[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devon_v

Quote from: minakurafto on January 05, 2017, 01:39:55 AM
can we have food(/other thing) to be included in loadout? because armed pawn usually cant carry food(auto drop) and sometime when haul food to stockile it may repeat drop and take meal for "eternity"
They're all in the ∞ tab. You can have anything you want included.

minakurafto

Quote from: Devon_v on January 05, 2017, 09:48:43 PM
Quote from: minakurafto on January 05, 2017, 01:39:55 AM
can we have food(/other thing) to be included in loadout? because armed pawn usually cant carry food(auto drop) and sometime when haul food to stockile it may repeat drop and take meal for "eternity"
They're all in the ∞ tab. You can have anything you want included.
ah, i never look carefully that tabs , i thought it just weapon and ammo lol

Devon_v

Are you loading HardcoreSK and CR together? The former already includes the latter.

Otherwise it looks like a mod conflict. Put CR at the bottom of the load order and it should resolve it. Unless it's Medieval Times, CR doesn't like it for some reason.

deathstar

Quote from: Devon_v on January 06, 2017, 06:55:22 PM
Are you loading HardcoreSK and CR together? The former already includes the latter.

Otherwise it looks like a mod conflict. Put CR at the bottom of the load order and it should resolve it. Unless it's Medieval Times, CR doesn't like it for some reason.

Thank you for the hint, I took a mod from out of the SK pack thinking it would work by itself. Removing it fixed the wall of conflicts.

kunyomi

Is there some kind of write up or mini guide somewhere about all the guns CR has to offer?
So far I've just equiped my fighters with Assault Rifles and put a magazine worth of HP/AP/FMJ in the loadout, so far that gives me enough versatility to deal with any short-medium range threat quite well.
Still it seems like a waste to just leave it at that when there's so many more guns (and ammo types) especially considering I took the effort to research em.
Is there an objective hierarchy here as in Gun A > Gun B or is it more a case of preference?

Peterowsky

I do hope it's not just me who encounters this bug:

Whenever I load a saved game, any and all HE Mortar Shells I have had turn into vanilla-game mortar shells. EMP and Incendiary ones seem fine, but the HE Shells seem to morph, and are no longer usable. Moreover, the stockpile they were in changes its settings to include vanilla shells but no HE Shells.

Fafn1r

Quote from: kunyomi on January 07, 2017, 06:16:10 AM
Is there some kind of write up or mini guide somewhere about all the guns CR has to offer?
So far I've just equiped my fighters with Assault Rifles and put a magazine worth of HP/AP/FMJ in the loadout, so far that gives me enough versatility to deal with any short-medium range threat quite well.
Still it seems like a waste to just leave it at that when there's so many more guns (and ammo types) especially considering I took the effort to research em.
Is there an objective hierarchy here as in Gun A > Gun B or is it more a case of preference?

There's no guns that are always better than others - it depends on situation. Maybe except for explosives. They just... blow things up, whatever they are.
Plus there already are some amazing mods that add CR compatibile weapons.

If you have lots of open space between your defenses and enemy spawn areas, sniper rifles, assault rifles and manned machineguns are the king.

Big tribal raids? Blow them up. If you can't kill them from the distance. If you can't, from my experience shotguns and SMGs are amazing at dealing with crowds.

Raiders dropping inside your base? Shotguns and SMGs.

Siege? Snipe them, I recommend with rocket launchers.

Infestation? Shotguns and SMGs or very good armors + melee.

Mechanoids? Snipe them if you have the ammo and patience, but I found out that it's best to stun them with EMP and close in with SMGs and assault rifles with AP ammo and shotguns with EMP shells.

Another helpful things are to set pawns to always carry a knife (to defend themselves in emergency) and to add one grenade to their combat loadouts.

Ammo types are mostly self-explanatory - FMJ against early-midgame raiders, HP against tribals and for hunting, AP against mechanoids and lategame raiders. Not sure about bugs. Do they have armor?

And this is just my perspective. There are lots of more possibilities, like using mortars, personal shields and animals.

XimalX

Someone know how to fix a bug with taking ammunition?(cannot take ammo and more than 1 weapon)

Fafn1r

Quote from: XimalX on January 07, 2017, 01:18:26 PM
Someone know how to fix a bug with taking ammunition?(cannot take ammo and more than 1 weapon)

Are you using the loadout system? It's under the "Assign" tab. Also make sure your pawn has free bulk and weight capacity to pick up what you want him to.

Rijndael

Is this intentional or did you forget to update Combat Realism in the Steam Workshop? It's still 1.6.9.2 with the drug system issues.

skyarkhangel

Yep, on Steam still 9.2.
Soon 1.6.9.4 update with on Steam too.

Devon_v

Quote from: kunyomi on January 07, 2017, 06:16:10 AM

By default it's all the vanilla guns, so they aren't balanced around a concept of every gun having a clear role, or there being a specific progression of guns, it's more a matter of working with what you have. Especially early in the game the best gun is the one you have ammo for.

Once you can start crafting I favor sniper rifles, assault rifles, and shotguns. Shotguns rule early combat if you can get your hands on one, and murder unarmored tribals like nobody's business. They're also fittingly fantastic hunting weapons with buckshot. Assault rifles are middle of the road, while snipers are handy for picking off doomsday launchers and cracking armor on scythers. Explosive ammo and the weapons that can use it are very strong, but also limited in how often you can use them. Once the bug that's preventing the mechanoids from having their proper armor values is fixed they will be very important again for dealing with the eventual centipede stampede.

The humble pistol should not be overlooked. Pawns can carry as many weapons as they can fit on their bodies, and a quick-firing pistol is a great backup weapon for a sniper or for when you just don't have time to reload your shotgun. As Fafn1r mentioned, a combat knife is always a good idea as well.

kunyomi

Thanks for the input guys.

Also, is making the M240B on the Machining Table supposed to be 1 work?
It was pretty much finished as soon as my crafter sat next to it.

Scottnov

I'm having trouble with power armor travelling in caravans, as I documented in this thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28667.0

After searching Combat Realism's XML files, I have confirmed that the issue is to do with the mod's changes and should be rectified. While I didn't find anything in my search of this thread about it, let me know if it's already been reported or if I'm just misunderstanding something.