[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minakurafto

ammo from centipede (12x64mm) too high in price and making centipede a silver mine. 1 centipede can give you 10K+ silver just from ammo(if it havent use too much when you killed it. since the ammo is useless junk why would trade buy it for a high price ,unless we can use mechanoid weapon or can retrofit the ammo into charged rifle ammo 24mm or make it disappear on death like mechanoid weapon never drop when it dead.

manned turret is too powerful and can make raid harmless, unless raider can use manned turret to siege and make it more "fair"

using power armor should make pawn be able to carry more in caravan ,not burdening instead. currently pawn with power armor cant carry their own weight lol

chemfuel is a good alternative ingredient to make molotov/incedenary

messiah

I think the best solution for the loadouts is to add such options as: "take best available melee/ranged weapon" and "take best available ammo" and that's it. Even better to make this a default.

porcupine

Quote from: messiah on January 02, 2017, 05:34:45 AM
I think the best solution for the loadouts is to add such options as: "take best available melee/ranged weapon" and "take best available ammo" and that's it. Even better to make this a default.

And by that logic, the best ranged weapon is?

The best way to accomplish this, is to get RW ported to consoles.  That's when stuff always gets dumbed down :).

deathstar

Confirming the carried clothing-bug. You can not drop them.
Also yeah, the centipedes are ridiculous. First one I killed dropped 10.000 12x64mm cartridges, if any more show up my map'll be filled up soon.

Check THIS out.  :o

Pepelnica1488

Quote from: deathstar on January 02, 2017, 11:25:53 AM
Also yeah, the centipedes are ridiculous. First one I killed dropped 10.000 12x64mm cartridges, if any more show up my map'll be filled up soon.

TY EBANUTIY KLUBNIKAEB BLYAT TY HULI VEZDE SRESH I NA DVACHE I V GRUPPE VTENTAKLE EBANOY SUKA

joaonunes

Quote from: deathstar on January 02, 2017, 11:25:53 AM

WOOOOOWW change the code for the centipedes to use the weapons you like and you have free ammo supply for life xD

Skyarkhangel: Is this mod changing anything in the weight mechanics? Since in A16 there already is a "weight" value for most items I guess you would only need to adapt the mod to use the native weight system and keep the bulk value for balancing reasons (to prevent pawns from carrying way too much ammo into a siege, making them carry "humane" amounts of ammo and weapons).

Also, who should make the weapon compatibility patches? You or the weapon mod's owner? I am asking this because I keep seeing people ask for compatibility patches for this or that mod and perhaps you are the best person to tell people who to ask that for.

I also support the idea of placing a BIG RED WARNING IN NOTHING BUT CAPS telling people to stop asking for the removal of ammo from this mod.
Some of the comments to this idea have been rude and there's no reason to it... Skyarkhangel has already stated that he will NOT remove the ammo system but this comment from his is lost somewhere in all the comments. Making it well visible would be in most people's best interests.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Maeyanie

Not sure if this has been noted (I read the last couple of pages and didn't see it), but in A16, I've noticed mechanoids seem a LOT weaker than before. It used to be that centipedes could bounce anything short of charge rifles, but recently I've seen stuff as weak as 5.56mm hollow point do them harm. I haven't tested this with no other mods, but nothing else I'm using should alter them in any way, it's all UI and such stuff.

messiah

Quote from: porcupine on January 02, 2017, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: messiah on January 02, 2017, 05:34:45 AM

And by that logic, the best ranged weapon is?

The best way to accomplish this, is to get RW ported to consoles.  That's when stuff always gets dumbed down :).

That's indeed not an easy question, but IMHO there should be an option to make this automated. For example it can be as simple as: "most damage dealt and best quality", of course this is very simple, so it could be expanded to some groups, for example instead of listing every available pistol it could be grouped: "take any/best (quality) pistol with any/specific ammo". If such system would be implemented, it would be a blast.

Concerning your console comment: play 4X space Distant Worlds - there is automation for literally every aspect of the game and it is not for consoles. You can even watch without playing ) My point is: making something NOT tedious doesn't mean dumbing it down, it's just an option, you can turn it off.

Devon_v

Quote from: minakurafto on January 02, 2017, 03:49:43 AM
ammo from centipede (12x64mm) too high in price and making centipede a silver mine. 1 centipede can give you 10K+ silver just from ammo(if it havent use too much when you killed it. since the ammo is useless junk why would trade buy it for a high price ,unless we can use mechanoid weapon or can retrofit the ammo into charged rifle ammo 24mm or make it disappear on death like mechanoid weapon never drop when it dead.
Quote from: Maeyanie on January 02, 2017, 01:31:55 PM
Not sure if this has been noted (I read the last couple of pages and didn't see it), but in A16, I've noticed mechanoids seem a LOT weaker than before. It used to be that centipedes could bounce anything short of charge rifles, but recently I've seen stuff as weak as 5.56mm hollow point do them harm. I haven't tested this with no other mods, but nothing else I'm using should alter them in any way, it's all UI and such stuff.

Mechanoids are missing their extra armor for some reason. They aren't supposed to be that easy to kill.

blaxblade

The non-lethal bullets for shotgun don't work; also with naked prisioners or tribal warriors without armor, how can i solve this?

MightyGooga

I dont see why, we can not ask for flexibility refering to ammo usage. The concept of it is great, but the fact that you have to micromanage it to a point where you almost have to have 100´s of loadouts to get a colony of 10 people to be able to use what is looted from raiders, its awufull.

I dont see why we can not have this flexibility, until the mod can handle, auto get ammo for your weapon if its available.

I was about 2 years in a game, had some weapons and ammo, got raided, the ammo i got from raid was diferent, had to change all my loadouts. I personally dont like it.

But i do love the mod, and the fact that it is in SK HARDCORE is awsome as well. Is it so hard to build something to help out with this aspect of micromanaging it? Is it so bad to ask for it, beeing a fan and all?

Adalah217

Quote from: gustavoghe on January 03, 2017, 05:18:13 PM
I dont see why, we can not ask for flexibility refering to ammo usage. The concept of it is great, but the fact that you have to micromanage it to a point where you almost have to have 100´s of loadouts to get a colony of 10 people to be able to use what is looted from raiders, its awufull.

I dont see why we can not have this flexibility, until the mod can handle, auto get ammo for your weapon if its available.

I was about 2 years in a game, had some weapons and ammo, got raided, the ammo i got from raid was diferent, had to change all my loadouts. I personally dont like it.

But i do love the mod, and the fact that it is in SK HARDCORE is awsome as well. Is it so hard to build something to help out with this aspect of micromanaging it? Is it so bad to ask for it, beeing a fan and all?

Half the mod revolves the use of ammo. It's impractical to remove it entirely.

Ultimately, a good solution would have the mod use fewer types of ammo. This is exactly what my goal is right now as I make a compatibility patch for LewisDTC's weapon mods. I'm not sure how to override CR's ammo so it doesn't appear though. Anyone have any thoughts? 

messiah

Quote from: Adalah217 on January 03, 2017, 05:23:00 PM

Ultimately, a good solution would have the mod use fewer types of ammo. This is exactly what my goal is right now as I make a compatibility patch for LewisDTC's weapon mods. I'm not sure how to override CR's ammo so it doesn't appear though. Anyone have any thoughts?

Same here and I offered a solution to this problem. There is no need to remove anything. Simply add some kind of automation and it will be superb.

joaonunes

That doesn't really sound like a compatibility patch... That compatibility patch would break the mod for every other weapons mods that would also have a compatibility patch.
I think what you want would require a complete rewrite of Combat Realism, same as removing the ammo system.

Jesus what are you doing with CR man? I managed to reach end game with no more than a dozen loadouts! For a colony of almost 25 pawns!!

I seriously do not understand how people find this mod so hard to play... "too much micromanagement"... go play any Paradox game and you'll have a whole new meaning to the word "micromanagement"

Quote from: messiah on January 03, 2017, 05:29:02 PM
Same here and I offered a solution to this problem. There is no need to remove anything. Simply add some kind of automation and it will be superb.

There already is all the automation you can possibly need. Put half a dozen crafting orders for the ammo you play the most, play with only a few ammo types (no need to have 1000 AP 5mm bullets and another 1k FMJ for the same caliber), set the crafting bills to craft ammo until you have 200 ammo (because bills craft 500 for most bullet calibers) and you can forget about the crafting table! The only thing you'll need to worry about is to sell the bullet types you do not want/use and get enough metal for the ammo.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

MightyGooga

Quote from: messiah on January 03, 2017, 05:29:02 PM

You are right, the only thing its missing is some automation, intelligence for pawns to grab the type of ammo they need.

I guess its a point of view wether you like the ammo micromanaging chalange, or just the fact that you have a variety of ammo.

I like the fact that you have a lot of ammo types, i play a loot raid style game. I dont like the fact that pawns wont grab the right type of ammo automatically.