's worth it!" :D

I just replaced all the existing weapons with new ones using the debug menu. Didn't know if it had already been reported though so thought I should.

AseaHeru

On modding, I have been working on making some things compatable with CR, but have hit a snag when it comes to adding in new ammo sets. Namley, I get errors about "'Ammo types' expected line X, position Y", followed by piles of errors about not being able to find said ammo set to give to various weapons. This is accompanied by errors stating that 'No Verse.ThingDef named(ammunition name)'.  Any suggestions for how to go about getting it to function correctly?