[A16] Combat Realism [closed]

Started by skyarkhangel, November 11, 2016, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

Quote from: gariba on January 12, 2017, 12:08:31 PM
Would there be a way to implement weapon/ammo profiles of some sort? For example, if a prison break occurs, I want my colonists to equip their shotguns with beanbags, and birdshot when hunting, without having to go through each of them and clicking 5 times.
This would also help fighting raids if you can fit enough weapons on each colonist. Equip sniper rifles while they are far away, switch to assault rifles at mid range, switch to shotguns if they get too close.

Doing tis automatically would be a bit insane, but having buttons/menu for "Profile 1-x" would be cool.

As an interim solution, you could make a clone of the makeshift turret  and change its ammo to 12 gauge. Then just load it with beanbag ammo.

Having the possibility of sidearms or a backup melee for people getting too close would be incredibly useful though.

Keyring

Damn the change to the Centipede armour caught me off-guard. Resulted in a rather amusing sequence of events. When it popped out from the psychic ship, went nuts at it with a bunch of colonists armed with Assault Rifles and one LMG. Took apart its entourage of scyhers rapidly and moved onto it. It was an inferno cannon loadout, which I feel is the deadliest of the lot, but managed to get it focused on a bloke hiding behind a cliff and not shooting back, so it kept missing him. It ran out of ammo as everyone pounded it with small fire, and that was about when I noticed it wasn't hurt, besides all its sensor systems being shot out.

Right. Recall and Arm everyone with AP ammo as it trundled slowly to my base to melee a wooden door. Came back, no effect. Tried various forms of loadouts with shotguns and SMGs, and plasteel swords and spears. Still couldn't hurt the blasted thing. At this point, I realized I needed a KPV, but did not have the research for it. So while this blind and deaf centipede was content with sitting in my base and hitting random doors and walls, I started heavy weapons research.

In the interim, I forgot to pay attention. A colonist, who was on aggressive, who had ran out of ammo decided to go punch the centipede with his bare fists.  I thought it would turn around and wallop him to the ground, but nope, kept on hitting walls. That's when I noticed its bar went down,  I checked its health, and yes, it cracked one of the rings. Impervious to bullets, not impervious to fists. At that point, I drafted all colonists, and sent them to pile on and punch the thing to death. No heavy weapons needed.

So, TLDR: If you don't have heavy weapons, a Centipede will ruin your day. Unless you button all its sensors with small arms fire, and make it run out of ammo. Then you can punch it to death. I never tried a club or mace, so not sure if they would work too. Seems that blunt damage was still effective against it.

Needless to say, there are two KPVs and several thousand rounds of ammunition in the colonies storage now.

Teratles

Trader are overload after last patch, they drop the stuff after spawning.

WereCat88

There is something wrong with the sieges (at least on my part) the attackers don't get steel to build the sandbags and the mortar and they just wait and eat. (the last siege lasted 5 days before they finally attacked)
And also funny thing, a raider came and stole steel from my storage for the sandbags and i didn't even notice the first time.
I am The Primal Mammelon

Russian Santa556

Hey, I think I found a slight oversight when it comes to shotguns: Beanbag rounds and Centipedes. I discovered that if you manage to get one of your guys close enough to a mechanoid without having his arms and legs blown off in the process, one shot is usually enough to cripple it entirely. I don't know if it's possible to make beanbag rounds' muscle spasms debuff work differently on different creatures, but you might wanna fix that. It doesn't make much sense that a non-metal, non-lethal, soft projectile could penetrate through armor that a sniper bullet can only dent slightly.
Also, I doubt centipedes even have muscles to begin with. Just sayin'.

On a sidenote, seeing my colonist, hopped up on Go-Juice and armored head to toe making a mad charge through a hail of bullets to take down that bastard was badass to the max.

Wololo

FalkrimWright

Some Ideas: ^_^

Ammo belt: using a personal shield slot (or custom slot for module), increase reload speed, like tactical vest, but more.
NVG: Mask slot, affect on pawn - in night fight they can fight more better.
Targeting visor: like NVG, but also for daytime. Glitter-tech thing.
Portative Medkit: heal wounds and scars, but not the destroyed head or arms! If pawn is down, his mate with Doctoring can pick him up, deliver on safe place and treat.
Adrenaline shot: Probally, increase manupulation, speed, and consciousness for short time.

Ammo Box\Crate\Long Crate\Container: Container for holding ammo and grenades, works like pawn inventory, but bo[ can hold only one type of ammo, cannot hold mortar mines, and shells, crate 4-5, can hold a mortar mines, Long Crate 8-10, can  hold artillery shells, Container 16-20.  Ammo box can be linked to M240B\KPV\AGS-30, and stationary weapon using ammo from box. 

If pawn have grenades\Molotov, he can automaticly use  it for blow enemy out of building, or just throw it to a group of tribemans.

Modules, 2-3 slots:

Double mags: increased reload speed, but every 2nd reload bit slower. only be used for Assault rifles or SMG.
4x\x8\x12 Scope: better accuracy for aimed shots. For AR, Sniper Rifles, carabines, and revolvers(?)
M203\GP-30: Underbarrel grenade launcher, nuff said. For AR.
Grip: better accuracy for sharpshooting.
Targeting computer: Better scope variant, but more costly.

Also weapons.
M2HB and M1918 Browing (aka 50.cal and 30.cal): stationary MG. 100 and 250 ammo.

Las-weapons. Using a power cells (probally nuclear?) for shoot, have awesome armor piecing, but damage decreased in fog. Has chance to set enemy on fire.
Default power cells: Good damage and AP. Nuff said.
Overcharged\Overcloacked power cells: more damage, range and AP, but has 30% chance to be double used: 2 shoots for one.
Megascopic cells: Has a 50% chance to not be used, but decreased damage, AP and range.
EMP cells: weapon have chance to stun mechanoid and better damage versus shields.

Autocannon and Double-barelled Autocannon: buildable midgame weapon. Usinig a 20mm or 37mm shells. DB variant shoots more faster.  Ammo: 30-50

More special types of ammo:

AP-U - armor-piercing uranium. Devastating thing vs power armor troopers
APFSDS - has more armor piercing than AP shells, but lower than AP-U. For cannons only.
HE-F - HE shells with fragmentation, creating spread of fragmentation. Ideal versus tribes. For Cannons.
Cassette: shell or mortar mine, that have more AOE damage. 6-10 small explosion over zone. Has a grenade variant
Smoke: creating a smoke zone, can affect to slight.

Synthesizer: better Refinery variant, can synthesize Chemfuel, promethium, C4 and FSX, using chemfuel\boomtatos\raw chemicals(for FSX) and Hydrogen (promethium).

Raw Chemicals: High-explosive, sticky mass for making explosive.

Hydrogen Collector\Farm: Collecting a Hydrogen in open space.

Boommato: Geneticly modified tomato plant, that giving a "bio-grenades". Can be refined to FSX, or used like a weapon by tribemans. Can be feeded to boomrats or boomalopas, a bit increasing chem making. Not for food.

Oilberry: berries from plant can be used for making chemfuel, or just crushed on Crafting Spot to Juiceoil.

Catapult: a simple machine for throwing things. Ammunition.
Stone ball: Just a stone ball, he is crushing anything.
Stone Chunks: More chunks - more fun! And more died enemies!
Flaming Barrel: BURN, BURN, BURN! Filled with juiceoil.
Chopped Heads: dismorales some enemies. Yup, throwing prisoner heads is sooo funny!
Rotting Corpse: Like heads, but more AOE - because more bloody. Any type of corpse, and a special offfer - FLYING COWS!

Corpse parts: simulate to blood, but... more creepy.

minakurafto

how do you guys arm your pawn? do you always equip weapon and armor all the time and sacrifice speed+workspeed or  equip them when emergency or only equip few selected pawn as guard?
in early and mid game wall and turret not available yet so if i only equip them when emergency most of the time pirate already burn my base when i equip my pawn.

Vilesting

First of all this is a great mod and lots of fun, at least while it doesn't do something to break the seamless fun. In my case i hit a road bump on two fronts, one of which is a big one and the other annoying one.

The first issue that i have is that i can't craft ammo. I tried going through the posts and see if someone might have posted a fix but i didn't find any. And the second annoying one is that when i try to craft sandstone floors they actually cost steel instead of sandstone blocks.

So if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it i would be grateful if you can share how you did it.

Azzarrel

@mina I usually fully equip them until i have built enough weapon racks/stockpile areas to sore a proper amount of weapons on my colony entrance.

Devon_v

Quote from: minakurafto on January 15, 2017, 07:40:31 AM
how do you guys arm your pawn? do you always equip weapon and armor all the time and sacrifice speed+workspeed or  equip them when emergency or only equip few selected pawn as guard?
in early and mid game wall and turret not available yet so if i only equip them when emergency most of the time pirate already burn my base when i equip my pawn.
Don't leave home without it.

The speed debuff is negligible, all pawns should have at least a sidearm, dedicated soldiers should be armed at all times.

The alternative is death.

Devon_v

Quote from: Vilesting on January 15, 2017, 07:50:53 AM
First of all this is a great mod and lots of fun, at least while it doesn't do something to break the seamless fun. In my case i hit a road bump on two fronts, one of which is a big one and the other annoying one.

The first issue that i have is that i can't craft ammo. I tried going through the posts and see if someone might have posted a fix but i didn't find any. And the second annoying one is that when i try to craft sandstone floors they actually cost steel instead of sandstone blocks.

So if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it i would be grateful if you can share how you did it.
Sounds like you have a conflicting mod installed. Medieval Times being the biggest offender.

NO weapon mods and NO faction/pawn mods unless they have a CR patch is the general rule.

minakurafto

i noticed spear is more powerful than longsword in CR, is it inteded or not? compared to vanilla
spear vanilla : damage=15 cooldown=2.3 materialcost=90
CR : damage=18 cooldown=1.15 materialcost=90 penetration=27.5%
longsword vanilla : damage=17 cooldown=2.5 materialcost=120
CR : damage=16 cooldown=1.25 materialcost=120 penetration=22.5%

cooldown is halved in CR, penetration wise spear is better , but the damage while sword get lowered by 1 , spear increased 3 point instead.
---
it would be cool if ammo base have explosive comp so all ammo will explode on destroyed like vanilla mortar shell

---
is it possible to ignore food in loadout ? so pawn without meal in loadout not loop drop and pickup meal
or make an allow rule something like, dont drop "A" but never pick up "A", it can minimize micro in loadout for example
in times where weapon still un-uniform, if you want to use loadout with some variation because lack of weapon, you must make a lot of loadout like bow+spear, bow+knife, etc.
but if we can tell pawn to ignore something we can just make 1 bow loadout with allow rule spear and knife, it only take 1 loadout to have pawn with bow and other weapon.

carpediembr

I keep getting the below error, probably some compability issues with another mod. Anyone able to help me?

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

sidfu

Quote from: carpediembr on January 16, 2017, 09:13:29 AM
I keep getting the below error, probably some compability issues with another mod. Anyone able to help me?

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

better to post on git. also he knows aboout it. its related to 2 areas right now. traders and if u have animal trainers set to tran a animals skill.

if the error keeps repeating on a colonist check their inventory they probaly grabed a whole growing grass of the ground to use for training. use assign to force give them stuff for training chan help for now.

when shows up on trader just turn off auto open till they leave.